OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 167  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 May 2007, 20:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Good to have you here comet++... Yes I know you well as fatcomet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2007, 08:25 
Super User

I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Mike, and I came here in search of the ultimate equipment for a Joo/Chen style attacking chopper. With help from the wonderful long pip experts on this forum, my search is nearing an end. :twisted:

blade BTY Photino ST/Palio HengDa #1 ST, fh Palio Macro ERA 42deg MAX, bh Palio CK531A OX

TT Armory, N. America Palio distributor. Macro ERA Tensor, Biotech rubbers, and more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2007, 09:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Great to have you with us Mike!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2007, 17:43 

I am Yeong. Quite new to pingpong and i love the game. I am a student and i came to australia to study. Have been trying to find Pingpong items everywhere on sport shops and all i can get is some lousy premade bat which is overpriced until i found this cool pingpong website. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2007, 18:00 
I am Legend
I am Legend

You'll generally have to go to an actual club to buy tt gear. There are only a handful of actual tt shops nationwide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2007, 18:06 
Super User

Hi , I am Vali and I am 36 . I play table tennis since 9 , but only as an amateur and with long breaks. I am now very interested in mastering euro-loop . For years I played just by instinct and by catching from others so I was using penholder type strokes (beying a shakehander :lol: ) and asian style of forehand loop. I've been for a while on this forum but I was too lazy to introduce myself. Now , I am a software programmer and I was a Math teacher few years ago. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2007, 20:14 
Heavy Looper

I've been around a while, but only just noticed I haven't told you about myself in this thread. Just copied this from elsewhere, so sorry to those of you who have read it before.

Name: James
Webnames: Juan King Carlos/Carlo, Mike Oxbent, Trudy Ked, etc
TT History: Played for 20 years, local league, British League (last 5ish years), Many tournaments and Grand Prix (Last 6 years), County (once). Not allowed out as much as I would like to practice by the wife any more.
TT Heroes: Don't really study the game in fact I don't watch it very much at all.
Playing Style: V. Heavy Chop/ Float Serves (disguised), attack everything with heavy topspin loop, if that fails then heavy topspin loop away from the table and get everything back.
Equipment: Fast blades, Chinese Rubber, EEII but given up glue recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2007, 23:56 

i dont even know where the club is located. mind telling me? i am at perth

Post subject: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2007, 19:00 

I'm a 64 year old lecturer (enjoying it and not looking to retire) just returning to play TT. I only played for 2 seasons some years ago, in fact I haven't played for as long as I didn't play, I'm sure all the IT experts that seem to be in here will work that one out. I'm enjoying looking at all the 'new' rubbers and 'blades'. I've bought a few from the reviews offered and am about to try my second lot of BH FH combination rubbers. I found it hard to come to grips with the 'new' system, ie, 2 serves and playing to 11. In my brief day it was 5 and 21. However, I look upon my return as a fitness exercise, and it's not as bruising as my past interest. I live in the Adelaide Hills and will be playing for a club located here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2007, 00:10 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Good to have another player from Adelaide donwalker! Hope you can pick up some tips from this forum, especially if you're a long pimples player :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2007, 08:51 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Yeah, Don, welcome and look out for this American joker who SOUNDS like he knows some stuff. He will review the daylights out of a blade or rubber to get you interested in buying such and such rubber, then after you buy it, write a better and more interesting review about another one! Ask Haggasv about the equipment he recommends before buying it.

Look closely at Silvalis' reviews as he is the most invested Equipment Junkie of this lot and writes an organized review that tells it like it is. All in all, you will find a good crew here. Heck, you could possibly practically take a walk and meet the Gescheftsführer himself.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2007, 09:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

:D

Post subject: Combination
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2007, 19:34 

The rubber combination I have is Skyline 2 FH and Hurricane 3 BH. I found with the FH I couldn't quite loop like I used to, and didn't have the defensive control I thought I once had on the BH. Mind you, many a good red wine has passed my lips over 31 years of non-playing. I am trying a Crystal Carbon King blade with a Globe Prize Li Qin and Globe 999 National, all from reviews on this forum or One of a Kind etc. (OK, I'm starting 'cheap') I would love to try a 'pimples out' rubber but the sound is a little off putting. I do have a spare blade (brand X) that I will use as a basis for trying the odd rubber. It's good to read the forums from various players at their different levels (and of course their preferences) At a recent practice night I had the use of a $250 'bat', it was amazing, the ball went I pointed it to go, or else it was all in my head!! I will enjoy this as long as I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2007, 11:16 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Photino for now
FH: Haifu Blue Whale for now
BH: Donic Bluefire for now
Name: Chris
Job: Data Distrobution for Car Dealerships
Hobbies: Tennis, TT, Football (American), Basketball, Baseball, and Linux Distros (I'm always trying out a new one). Played Tennis, Baseball, and Basketball Collegiately.
TT: I was a basement player for a long time with my brothers, and kids in the neighborhood. I was trained when I was at college for awhile by a very accomplished TT player just because he needed someone to practice with, and I had more talent than anyone else. I still play a hair too much like a Tennis player, but it sure does make for a strong away from the table forehand. If I could figure out a way that I wouldn't ever have to hit a backhand I would feel pretty good about my game. As it is I really need to work on it. I'm too competitive to not be the best player at the club for long. I have aways to go, but physically there wont be a problem. I only have about 2 years of actual TT expirience. However I have 20 years of Ping Pong expirience which doesn't really help. I really love Chinese type equipment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2007, 11:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Welcome to the forum Skippy... you finally found us :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 167  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!