OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

which one is better?
Video 1 - "no look" 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Video 2 - target practice 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 9
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 04:40 

Is this guy for real??

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 06:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Well known US player.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 07:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think the first one is more entertaining, the second is more impressive. :up:

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 08:12 
Pips for Breakfast! Mmmm. Beary Nice!

I agree with haggisv. The first one is good, but ... The second one proves that he does have an eagle-eye and couldn't have got away with repeating it to get it right on camera. Sure, he had to practise, but six hits with an error is impressive. Maybe he could be employed to detonate mines?

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 08:32 

if these are legit and he's really that good, i'd have to say the 1st is more impressive and the 2nd more "flashy". both are obviously incredibly impressive but the 2nd is a single skill (something someone of high level would presumably have) whereas the 1st seems to combine several into one trick. plus, it's not like he has a bucket of balls practicing until he gets it right and then edits out the misses. each try takes a good amount of time. that takes a lot of confidence... regardless, both left me in awe. great work. :clap:

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 18:46 

The first trick shot video is the best by far!
He's a lot closer to the target(s) in the second video. And he's NOT EVEN LOOKING at the target in the first video!!
I want to know what other tricks this dude can do. Maybe if he wins this one, he will submit another in a future contest :rock:

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 19:35 

The only thing about the first one is that he could have done several takes to get it right ... we only got to see the successful one. I'm not taking anything away from the actual footage, but ...

Weapon 1: Andro Kinetic Supreme Hinoki/Zylon OFF-; Andro Hexer HDs (FH 2.1/BH 1.9)
Weapon 2: Ross Leidy 'Smokey'; Friendship 729-5s
Club1: Daylesford - since 2010
Club2: Ballarat - since 2011

Blog: A Naked Bear

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 19:55 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Both good vids. I'm sure both took some takes before getting right, both take great skill. All cool!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2013, 19:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Oskar wrote:
The only thing about the first one is that he could have done several takes to get it right ... we only got to see the successful one. I'm not taking anything away from the actual footage, but ...

My thoughts exactly... hitting 6 balls in a row is impressive!

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2013, 00:07 

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Both good vids. I'm sure both took some takes before getting right, both take great skill. All cool!

I agree completely!

One thing that has to be taken into consideration, however, is the difficulty in SKILL of that first one. Seems like it's implied he was lucky but how many people do you know can bounce the ball on the handle with such control to begin with? I heard from my friend in NY that he can do it easily over 100 times with any racket. He's also taking the shot BLIND from at least 15 feet away AND with Cpen grip (he's clearly a shakehander with that racket)!

Also, no balls on the ground plus an introduction to the trick should tell the viewer this was no fluke, even if it took a few attempts. He's confident enough in his skills to take so much time per try that we can't dismiss it as luck (the same goes for the second one of course). I just feel that so many more skills were incorporated into the first one and it was certainly one of the most original tricks I've ever seen someone pull off (intentionally).

I really hope he wins this thing, regardless of which trick :up: