OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: TSP Millitall II pips
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2007, 09:13 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Although these are somewhere between short and long pips, I expect characteristics to be close to long pips, so I'll post some information here...

I'm not sure if I'll review this myself, but I'll show some details and pics:

This is the closeup of the rubber:

Here is a pics of the rubber next to the Galaxy 955 long pips, whose pip dimensions are close to maximum size:

As you can see the pip width and length is a lot less than the 955. Pips are rough on the tips.

The rubbers looks good quality as with all TSP rubbers. Sponge ~1mm feels fairly soft, mid to high 30 degs. The pip feel a little stiff, but this may be just coz they're smaller. They don't feel that grippy when your run your fingers over the softly, definitely less than the 955, but when you rub a little harder, they feel quite grippy.

Since it has a fairly soft sponge as well, I would expect you'd get a fair amount of spin with them, closer to short pips than long pips in general. At low impact you'll likely get some spin reversal, but at high impact the spin will be taken off, or imparted depending on your stroke...

Of course this is only what I expect from my experience with other rubbers, so don't mistake these for facts...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2007, 09:29 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Well, if you're not going to review it who's going to step up to the plate and give them a shot? :lol: I would say that this sheet would act a bit more like a long pip than short pips..those pips are quite a bit taller than the 799, which I would say is medium-short. Also, from what I can tell from the picture, it seems the millitall has vertically arranged pips...did we ever figure out exactly what that meant as opposed to horizontally arranged ones?

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2007, 22:14 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Holding up PimpleMini next to 955, and comparing this to the pic above, both PimpleMini and Millitall look fairly similar. PimpleMini also has a very soft sponge and is very light.

That's different is that the PimpleMini feels grippier than 955 to run your finger over, and the pip ends aren't finished as nicely.

For those who missed my mini-review thead- Nikkaku Pimple Mini can create far more spin than standard short pips, but amazingly, is also largely immune to spin. 8)

This creature is probably similar, except it may actually offer some spin reversal...?

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2007, 08:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
TSP also have super spin pips, which seem to have wider and closer together pips. These have a much higher spin rating, 8.25 as compared to 3.5 for the millitall II. The super spinpips are likely to be much more like a short pip... their speed rating is much higher too (9.00 vs 5.00).

The pimple mini might be somewhere in between... or perhaps very similar... not sure...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2007, 12:32 
Super User

So has anyone tried this out? I might give it a go if it behaves like Pimple Mini.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2007, 15:15 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

The pip tiips look better made than Pimple Mini, but I don't know if it will be as spinny on chops, serves, & highly angled pushes. It might be even better!?

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!