OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 19:01 
Super User

Well , is 149 right now :wink: ... I said above that Bobocica is a "pro" and he beat Karakasevic in a certain tournament.

http://www.ittf.com/ittf_ranking/world_ ... _ID=101192

On the other hand I found Schlager the most technical player from the pro circuit even his style is "speed& power" . Criticizing these players is an injustice ...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2008, 22:19 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe MC2
FH: Yinhe Jupiter 3 39deg
BH: Victas Ventus Extra
vali wrote:
Well , is 149 right now :wink: ... I said above that Bobocica is a "pro" and he beat Karakasevic in a certain tournament.

this is hilarious!

proof #4826 that people on internet forums talk out of their asses!

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2008, 02:50 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I strongly suspect that if some of the posters early on in this thread knew that he was ranked 149 in the world, they may have held back about his 'not great' forehand. As I said at the start, as far as footwork, recovery and weight tranfer go (the bits that matter) its perfect. Have another look at the clip, they are playing randomly between b/hand and f/hand, so cannot anticipate where the ball is going and recover directly to play that stroke. He recovers his bat to a neutral position inline with his crossover point AFTER EVERY STROKE. Try doing this and see how hard it is, so hard infact, you are usually looking at a professional if its done competently and at pace. Now a REGULAR exercise/drill can be played faster because both players know where the ball is going. There is a massive difference in these two types of drill, with the former being considerately more difficult the perform at speed. Quality? you've got to know what to look for before you pass judgements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2008, 07:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

speedplay wrote:
Actually, he level was revealed in the beginning and I don't care if a player is rated or not, if I see a flaw, I comment on it. Even Ma Lin, Wang Hao and those guys have flaws to their game, shouldn't those be pointed out because of their rankings?

We are all aiming to improve but the first step is to realize that we all have something to improve on, once you think your short game is great, that your serve is perfect, nobody has a better forehand loop then you etc etc, then you'll stop developing.

I say, regardless of level, try to find your flaws/weaknesses and work on them. Besides, here we (low level players) are free to pass our judgment on who ever we want, thats the nice part about this forum :wink:

I think you miss the point completely, we should all be self critical I am a great advotate of that, I just don't like to see critisism when its unwarranted. Everybody is entitled to their oppinion, this is just mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2008, 07:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

speedplay wrote:
Actually, he level was revealed in the beginning and I don't care if a player is rated or not, if I see a flaw, I comment on it. Even Ma Lin, Wang Hao and those guys have flaws to their game, shouldn't those be pointed out because of their rankings?

:wink:

his level was not revealed at the start. I agree that these top players have flaws, and its easy to say that a player has a flaw, identifying what it is and how to overcome it is more difficult though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008, 07:24 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

speedplay wrote:
:oops: I believed his level was revealed at the start, but the point is, regardless of his level, I think we are all entitled to criticize his technique. Not because we are better, but we are allowed to express our opinion about him, or anyone else. I really must say, he didn't look tat impressing to me. Sure, I would probably have to play 100-500 points with him before I won one, but he's not like Wow, what a great player to me. Note, this is all said after his level has been revealed.

Also, I feel like you are trying to defend someone who doesn't need to be defended, having reread the tread, all that is said is that he isn't perfect and and pointed out something about moving his weight forward, while admitting that it was his opinion and not necessarily right. Being rated at 149 shows that Bogeyhunter is right, the guy isn't perfect, cause then he would be number one.

So please, do not attack members or suggest that they should be ashamed because they express an opinion, we are all entitled to that, regardless of our own level.

I'm sorry, I did not mean to cause offence to anyone, I'm not that sort of guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2008, 09:08 
Master Of Deception
Master Of Deception

speedplay wrote:

Also, I feel like you are trying to defend someone who doesn't need to be defended, having reread the tread, all that is said is that he isn't perfect and and pointed out something about moving his weight forward, while admitting that it was his opinion and not necessarily right. Being rated at 149 shows that Bogeyhunter is right, the guy isn't perfect, cause then he would be number one.

Speedy. I think we(or you and me) should stop(I have stopped for a while until you mention me!!!) respond to this kind of topic. Why?
1. If someone think he's perfect.....fine with me but he's not great in my scale, he good!! Point is that everyone has own scale.
2. We got NOTHING from discussing this topic.

EASY P - http://nexyusa.com/collections/rubber/products/easy-p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6tyNTO7 ... ure=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0zkq9Ja3E8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dARovqP9tT0#t=64

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 00:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Bogeyhunter wrote:
2. We got NOTHING from discussing this topic.

you only got nothing from this discussion, if you did not look properly :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 07:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

speedplay wrote:
BH, as you might have noticed, I didn't participate in this tread to begin with. Why? Cause I shared your view about him but didn't think that discussing him would give me any benefits. So I only participated when Dark Horse suggested that you all should be ashamed of yourself.

Dark Horse, I'm glad that you found the tread helpful, thats what all foruming should be about. As long as members learn something or find joy in the treads here, I find them to be good and worthy of a place here.

I'm Sorry, there is some cultural differences here, To 'hang your head in shame' is not taken literally in English and often used in a light hearted way. Surely an english member can back me up on this one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2008, 08:36 
Super User

priior wrote:
vali wrote:

this is hilarious!

lol

Hmm, I don't know what was hilarious : Bobocica being 149 in the world , him being a "pro" or the fact he won over Karakasevic
http://www.ittf.com/Protour_new/Stories ... ear1=2006& .
I think your post maybe the proof #4826 - not mine ... :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2008, 05:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

vali wrote:
priior wrote:
vali wrote:

this is hilarious!

lol

Hmm, I don't know what was hilarious : Bobocica being 149 in the world , him being a "pro" or the fact he won over Karakasevic
http://www.ittf.com/Protour_new/Stories ... ear1=2006& .
I think your post maybe the proof #4826 - not mine ... :wink: :lol:

Ditto :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2008, 15:30 
Super User

Caught the game between Bobocica (ITA) and Wang Hao (CHN) today. Bobocica lost the match, but by pretty close margin - he even had a few chances to take a set from Wang Hao. Bobocica looks like a very promising player. His current WR of 149 is pretty far off from his current abilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2008, 08:59 
Super User

He won over Andrei Filimon . Too bad Bobocica play for Italy .... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2008, 17:16 

Bobocica vs. Wang Hao:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EH1F064N

Compliments of Fixpoint at mytabletennis.net.

Bobocica's short game is beautiful! He is obviously annoying for third-ball-attackers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2008, 11:42 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
unisonus wrote:
Bobocica vs. Wang Hao:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EH1F064N

Compliments of Fixpoint at mytabletennis.net.

Bobocica's short game is beautiful! He is obviously annoying for third-ball-attackers.

The link leads us to Megaupload page that help us finding a date in San Diego, that's not what I want. Are there other tricks we have to do to watch this match?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next