OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Most deceptive MPs?
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010, 11:59 

Hi,

I find myself switching often between MPs and LPs. When I play with MPs, I love control but hate the fact that my training partners get used to them fast. With LPs it's the other way around. I love my Peacekeeper OX but it's a bit too predictable. What's the most deceptive MPs out there?

Post subject: Re: Most deceptive MPs?
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010, 12:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
nachalnik wrote:
Hi,

I find myself switching often between MPs and LPs. When I play with MPs, I love control but hate the fact that my training partners get used to them fast. With LPs it's the other way around. I love my Peacekeeper OX but it's a bit too predictable. What's the most deceptive MPs out there?
Meteor 71-2 OX is downright ugly to play against. It's not that bad an attacking pip, either. On the other end of the spectrum, RITC 563 on 1.5 or 2.0 sponge is also very difficult to play against when the user knows how to vary no-spin and spin. Clean such pips after every match for best results.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010, 14:06 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
galaxy pluto is DEADLY....i used to chop with feint long 3 and can honestly say that pluto has more reversal lol....as a medium pip!!!

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010, 02:19 

leatherback wrote:
galaxy pluto is DEADLY....i used to chop with feint long 3 and can honestly say that pluto has more reversal lol....as a medium pip!!!

The question is if it loses a lot of control while adding disturbance?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010, 03:32 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
TSP Millitall II 1.0mm

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010, 03:58 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
nachalnik wrote:
leatherback wrote:

The question is if it loses a lot of control while adding disturbance?

its a double edge sword, more disturbance automatically means less control, it is a fast medium pip especially with sponge

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010, 04:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I would recommend against certain MP's that I tested, namely Hallmark Half Long and RITC 799. I'll add my recommendation for Palio WP1013 though I think 563 is a similar, and slightly better pip.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 17:33 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

i like the gambler PK topsheet. PK-peacekeeper

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 18:38 
Super User

leatherback wrote:
its a double edge sword, more disturbance automatically means less control, it is a fast medium pip especially with sponge

I experienced that with friendship 563 2.0 mm soft sponge. nasty rubber to control, odd balls for opponents as well

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2010, 23:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

friendship wrote:
leatherback wrote:

I experienced that with friendship 563 2.0 mm soft sponge. nasty rubber to control, odd balls for opponents as well
I have played with several variants of 563, including 1.5 and 2.0 35* soft sponge, 1.5 and 1.8 Mystery I, and 1.5 Mystery 3. Comparing 563 35* soft 1.5 to 2.0, I found the 2.0 to be almost like an inverted, with less MP effect and trouble for opponents than 1.5, but more speed and spin. Mystery 3 1.5 may be as spinny as 35* soft 2.0 though I haven't tested them side-by-side yet. A word of caution: Looping with the spinnier 563s is doable but you'll quickly break pips. 563 is far deadlier when flatter strokes are used which bring out its drop effect, and present opponents with near dead balls that get returned into the net.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 03:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
i had a real hard time last season playing against an old guy who was using 563 ox on both sides of the blade,strange sinking floating balls that were difficult to swing at and he couldn`t half hit with them,i was surprised at the amount of topspin he could make

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 03:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

dazzler wrote:
i had a real hard time last season playing against an old guy who was using 563 ox on both sides of the blade,strange sinking floating balls that were difficult to swing at and he couldn`t half hit with them,i was surprised at the amount of topspin he could make
I have played with and against 563 OX and it is indeed strange! I find it harder to use than many OX LPs, but the learning curve on 563 with sponge is no picnic in and of itself.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 17:41 
Super User

nathanso wrote:
friendship wrote:
leatherback wrote:

I have played with several variants of 563, including 1.5 and 2.0 35* soft sponge, 1.5 and 1.8 Mystery I, and 1.5 Mystery 3. Comparing 563 35* soft 1.5 to 2.0, I found the 2.0 to be almost like an inverted, with less MP effect and trouble for opponents than 1.5, but more speed and spin. Mystery 3 1.5 may be as spinny as 35* soft 2.0 though I haven't tested them side-by-side yet. A word of caution: Looping with the spinnier 563s is doable but you'll quickly break pips. 563 is far deadlier when flatter strokes are used which bring out its drop effect, and present opponents with near dead balls that get returned into the net.

I suppose it depends greatly on sponge properties. my experience is that 1.5 mm 563 I've got was more wierd to opponents, as many had problems with even higher balls, while when playing with 1,5 mm the ball needed to be lower to cause more trouble. this is logical what you say, the thinner sponge should have stronger effect and the OX should have strongest spin kill when blocking, giving the most dead ball, but for some reason with sheets I've got this was not the case, 1,5 mm was predictable and 2,0 mm was really odd. I cannot explain why. 2,0 was not easy to control to me, unfortunately

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 17:44 
Super User

dazzler wrote:

a friend of mine plays with 563 OX, but even more often with old orthodox OX rubber. he likes it even better because he controls it easier, and the balls are quite dead and sinking, especially from his block. these balls sink fast

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 23:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

friendship wrote:
I cannot explain why. 2,0 was not easy to control to me, unfortunately
If you're referring to the 563 35* soft 2.0mm as sold by Zeropong.com, that's one fast rubber, which would naturally make it harder to control. Going from LP, I couldn't keep 563 2.0 or even 1.5 on the table, at first.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!