OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 19:45 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
This one is definitely worth a watch. Good sense of humour seeps into this match....take a look! :lol:

http://vitaminl.tv/video/2319?ref=fbs

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 21:03 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2014, 23:07 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Would they do that at the end of a match in any serious sport? They do things like this all the time in pro table tennis. The ITTF announcers always laugh it off saying something like "hahahaha, exhibition stuff, a little something for the fans, hahahaha."

How many times do we have to see people lob from behind the barriers? This is part of the reason people view this sport as a joke.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 12:14 
Super User

Blade: Appelgren Allplay
FH: Mark V GPS 2.0
BH: Reflectoid 2.0
I appreciate the fact that some professional, top-level players can take themselves not so seriously on occasion.

Haha the whole thing with moving the barrier...that cracked me up; especially the second time when he pointed to the umpire and was like "Hey, you don't touch this!"

And the double ball rally was impressive.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2014, 16:15 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

mynamenotbob wrote:
Would they do that at the end of a match in any serious sport? They do things like this all the time in pro table tennis. The ITTF announcers always laugh it off saying something like "hahahaha, exhibition stuff, a little something for the fans, hahahaha."

How many times do we have to see people lob from behind the barriers? This is part of the reason people view this sport as a joke.

I think its good for sportsmen to be able to entertain and show the lighter side to their sport. I don't think doing this makes the spot look like a joke, but able to have a joke. Big difference. I'm not sure who thinks TT is a joke, but I'm sure their opinion doesn't count :P :lol: And I think most spectators think lobbing from behind the barriers takes a high degree of skill (which it does to some extent), so they are impressed by the fact that such skill can be maintained whilst employing such antics. Personally, I think it endears people to the sport.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014, 00:11 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Reb, I'm sorry for having double posted this video - I didn't notice you already started a topic about it. You can delete my topic.

What exactly makes it so funny for me, is exactly that this is an official tournament and not another pre-orchestered exhibition match. The umpire really didn't know what to do... In the beginning, she even restored the fence, but after a while she let it all happen...

Jokes and little shows are not uncommon in other sports. Think about Henri Leconte & Yannick Noah in tennis, think about McEnroe's rants. Even Djokovic used to be a joker, especially before he entered the top 3. Also, during cycling races, jokes are made, in the final stage of the tour the france, champagne is drunk on the bicycle, etc.

But what happens here strikes everything. Removing the table f.e while playing is just totally not allowed. Saive has always been a bit of a show man, and at his age (44) he can't do anything else against someone like Chuang then trying to amuse the audience. Let's not forget Saive was world's number 1 for two years (1994-1995), participated 22 times at the world championships, 7 times at the Olympics. Nowadays he's WR 128 and probably just wants to enjoy and promote the sport. It was great of Chuang to play his role in the show. To date, this youtube films had 5 million views and it created a lot of enthusiasm. I agree with Reb that it endears people to sport!

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014, 21:52 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Here are again the highlights of the match, but without banners and in HD quality:

And the full match in HD:

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014, 23:02 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Pipsy wrote:
Reb, I'm sorry for having double posted this video - I didn't notice you already started a topic about it. You can delete my topic.

Don't worry about it Pipsy. I had a quick look before I posted it to see if anyone else already had, but its easy to miss if someone did. I probably could have titled it better to help you do the same (so maybe its me that needs to apologise :lol: ). I'm sure its not the first time this has happened and I doubt it'll be the last. ;)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!