OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nittaku Pimplemini
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2013, 22:13 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Just wanted to say that TableTennis11 are sending me a brand new rubber totally free of charge.

They were supposed to send the 1.5mm but instead I received the 1.8mm and its sponge was actually closer to 2.1mm thick!

I've now asked for the 1.0mm version to be sent to me instead. As such I'll be giving this rubber another go in the near future.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2013, 22:33 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
dunc wrote:
I've now asked for the 1.0mm version to be sent to me instead. As such I'll be giving this rubber another go in the near future.

You're hoping that one will be about 1.5mm? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2013, 22:34 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

haggisv wrote:
dunc wrote:

You're hoping that one will be about 1.5mm? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's pretty much what I said to the guy from TT11 when he asked "are you sure you want 1.0mm?", yes because it'll probably be like 1.5mm!!!

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2013, 22:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Love it! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2013, 00:14 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I'm having a break from TT for a couple of weeks now. Then I'll continue on with this rubber but I'll also test the TSP P3 alpha r.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2014, 07:52 

My style is like ai fukuhara. at least I am trying to hit through almost every thing on backhand. I am playing with TSP Millitall II (1-1.3) and its a good rubber for this style, you cannot hit consistently with it though. After reading this page I want to give Nittaku Pimplemini a try. What sponge thinness do you guys think is appropriate for hitting style. 1mm, 1.3, or 1.6?

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2014, 02:18 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

You probably go for a thicker one but I think it'll still be a slow rubber. I'm still using my sheet, I did lose one match with it so far this year one week when I wasn't well. But I did win the local championships with it and should end up leading player for the year comfortably. I usually do with inverted anyway but I'm playing just as well and probably a little better than that with pimplemini.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2014, 03:18 

Thanks foam and congrats for your successful season so far. probably I will go with 1.6. I just wondered if I can hit 3 or 4 in a row in the backhand rally with pimplemini (in the match environment)? because some people believes it has more characteristics of long pips(LP) than short pips (SP). Although attacks with LP are meaner, I could not hit with long pip (even curl p2) consistently. TSP Millitall II (1-1.3) is fine I can go in a rally but the the speed is not there, and the attacking balls are not funky and dead enough to win a point (especially when you play 1800+ player). however the reason i want to change the Millitall is that after 3 or 4 shots usually ball go off the table. I don't know if I will have the same problem with pimplemini or not?

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2014, 20:02 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Pimplemini has considerably less natural reversal than P2 and so is much easier to use. You can still make the ball have reversal if you think about what you are doing but yes its pretty user friendly and you can hit with it. I think using it like a non grippy short pip works well. Ie topspin one then flat hit almost always results in the flat hit being netted.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2014, 08:53 

Just out of curiosity,is there any other SP or MP with same property?I mean,those that can Attack well and attacks hard to block(because attacking balls are mostly dead). I have heard dr neubauer pistol and diamant have the same property.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2014, 09:14 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Yeah Pimplemini is really easy to attack with but getting your opponents to net the ball will require two different strokes as foam says. Play a "topspin backhand" as you would with a spinny SP or inverted rubber, then play a punch. It'll still have the same SP spin-killing effect.

[Other gear I've used]

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2014, 11:53 

Thanks Dunc. BTW I thinks you tried both 1.6 and 1mm thickness. Do you also recommend thicker sponge? how much do I miss the SP effect with 1.6 comparing to 1mm one?

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2014, 13:18 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

It suits mehe thing is a normal medium pimple rubber has fat pips and a hard sponge. This gives them a bouncy nature. Pimplemini is really a narrow grippy long pip that has been shortened in pip height. Which kind of makes it more similar to a non-grippy short pip/ grippy long pip hybrid. Its also got a really soft sponge. I always thought p3alpha r would be similar but I haven't tried that one and reading about it, p3alpha probably has much more reversal than pimplemini.

A medium pips doesn't suit me because they are too fast. I play much better with a slow backhand rubber because it allows me so much more time on the forehand. Plus most other players these days can't generate much power these days unless they are being fed already fast balls. So the more power I don't give them the better it is for when I attack.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2014, 18:08 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

mbarati wrote:
Thanks Dunc. BTW I thinks you tried both 1.6 and 1mm thickness. Do you also recommend thicker sponge? how much do I miss the SP effect with 1.6 comparing to 1mm one?

I'll have to get back to you on that one mbarati. Back when I tried Pimplemini I wasn't really an experienced user of SPs but I have a much greater awareness of the shots and effects now that I've played a full league season with SP on my backhand.

I'll try the 1mm for you this week (Fri or Sat) in comparison to the thicker sponge. By the way, the "1.6mm" was more like 2.1mm when you measured it with a ruler...!

[Other gear I've used]

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2014, 23:35 

Thanks dunc. I really appreciate it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next