OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 21:38 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
rodderz wrote:
Hes pretty big now and a Kung Fu expert living in China, also the first clip is several years ago acompanied but echos in the hall if we listen, I played him two years ago and he didn't cho once

rodderz wrote:
I have seen young Kevin play and he has a good alround game and Is in the top 8 in New Zealand (thats why he went to the Worlds etc because of his great potential and to give him the experience) Which I thought was a great idea ,
I have never played him but I did beat one of his team (in the first vid )members in interclub (hay if you don't beat them when they are 12 you never will :lol: )

Now which is it Rodderz? Never played him, or played him 2 years ago? |( :^) :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 21:44 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
rodderz wrote:
Hes pretty big now and a Kung Fu expert living in China, also the first clip is several years ago acompanied but echos in the hall if we listen, I played him two years ago and he didn't cho once

rodderz wrote:
I have seen young Kevin play and he has a good alround game and Is in the top 8 in New Zealand (thats why he went to the Worlds etc because of his great potential and to give him the experience) Which I thought was a great idea ,
I have never played him but I did beat one of his team (in the first vid )members in interclub (hay if you don't beat them when they are 12 you never will :lol: )

Now which is it Rodderz? Never played him, or played him 2 years ago? |( :^) :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

I played him in October 2009 so ther smarty pants, I wasn't to know the future lol, and this post started in sep 2009
actually I was double inverted when I played him 8)

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 21:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

What? You played him a month after this thread and you didn't come back and tell everyone about it? He thrashed you so bad you couldn't tell? :P :lol:

C'mon tell us what you remember about it! 8)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 22:18 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
What? You played him a month after this thread and you didn't come back and tell everyone about it? He thrashed you so bad you couldn't tell? :P :lol:

C'mon tell us what you remember about it! 8)

I don't go running and jumping everytime I play a TT prodigy lol, unlike one particular Aussie social club :party: player I enter National Open Champs and play against NZ, Australian and Oceanic champions its just the way the ball rolls here 8) . I should be playing against the 2010 NZ open mens winner in the next few weeks in my A grade interclub,
(you are right about one thing ) if I get thrashed I may not tell everyone lol :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 22:56 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

*cough* Bul...*cough* If you'd beaten Kevin you would have piped about it. Sneaking in with a post 2 years after you said you never played him, with a post saying you played him 2 years ago sounded very odd. I don't think there is any disgrace in admitting you lost to him. He's a good player, its understandable he would outclass you. ;)

You should consider yourself lucky to have circumstances to play in the tournaments you do. Not all of us have that luxury for many reasons that you don't seem to have much understanding for.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2011, 08:14 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
*cough* Bul...*cough* If you'd beaten Kevin you would have piped about it. Sneaking in with a post 2 years after you said you never played him, with a post saying you played him 2 years ago sounded very odd. I don't think there is any disgrace in admitting you lost to him. He's a good player, its understandable he would outclass you. ;)

You should consider yourself lucky to have circumstances to play in the tournaments you do. Not all of us have that luxury for many reasons that you don't seem to have much understanding for.

hahaha just because many years ago there was some news on Kevin and he has played internationaly for NZ, I shouldn't have to remember to go back and update posts (half the time I can't remember two months ago anyway) well in theory he should outclass 98% of the members here but thats not important.

I don't consider that after playing table tennis 25 years before I decided to play in a few events over the last 10 years as lucky :headbang: , If the event is local or Im selected to play or asked to be a coach, or Im doing business, or I want to volunteer or watch, or I think lifes to short just thinking about it.
I have plenty of understanding why some people never enter and why others travel around Austrailasia, I try and activly get more over 40's entering competions and wish I had started entering comps at a much younger age

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2011, 22:32 
Super User

As an American, I can say I'd rather hear them shout Cho-than some of the things I've heard when one of our Jr's misses a sitter. It sure aint Cho that they are shouting!

Ian

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 22:12 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

How is Kevin compared to Lin Gaoyuan? :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2011, 21:22 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

YosuaYosan wrote:

well how much grass in your front yard and compare it to a National park, China has a few hundred kevins
but he has a World ranking and trains hard in China 9 months a year, and has played at Worlds Champs etc so he may be a few million places above some...

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 02:45 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

rodderz wrote:
YosuaYosan wrote:

well how much grass in your front yard and compare it to a National park, China has a few hundred kevins
but he has a World ranking and trains hard in China 9 months a year, and has played at Worlds Champs etc so he may be a few million places above some...

Very nice comparison Sir Rodderz :lol:

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011, 06:04 

Where does Kevin stand compared to Roger Rao?