OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: 755-2 revisited
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2014, 06:38 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
About a year ago I purchased a red sheet of 755-2 0.8. At the time my chopping stroke wasn't that strong. I naturally attacked well with long pips and my side swipe and push block were suspect... I currently use hellfire ox. completely different from 755-2.

Yesterday I was pretty bored and was looking through my bucket of lost pips. With all the talk of pimplemini I was trying to find a sheet of militall 2. I found 755-2 cut perfectly for my current blade. I glued it up to see what I could do.

Chopping against the robot at varying spin and speeds was fairly easy. I'm not sure how much spin it produced but the chops were low and fairly quick.
Countering vs topspin was super easy. blocking with a slightly higher angle than inverted was also easy. A forward movement as if adding topspin with inverted produced deadish blocks that were easy to control and place. Chop blocks were not as easy but with an active wrist were potent. Without an active wrist it wasn't easy to keep low.
I could use an inverted loop stroke and the soft pips allowed the ball to go back easily.

Vs backspin I could loop like vs chop.
I could pushblock easily and sideswipes seemed to also work.

I suspect none of these shots will be super potent other than flat hits, but that's fine at my level.
I will go on to try it at the club next Tuesday. Also I'm tempted to try pimplemini 1.0.
I have found that even with long pips I have more success with my current more offensive blade.
The throw is lower than my more flexible defensive blades (other than my defense 2). The smaller blade is easy to maneuver and twiddle.

A couple years ago when I was actively blogging it was suggested to me to try a medium pip or go back to inverted if I couldn't develop a better chop. After using sponged lp, short pips, and ox lp 755-2 seems most controllable. IF it doesn't work out I still really like hellfire ox and it seems to get better the more times I transplant the sheet.

Post subject: Re: 755-2 revisited
PostPosted: 09 Jan 2014, 23:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
To me 755-2 is a long pip and plays like a long pip-manufacturer/seller description not with standing. I think its a really good LP and worked well for me when I played with LP. It was not like any medium pip I have tried over the years.