OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2008, 05:25 
VaMP-ire Killer

so I returned to muy club after a couple week break thanks to food poisoning and a visit from my GF to find an old man from the club with a new setup. He originaly had 729FX on both sides but due to aches and pains caused from age, he has to change his style, so he turns up with this brand new, made 24 hours ago bat, on the black (yes, the black) 755 long pips, on the red, geospin tacky, when I first saw the pips I thought "great, at last I can do a mid vs long game" then he showed me the geospin "oh god"

of course, pips on the BH, bu before we started kocking up, he showed me something quite bizzar, he droped a ball onto both sides of the bat, on the geospin, the ball bounced lower then the leagal server requirement, basicly non bounce, on the pips, it bounced like he put the ball against wood, this was not looking good, he had one of the spinnyest rubbers around, and a long pip that had the power of killing

pips to pips was very interesting, imagine short vs long but the spin from the short being not much, still, it was fun

best of 3, lost in 2, 1st game not even close. 2nd game, lost after 10-10

it was bad, his serves were lethal, and this is from a guy who i hae no problem with his serves, and his return to my serve, well, maybe I wasnt agressive enough caus I couldnt convert from my 3rd ball

I tried again, lost in 2, again, 10-10 both times, anoying

the only bit of fun we had was when we teamed up for doubles, a mid pip and long pip combo against one of the leagues best and a guy with an off angle handled bat with some interesting serves, when I play with my pips, most points do come off me, but have both players with pips and lets just put it like this: best of 5, we won in 5, and they strugled

so at the end of the day, i was hit hard, usally we have close games, but now, im struggling, but boy what a combo. I know the friendship range have some great rubbers, but no mid pips (dammit TT world, make more mid pips!) although the rubbers are interesting from friendship, and their blades, I wont be changing mysetup, i dont think I would find anything that woulld be like my manga, also, i dont have much knowing of friendship blades, but I dont think they have a combo blade so theres no point

anyways, I have a small col but I dont care, this week, i'll get him :twisted: :twisted:

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2008, 17:09 
Super User

isnt friendship 563 a med pip?

blade BTY Photino ST/Palio HengDa #1 ST, fh Palio Macro ERA 42deg MAX, bh Palio CK531A OX

TT Armory, N. America Palio distributor. Macro ERA Tensor, Biotech rubbers, and more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2008, 17:27 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes it is..., and even the 799 is almost a medium pip...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2008, 18:10 
VaMP-ire Killer

lol erm yeah, after i mde the post, i went to browse the shop and found a couple of friendsip mid pips :oops:

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2008, 05:25 
Super User

From what you've said, I think you did pretty well to get up to 10-10 on three out of four games against him.

I guess he must have spent quite a lot of money on his set-up?

Visit my table tennis blog now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2008, 12:34 
A Beautiful Brain

Actually Fishy, that combination is very cheap to place on any blade.

Geospin @ 8.30 pounds
and 755 @ 6.90 pounds, or if you use OX (no sponge) it is only 4.60...

So...the blade he already had and his rubbers would have cost him about 28 pounds for the rubbers including post if he had got the rubbers from Alex at OOAKT

I have a friend who uses 755 .6 mm sponge on one side and Bryce 2.00 mm sponge on the other and he is developing a great flip smash with the 755, and he can pick that up easily from below net height...

He also hits drop shots with the 755 that unless you are very careful its easy to hit it straight into the net...Using a spinny rubber on my backhand I continually put my returns into the net using standard strength push returns that would return a ball from a spinny rubber....so 755 is a tricky rubber and mixed with a rubber like Geospin, LKT Pro XT or Bryce or any spinny rubber, the combination would be deadly if it is used correctly...

fosss

foss

fishy wrote:
From what you've said, I think you did pretty well to get up to 10-10 on three out of four games against him.

I guess he must have spent quite a lot of money on his set-up?

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2008, 16:32 
Super User

Right. A bit of a nightmare, then.

Visit my table tennis blog now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2008, 18:10 
VaMP-ire Killer

fosssil wrote:
Actually Fishy, that combination is very cheap to place on any blade.

Geospin @ 8.30 pounds
and 755 @ 6.90 pounds, or if you use OX (no sponge) it is only 4.60...

So...the blade he already had and his rubbers would have cost him about 28 pounds for the rubbers including post if he had got the rubbers from Alex at OOAKT

I have a friend who uses 755 .6 mm sponge on one side and Bryce 2.00 mm sponge on the other and he is developing a great flip smash with the 755, and he can pick that up easily from below net height...

He also hits drop shots with the 755 that unless you are very careful its easy to hit it straight into the net...Using a spinny rubber on my backhand I continually put my returns into the net using standard strength push returns that would return a ball from a spinny rubber....so 755 is a tricky rubber and mixed with a rubber like Geospin, LKT Pro XT or Bryce or any spinny rubber, the combination would be deadly if it is used correctly...

fosss

foss

deadly? DEADLY?! jesus this was his first night using the combo, he has never used pips in his life and his new serve made it even more worse, hell, i wasnt expecting him to twidle the blade on his first night and he did...caught me by suprise and i lost the point....

The thing is, when I had J-Pen, all i did was attack, attack, attack, now I have this combi SH. with j-pen, the only LP guy was fun to play against as I could kill him, with SH, im getting put onto my BH, which is my half longs, and as I still dont have a picture perfect loop (the loop is there, the speed and power aint there 45% of the time, I need propper coatching)

I need a method to beat him, I need a serve that could trick him and a method that would get him, caus atm, I have no chance getting those extra 2 points to win a game

help?

[oh btw, he never said where he got the rubbers, the blade was his on his old bat, I recon he got it from eachang, i dont know the right spelling or the website lol]

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2008, 00:46 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Skull you haven't given enough information about his game to let anyone here help you. What is the tricky serve he now has? How does he play his overall game and does he read spin well off the geotacky? Does he tend to take FH serves with the geo or the 755?

I would suggest a fast topspin/sidespin serve to his wide FH followed by a backspin/sidespin to the FH, assuming he faces up with the geo on his FH. Make the backspin serve as deep as you can, and obviously as low as you can. If he doesn't handle the spin on your serves on the geo you might be onto something. If he twiddles to the 755 on his FH for it, you know he has problems on the geo with spin. Unless he is a really good twiddler that can twiddle in an instant, then you have opportunity to play spin to the geo then. And either he plays it and may be susceptible to your spin, or he twiddles and you might get him in knots with the ball getting to him mid-twiddle.

I personally don't like the 755 as much as other LPs. Globe 979 and Neptune so far give me better results. Its not that 755 seems bad, just doesn't feel as good to play off as the other 2. I'm about to try C8 as well. That will be interesting.

Let us know if what I have suggested here helps or not, and if there is more info you can provide to help you some more.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.