OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 08 May 2024, 10:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 17:04 
Super User

I tried VLC, Wondershare, Skysoft free trials with the watermarks. Oh well, the job's done.

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 17:13 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Nice! When was that played?

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 17:42 
Super User

Thanks Big Guy!

I can tell you honestly that I rather take a beating from the Div1's than go through all this clicking, downloading uploading, reading, searching jazz even though I have a computer science background. I'm not a user but I am interested in algorithms and the like.

The match was played in Sweden in 1985. There are other uploads but this is complete set 2.

I have other matches on my 5 disc dvd compliation but this uploading thing is gonna really p-off my wife when we get the bill next month :sweat: Now I remember why I stopped uploading a few years ago. Plus I dont normally rip(off) stuff either. And when I was pippy a few few years back, the tools werent that easy as they were now.

Also, my apologies haggisv for sneaking back on your site - :oops: Just wanted a fresh start or two or three... :D Wasn't sure about internet etiquette or TT back then and bit off more than I could chew.

Erik should have won this set. He started out so well with the powerful over the table loops.

Hope you enjoy it. I have more matches and if you guys have more tips about file sharing or uploading or good easy to use tools let me know. Hope Def-attacks enjoys it as well.

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 18:16 
The King

It seems you had a hard time converting the video. Handbrake would be an easy to use program to use, no watermarks and the output file is not that big so easy to upload. Good way to keep the output size down is to use aac audio compression at around 100 KB. While many people would say this is way too low to get decent audio quality, you can go much lower with aac compression and for most people it would still sound good.

Anyway, you should give handbrake a try. It should be able to open the DVD folder directly. It should also handle framerate and interlacing correctly, the video linked here seems to running at an incorrect framerate and interlacing was not interpolated correctly (frame ghosting)

There are several other programs that would be good to convert videos and also a few that are easier to use but handbrake always produces good results.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

Last edited by Elvis56 on 12 May 2013, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 18:56 
Super User

I should have wrote: vlc,wondershare,aimersoft,handbrake, skysoft...

The download and install were quick and easy but it required a library, another download so I skipped it.

Thanks for the tip, King.

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 20:01 
Super User

Blade: DonicWaldnerSenso
FH: Sriver FX-Max
BH: TSP Curl P-1R 0.5
Just to clarify-it was the opening match of the 1985 Swaythling Cup Final between China and Sweden. Being at home in Gothenburg, with a team of bright young stars (Lindh, Appelgren, Waldner, all near the start of their careers), Sweden felt that they had a real chance to beat the Chinese and avenge the 5-1 beating they took in the 1983 Final, especially since China's team was brand new.

It was not to be. At the time nobody expected China to play a chopper in the Final, and Chen Xinhua proved to be something of a trump card.

Lindh lost -16,-16 and thereafter it was a procession: Jiang JL-Appelgren (2-1); Chen Longcan-Waldner (2-1); Jiang-Lindh (2-0, but each game close) and finally Chen X-Waldner (2-1). The Swedes had their chances in every match but it was a disastrous 0-5.

Two years later, in India, the same happened. Waldner and Appelgren went down with dysentery and Sweden lost 5-0 in the Final.
Which is why the 1989 5-0 (to Sweden) victory, as seen in the great documentary 'Bragden', was so significant.

PostPosted: 12 May 2013, 20:28 
The King

This site always has good lists of useful freeware
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fr ... rogram.htm

The freemake converter is good but as written there beware of the opencandy installer.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 02:00 
Super User

Elvis56 wrote:
This site always has good lists of useful freeware
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fr ... rogram.htm

The freemake converter is good but as written there beware of the opencandy installer.

Again, thanks for the tip King.

The trial version Wondershare was great at installing and rapid converting the entire disc. But when I used the trimmer, there was no way to export or save the trimmed file. So I had to download the Wondrshare Video editor then I trimed it again but it only saves as .wsve files. Ay, caramba!

I already had VLC so I tried it first as there was a quick online guide. However the title number instruction was badly written and I had to take guesses but all I could rip was the intro to the dvd which was a 5 sec file.

ALSO THANKS for the info zzzuppp! I can't read chinese so I assumed incorrectly it was the wttc 85.Will add that to my ut! At some point I will re upload a another version, thanks the tips guys!

PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 02:18 
The Court Jester
The Court Jester

Thanks for the video!
After all these years, Chen still has the same smile on his face. : )

PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 05:48 
Super User

Blade: DonicWaldnerSenso
FH: Sriver FX-Max
BH: TSP Curl P-1R 0.5
timeout wrote:
ALSO THANKS for the info zzzuppp! I can't read chinese so I assumed incorrectly it was the wttc 85.

No problem. It IS the wttc '85, back in the days when the Teams were held at the same event as the Individuals (the Swaythling Cup is what the Men's Team win, in case you didn't know).

PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 07:00 
Super User

In 1985 I was watching Edberg and Wilander celebrating their Davis Cup win over Germany. They won the Davis Cup ;)

Now that I have been retired from tennis for over almost a decade I have been watching my share of WTTC matches, past and recent, but somehow, someway... I've never come across the name Swaythling. Thanks.

PostPosted: 13 May 2013, 07:08 
Super User

shaolinTT wrote:
Thanks for the video!
After all these years, Chen still has the same smile on his face. : )

Hey Shaolin:

If you live in the GTA, I bought all of these discs at the big video store in Market Villiage, close by the elevator.

I'm going to try to rip and upload the CHEN video where he talks about his blade (DHS 32?) and his short pips (Yung?). He speaks madarin in the video but you can detect a cantonese accent although he is really from Fujian.

AND HE SMILES ALOT! :rock: