OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Palio wp1013
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 20:08 
Super User

Ive been using wp1013 for sometime now but im sure the new version is not as effective thsn the old version although durability has greatly improved. Im now looking to change rubbers. I cant master long pips so medium pips seem to be the best as i want to have good control be able to hit, block and also have a rubber that will confuse my opponents (reversal or disruptive). All close to the table. I have two balsa blades one being Dr N bulldozer and the other gd kriss combination. I play with pips on forehand. I have spent hours on the forums and just cannot make up my mind. Can anyone please help

Post subject: Re: Palio wp1013
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014, 04:46 

hi

I also using palio wp 1013 on my forehand and LP on backhand (Sword Scyla) for a couple of month now, after a couple of try and error.. I found out 1.8 sponge is OK for my playing style.. rolling over/block/chop and smash, but there are extra trick which is work for me.. the original sponge need to be separated from topsheet first then reglue it back. when it is done, rubber combination will be slightly slower and feel not so hard/dead and much more controllable during spin/flick smash.

I also try the rubber with 1.5 sponge, but is not deadly and destructive as 1.8 with sponge removed/reglue. I also using Combination blade with Balsa at my forehand side.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014, 04:52 
Hard Justice

Yinhe Pluto in OX is pretty decent for hitting while giving more control on blocks and chops than SP. It's not as good at hitting as an SP and not as disruptive or fantastic on defense as an LP, but it could be more of the catch-all you're looking for.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014, 07:05 
Super User

Thanks samsonopp some great advice. What glue would you use. I have the gd kriss combination blade would you put it on the off or def side or would it be better on the bulldozer all balsa blade?

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2014, 08:04 
Super User

Also i have just practiced on a few old palio 1013 trying to separate the sponge and top sheet but finding it very difficult any tips?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2014, 00:25 

TTnightmare wrote:
Thanks samsonopp some great advice. What glue would you use. I have the gd kriss combination blade would you put it on the off or def side or would it be better on the bulldozer all balsa blade?

current I use water based clue (xiom/andro). with my current combination blade I put WP1013 on offensive side

in order to separate the sponge and topsheet of WP1013. an Electric Iron and wet towel will do.
just put the wet towel on the sponge side of WP1013 and heat it up with iron start from the edge of the WP1013, once it was slightly heat up slowly try to peal the edge of the rubber. the heat will make the topsheet separated from the sponge.

:rock:

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2014, 05:58 
Super User

Thank you very much Samsonopp you have been very helpful. Cant wait to try it and i'll let you know. In fact im going to try your suggestion on both blades with the palio on the offensive side on the combination blade

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2014, 06:13 
Super User

Well i had a good practice with the reglued rubbers and the 1.8 didnt trouble my practicing partners. However, the palio in the offensive combi blade in 1.5 worked a treat. Im wondering if regluing the 1.5 would make a difference?

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2014, 16:22 

TTnightmare wrote:
Well i had a good practice with the reglued rubbers and the 1.8 didnt trouble my practicing partners. However, the palio in the offensive combi blade in 1.5 worked a treat. Im wondering if regluing the 1.5 would make a difference?

I personally think by removing the factory attached topsheet/sponge and reglue with water based glue it will reduce the tension effect of the rubber therefore it will slightly slower and having more dwell time during smash/flick

i'm not sure the give direct answer for your question.. since the setup is also depend on the blade properties and characteristic, but if you think the current setup suit your playing style and you are happy with that then i think you should stick with that setup.. if but if not.. then your journey toward darkside :devil: still not end.. :rock:

always remember.. practice make perfect :) :)

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 18:16 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I just bought a sheet of red Palio EP1013 1,5 mm (the new version). I will have a first go tonight.
This is what it looks like compared to Spectol and RITC 799:
Attachment:
Spectol-799-Palio WP top [Max bredd 2400 Max höjd 1800].jpg
Spectol-799-Palio WP top [Max bredd 2400 Max höjd 1800].jpg [ 718.45 KiB | Viewed 7218 times ]

Attachment:
Spectol-799-Palio WP side [Max bredd 2400 Max höjd 1800].jpg
Spectol-799-Palio WP side [Max bredd 2400 Max höjd 1800].jpg [ 675.88 KiB | Viewed 7218 times ]

Pips on Palio are very rough (small craters and many of them per pip) compared to Spectol, and they are rather grippy. When bouncing the ball it feels slower than Spectol. Sponge is rather firm, not as soft as Spectol's, more like the original on 799, but a little more flexable. I am really looking forward to try this :-)

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 18:20 
Super User

:-P :-P I bet you can't wait to give them a try :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 18:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

TTbuddy wrote:
:-P :-P I bet you can't wait to give them a try :lol:

I glued it to my old Joo-blade with a new H3-50 soft on the other side. Then I glued the 1.5 mm 799 to my spare Joo-blade with a Victas VS 401 on the other side. Will compare to my VKM with 1.5 mm Spectol and H3-50 medium soft. I also have a spare VKM with VS 401 attached (and Agenda ox on the other side), might try the Palio on that blade. I am a little worried that my Joo-setup will be a little too heavy.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2015, 06:48 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Palio is great for an offensive-like game with lots of disturbing strokes that you normally would do with an LP and miss at least half of them - but you don't miss that many with this rubber. On my slow flexable blade VKM it felt controllable and I could control opponents speed and spin. On a flat hit it is rather fast with its quite firm sponge. Also it has some spin reversal on low impact that will vonfuse your opponent. And you can attack with it, even from a little distance. You can chop safely with it from distance but that is not the main path to choose with this rubber since it is difficult to get yout chops loades with spin - most of he mare spinless. Also the rubber tends to be a little fast when chopping (depending on how mmuch you engage the sponge). Some revrsal on choppkng but most chops are rather dead. So chop one and then get back toghe table and kill the return with a vicious block or a FH attack :)

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2017, 23:13 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
I've got 2 WP1013 so far, 1.5mm and 1.8mm. The 1.5mm had a white (or at least whitish) very soft sponge and the 1.8mm has a mauve 36-38’ GP-sponge like the one under my CJ8000. This one is more heavy, but both play great albeit quite different. Both serve the purpose of allround with quite some disruptiveness.

Since I'm not in for customizing the sponge (yet) I'd like to know if these is the common sponge for 1.5mm or respectively 1.8mm.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!