OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 12:42


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dawei 388c-1 sponge
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 19:07 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 550
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times
hI i m planning to buy dawei 388c-1 since i know it has a soft sponge and i want to buy in 2.0mm version so i can remove the sponge, is it easy to remove? (at least 1.0mm is easily removed )and can someone confirm the sponge is soft in 2.0mm?,maybe this is a good way to get a soft sponge


Top
 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Dawei 388c-1 sponge
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013, 20:01 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 31589
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1512 times
Been thanked: 979 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Distributors can order in this rubber with a variety different sponge hardnesses, so make sure you get one that specifies it's a soft one.
I have not tried to remove a sponge from that rubber, but it's been my experiences that the sponges are fairly easily removed from Dawei rubbers.

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Re-Impact Blades | Butterfly Table Tennis Equipment
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Butterfly Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dawei 388c-1 sponge
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013, 21:52 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3522
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 297 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Xiom Omega V Pro
BH: Dr N Bison+ 1,8 mm
bbkon wrote:
hI i m planning to buy dawei 388c-1 since i know it has a soft sponge and i want to buy in 2.0mm version so i can remove the sponge, is it easy to remove? (at least 1.0mm is easily removed )and can someone confirm the sponge is soft in 2.0mm?,maybe this is a good way to get a soft sponge


Place a dry and clean cloth on both sides of the rubber. Try ironing it to warm it (I think it is best on to iron the pip side) and use some Acetone if the glue won't loose the grip. Just peel it off, usually it is no problem to do this.
Or just order a soft sponge in what thickness you like from Eacheng or any other shop that sells sponges ;)
This is pretty good: http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=1190

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dawei 388c-1 sponge
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 11:43 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 25 May 2008, 04:35
Posts: 550
Location: puero rico
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Def-attack wrote:
bbkon wrote:
hI i m planning to buy dawei 388c-1 since i know it has a soft sponge and i want to buy in 2.0mm version so i can remove the sponge, is it easy to remove? (at least 1.0mm is easily removed )and can someone confirm the sponge is soft in 2.0mm?,maybe this is a good way to get a soft sponge


Place a dry and clean cloth on both sides of the rubber. Try ironing it to warm it (I think it is best on to iron the pip side) and use some Acetone if the glue won't loose the grip. Just peel it off, usually it is no problem to do this.
Or just order a soft sponge in what thickness you like from Eacheng or any other shop that sells sponges ;)
This is pretty good: http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=1190


i know that but the modern rubber are glued with some stuff i cant deal with, i ve tried with yinhe pips and i couldnt remove the sponge, the old pips like dawei just need some solvent and presto, i ve tried to remove palio sponge from flyin dragon with no avail.


do you kn ow where i can get soft sponge in 2.0-2.2mm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dawei 388c-1 sponge
PostPosted: 16 Oct 2013, 00:18 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 3522
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 524 times
Been thanked: 297 times
Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Xiom Omega V Pro
BH: Dr N Bison+ 1,8 mm
bbkon wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
bbkon wrote:
hI i m planning to buy dawei 388c-1 since i know it has a soft sponge and i want to buy in 2.0mm version so i can remove the sponge, is it easy to remove? (at least 1.0mm is easily removed )and can someone confirm the sponge is soft in 2.0mm?,maybe this is a good way to get a soft sponge


Place a dry and clean cloth on both sides of the rubber. Try ironing it to warm it (I think it is best on to iron the pip side) and use some Acetone if the glue won't loose the grip. Just peel it off, usually it is no problem to do this.
Or just order a soft sponge in what thickness you like from Eacheng or any other shop that sells sponges ;)
This is pretty good: http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=1190


i know that but the modern rubber are glued with some stuff i cant deal with, i ve tried with yinhe pips and i couldnt remove the sponge, the old pips like dawei just need some solvent and presto, i ve tried to remove palio sponge from flyin dragon with no avail.


do you kn ow where i can get soft sponge in 2.0-2.2mm


This comes in hardness 30-35, fairly soft. Available in both 2,0 and 2,0 mm (and all the way down to 0,5 mm). http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=1190
Oterwise look here: http://www.colestt.com/sponges.php

_________________
My blog: Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack | Serving techniques and strategy section


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dawei 388c-1 sponge
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2013, 17:33 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 01:37
Posts: 1665
Location: Netherlands
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 191 times
There are several webshops sell sponges. Japsko.com en especially ttdd.de sell good sponges of various kinds and thicknesses.

_________________
Without opponent, no match.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: