OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 01:13 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
1850!

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 01:14 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Certain style match ups just look bad on video (and in real life too) - see some of Pushblocker videos when he plays 2500+ players. Loopers miss too much since they misread the spin coming off LP blocks etc.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 01:39 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
In Japsican's video players seem to be guite good in driving, especially the longer haired dude. Maybe 2100?

(In my video Pasi Valasti in blue is actually 9 times Finnish champion and ex Bundesliga pro.)

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 01:49 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Any others? These are fun threads.

Pgpg makes a real nice statement about the deception of video and styles.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 01:52 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Yeah, and your opponent makes a difference too. If I'm playing a weaker opponent, I look signiiiiificantly better than if I'm playing someone who's experienced and plays well against pimples. In the former video I might look 1800 USATT, in the latter probably 1500!

I'll add our local league's recent Closed tournament Open singles final. These players don't have a USATT rating though, or anything comparable, so just for our own estimation:

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 02:55 

dunc wrote:
Yeah, and your opponent makes a difference too. If I'm playing a weaker opponent, I look signiiiiificantly better than if I'm playing someone who's experienced and plays well against pimples. In the former video I might look 1800 USATT, in the latter probably 1500!

Bogeyhunter made me look like I was 900..I was struggling just to return his serves.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 02:57 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
dunc wrote:

Reverse for me - I (well, my game) look best against higher level players. I lose more, though.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 03:09 

pgpg wrote:
dunc wrote:

Reverse for me - I (well, my game) look best against higher level players. I lose more, though.

Actually, that's usually the case for me too. Lower guys play a lot of no-spin and I look bad vs. that. Against 1800 level loopers, I look a lot "better."

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 03:11 

dunc wrote:

23-2400?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 04:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
This is actually a little deceiving because early on the 2 players look around 1700-1800 US, but as the game goes on and you get more of a look at their skills they could be anything up to 2200 or so. I'd say they are probably not as high as that as they don't seem quite that consistent. So I'll land in the range of 1900-2000. Its always hard assessing level from video because each player can impact the other to make them look good or bad. Getting at the other end of the table to someone can change you perception of them drastically, having only watched them play til that point.

I must admit, I only watched the first few minutes.

I'm basing my assessment on other players I've watched - there was a German postdoc who showed up one year when I was in grad school, he'd played in the top echelons of the German amateur league, a really good player. We'd drive up to Indianapolis, and he'd play match after match against Richard Hicks (long pips chopper, the top player in the state at the time) and win mostly. Went to the USOTC and came back with a rating of a little under 2300, IIRC. There's no way any of these people could have been anything close to his level. There was also (a lot more recently) that player Brett was practicing with in Chiang Mai when I visited the club where he was playing. Brett estimated his rating to be around 2300. This guy had a lot more power and was a great deal more consistent than either of those two. Also the best player at our University club for many years was a music grad student who was rated about 1800, I don't think either of these guys (at least from I saw in the first few minutes of the video) could have beaten him, he was a great deal more consistent. On the other hand, I've also known quite a few 1600-1700 level players, far above the level I played at but they remind me of them in terms of power and consistency (they tended to miss a lot, too).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 04:42 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
Wow, so the guy in the blue is about 2600 USATT? Jeez.... Video is decieving.

This video might give more accurate picture against number 2. in Finland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSG18hyH3_M&t=175s

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 08:15 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Jesus he hits the ball hard :D Doesn't look pretty... but I bet it would hurt!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

[Other gear I've used]

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2017, 12:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Roy wrote:
Japsican wrote:

This video might give more accurate picture against number 2. in Finland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSG18hyH3_M&t=175s

Yeah, that's more like it.. :lol:

2600 would be REALLY high - about what Danny Seemiller was in his prime.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 01:42 

iskandar taib wrote:
Roy wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Yeah, that's more like it.. :lol:

2600 would be REALLY high - about what Danny Seemiller was in his prime.

Iskandar

I'm not sure I and reading your comment here correctly...are you sayiing 2600 is an over-estimate?

Roy posted that video to illustrate just how high a level that player truly was...not the opposite. That's why he commented "Pasi Valasti in blue is actually 9 times Finnish champion and ex Bundesliga pro." He's "Pro Level." In the video he's holding his own with the No. 2 in Finland...

He, himself is the no. 6 guy in Finland, and if I do a google search for his name I see WR in the 200s in the results, but when I click on the links, it goes to the older ITTF ranking sites which no longer work. I also saw a record of him participating in the 2000 TT World Championships.

So, 2600 is probably accurate. Maybe 2500...

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 16:45 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
Roy posted that video to illustrate just how high a level that player truly was...not the opposite. That's why he commented "Pasi Valasti in blue is actually 9 times Finnish champion and ex Bundesliga pro." He's "Pro Level." In the video he's holding his own with the No. 2 in Finland...

He, himself is the no. 6 guy in Finland, and if I do a google search for his name I see WR in the 200s in the results, but when I click on the links, it goes to the older ITTF ranking sites which no longer work. I also saw a record of him participating in the 2000 TT World Championships.

So, 2600 is probably accurate. Maybe 2500...

He is not as high as 2600, as he doesn't train seriously. What is "funny", Here in Finland are lot of 40-50 years old players among the top players, so there is lack of promising younger players, only Benedek Olah is promising. Sweden has lot better than we do. :(