OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: from LP to MP?
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2014, 05:03 

Hi, I'm playing from many years with LP in OX on my backhand. versus topspin I normally block with the pimples but versus other strokes I search immediately with the pimples to attack very hard. Result: a lot of errors and at the end I lost the match. :n: So now I think to use a medium pimples. It's correct? :?: Your suggest? always in OX? and which MP for me? Many thanks to all. :)

Post subject: Re: from LP to MP?
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2014, 06:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
The journey from OX LP to MP is not a easy one.

Before you abandon your OX LP I recommend you try an LP that is particularly good at attacking: Sanwei CODE OX. Available for $5.99 at www.eacheng.net. Attach with a glue sheet for a more stable and predictable hitting LP.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2014, 07:22 

maxpong wrote:
Hi, I'm playing from many years with LP in OX on my backhand. versus topspin I normally block with the pimples but versus other strokes I search immediately with the pimples to attack very hard. Result: a lot of errors and at the end I lost the match. :n: So now I think to use a medium pimples. It's correct? :?: Your suggest? always in OX? and which MP for me? Many thanks to all. :)

Aloha, Maxpong, I've tried the 755 OX, the DHS C-8 (1.0 mm), and finally the KTL Stranger Attack 1.2 mm long pimples. Don't have much experience with a lot of LP and once I find a rubber that suits me, I rarely look for alternatives. Having played with inverted for more than 10 years (2-winged looper) and switched to LP a year ago, I would say from experience that this is the closest that LP will get to inverted. Pushing and flicks are easy, topspin, and loop (well, a loop stroke that is), blocking topspin, and loop drive (nearly closed angle). I'm not a chopper so I can't speak about that. I play long pips on my BH aggressively just like inverted and I love it. Another sponged LP I tried is the Butterfly Feing AG which is similar but is 3x more expensive than the Stranger Attack. In addition, my latest research found the TSP Curl P/H (with sponge) to be great for my style of play. Will give this a try the next time I order LP. Good luck

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2014, 18:19 

thank you. I play always without sponge. So I think to buy a sanwei code ox. A question to Nathanso: are there some videos training with the sanwei code ox? Help me please.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2014, 20:53 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
DHS C7 is also an MP that is close to LP (some call it MP, some call it LP). Its good for attacking. I play Ox LP, but used this with 0.5 sponge. I think if you are going to attack a lot, a little sponge can help.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2014, 23:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
maxpong wrote:
thank you. I play always without sponge. So I think to buy a sanwei code ox. A question to Nathanso: are there some videos training with the sanwei code ox? Help me please.
The Dr Neubauer DVD is the best for showing what's possible for offensive LP.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2014, 01:27 

Have you considered, switching to a Sponged LP? Would help with the attack I Would assume without too much of a radical change or adjustment to your existing game.

Experimental Blade : Victas Koji Matushista Def : TSP Curl P1r LP .6 sponge : Giant Dragon Submarine Chop

My Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=25085

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 02:23 

nathanso wrote:

Before you abandon your OX LP I recommend Paris airport limousine service you try an LP that is particularly good at attacking: Sanwei CODE OX. Available for $5.99 at http://www.eacheng.net. Attach with a glue sheet for a more stable and predictable hitting LP.

I am agree to your judgment.The journey from OX LP to MP is not easy one. But your suggetion is helpful. thanks

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 03:12 

kolmae wrote:
nathanso wrote:

Before you abandon your OX LP I recommend Paris airport limousine service you try an LP that is particularly good at attacking: Sanwei CODE OX. Available for $5.99 at http://www.eacheng.net. Attach with a glue sheet for a more stable and predictable hitting LP.

I am agree to your judgment.The journey from OX LP to MP is not easy one. But your suggetion is helpful. thanks

I kinda disagree. I went from Dornenglanz OX to Lion Rebirth with a 0.6 mm Goldway sponge. The transition wasn't difficult at all, almost completely painless. :)