OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Jun 2017, 20:17


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015, 21:44 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 27 Feb 2015, 19:49
Posts: 16
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Blade: DONIC WSUC
FH: Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH: Dr Neubauer Aggressor
Hi, i’m new on the forum here and i’m going to post a question about rubbers.
Question 1:
I’m looking for a medium pimple rubber which is good for:
- Attacking a chopped ball (ball with backspin)
- Deceptive if you Block with it (good sinking effect + deception)
- If you chop away from the table it gives some deception or reversal ( not as much as long pips of course, but ok for a medium pip)

Now I play with armstrong attack 3, 1.5 on backhand and i’m satisfied wit hit. Maybe there is a better one?

Question 2:
But I heard some good comments about dr Neubauer Killer and Dr Neubauer diamant (1.5mm)
Does anyone play with it ? Is Killer more a short pip or a medium ? Normally Diamant is a medium
- Are they durable ? (playing 2-3 times a week two houres, durable for a year ?)
- Attacking a chopped ball ?
- Deceptive on Block ? (sinking effect, wobbling)
- Bit of reversal on chops, if you are in defense ( not as much as long pips of course but ok for med pip)

Can anyone give me more info about it please, i'm not looking for a long pip but more for a medium pip with sponge (1.2 or 1.5).
Thx


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2015, 21:47 
Online
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2008, 06:47
Posts: 706
Location: Vienna
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Blade: MSP Revolution
BH: MSP Mega-Block 1.5
definitely try the killer, its had much more disruptive effect than the diamant

_________________
Blade: Der-Materialspezialist Revolution Backhand Der-Materialspezialist Mega-Block 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2015, 01:08 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3092
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 770 times
Been thanked: 338 times
BJ, welcome to the best pips forum in the world! :) I can't answer most of your questions like you already know, but I can say the Killer is a SP (=short pip), but close to a MP (=medium pip) and is pretty disruptive for a SP.

BJ also has a sexual meaning: might be useful if you ever are invited to have a title. :D ;)

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!

Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
Butterfly Tenergy 80 FX 1.9mm
TSP P1-R 1.5mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2015, 01:18 
Online
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2008, 06:47
Posts: 706
Location: Vienna
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Blade: MSP Revolution
BH: MSP Mega-Block 1.5
people disagree as to whether its a sp or mp, but its marketed as a mp and i would claim its closer to a mp than a sp. the version with the orange/brown sponge is more disruptive than the version with the pink sponge.

_________________
Blade: Der-Materialspezialist Revolution Backhand Der-Materialspezialist Mega-Block 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2015, 04:54 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3092
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 770 times
Been thanked: 338 times
AA wrote:
people disagree as to whether its a sp or mp, but its marketed as a mp and i would claim its closer to a mp than a sp. the version with the orange/brown sponge is more disruptive than the version with the pink sponge.


Does the sponge depend on the thickness you choose like the Neubauer Domination rubber?

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!

Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
Butterfly Tenergy 80 FX 1.9mm
TSP P1-R 1.5mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2015, 05:55 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2012, 10:37
Posts: 381
Location: Phoenix
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 43 times
Blade: DrN Matador
FH: DHS H3N
BH: DrN Bison 1.8
I played with Diamant for a long time before switching to anti on my bh. For me it was the best MP (I tested most of them) in terms of control and deception though I never tested the Killer because it came out after I swtiched to anti. The Diamant is also very durable. If you want to play with MP I would advice against going away from the table and chopping with it becausee you will essentially create a no-spin ball; I only ever chopped in "emergency" situations. MP is most effective when you play an active game at the table. It is easy to attack underspin and active blocks are very deceptive.

_________________
Equipment:
Dr. Neubauer Matador ST, FH: Nittaku DHS H3 Neo 2.1, BH: Dr. Neubauer Rhino 1.8


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2015, 04:51 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 27 Feb 2015, 19:49
Posts: 16
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Blade: DONIC WSUC
FH: Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH: Dr Neubauer Aggressor
Thx for the fast reviews.
Anyone else who used Diamant or Killer ?
Opinions ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2015, 06:22 
Online
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2008, 06:47
Posts: 706
Location: Vienna
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Blade: MSP Revolution
BH: MSP Mega-Block 1.5
Lorre wrote:

Does the sponge depend on the thickness you choose like the Neubauer Domination rubber?


no! it seems to depend on which sponges they currently have in stock

_________________
Blade: Der-Materialspezialist Revolution Backhand Der-Materialspezialist Mega-Block 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2015, 07:57 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3092
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 770 times
Been thanked: 338 times
AA wrote:
no! it seems to depend on which sponges they currently have in stock


That's quite random. :n: They are expensive, so I don't find that appropiate.

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!

Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
Butterfly Tenergy 80 FX 1.9mm
TSP P1-R 1.5mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 02:16 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Joined: 03 Feb 2007, 12:32
Posts: 1450
Location: USA
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 19 times
BJ20 wrote:
Hi, i’m new on the forum here and i’m going to post a question about rubbers.
Question 1:
I’m looking for a medium pimple rubber which is good for:
- Attacking a chopped ball (ball with backspin)
- Deceptive if you Block with it (good sinking effect + deception)
- If you chop away from the table it gives some deception or reversal ( not as much as long pips of course, but ok for a medium pip)

Now I play with armstrong attack 3, 1.5 on backhand and i’m satisfied wit hit. Maybe there is a better one?

Question 2:
But I heard some good comments about dr Neubauer Killer and Dr Neubauer diamant (1.5mm)
Does anyone play with it ? Is Killer more a short pip or a medium ? Normally Diamant is a medium
- Are they durable ? (playing 2-3 times a week two houres, durable for a year ?)
- Attacking a chopped ball ?
- Deceptive on Block ? (sinking effect, wobbling)
- Bit of reversal on chops, if you are in defense ( not as much as long pips of course but ok for med pip)

Can anyone give me more info about it please, i'm not looking for a long pip but more for a medium pip with sponge (1.2 or 1.5).
Thx


Just started with Killer 1.5 had been using Attack 3 1.3 and the Killer seems a little faster, a little more deception on blocks, but not as easy to roll or topspin with compared to the Attack 3.

Killer's topsheet is harder, but the sponge is softer than the Attack 3, so you may or may not like it on your current blade. Don't know about Killer's durability but it is more than twice the price of Attack 3.

_________________
-- Andrew

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
Armstrong Attack 3L 40 1.8 red
Nittaku Nodias 1.8 black

Jack Miller custom Kevlar/carbon Chinese style penhold
TSP Spectol Blue 43 hardness 1.5 red
Air Scirocco SN 1.8 black


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: