OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2016, 04:59 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

How are you finding the Keiler?

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2016, 13:35 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Robot Blocker wrote:
How are you finding the Keiler?

I've been testing 1.5mm Keiler. It seems to be about as spinny as 563 or a little less than 802. No real reversal at all on the blocks/hits, so you don't float too many off the table. It does 'kill' the spin quite a bit depending on how you contact the ball, so very rarely you get a "wtf was that!" kind of shot. Aside from that unintentional once off, it seems fairly linear. Now granted, a "wtf" shot to me is just a technique problem. If you practiced enough with the keiler, I'm sure you could learn how to consistently produce those hits. My point is, it's not as spinless/unpredictable as Dr. N Killer, so coming from inverted/sp won't be a huge deal. No more than 563 would be. It does have enough 'funk' to where your opponent, after a number of missed hits, would look down at his paddle to wonder what was going on. Nothing like LP though, where the first return is going to send them into a tizzy fit. Keiler is a much more subtle assassin (with a duller blade, deception wise)!

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2017, 18:28 

Blade: btf primorac carbon
FH: xiom omega iv pro
BH: hellcat Der M
rokphish2 wrote:
So far I'm liking Pluto on 0.8mm compared Dawei 388C-1 0.8mm albeit with different sponge type. Will try them with same sponge later on to even out the playing field to determine the difference isn't further made cause the sponge. So far find the Pluto to be more disruptive, can spin and smash well too, hitting with it has that going down effect on the other player. The 388C-1 at times could be more disruptive but more often too plain and bouncy (probably due to sponge). Another good alternative would be Killer, but a lot more expensive. Played against it and thought it was good for blocking and hitting.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2017, 18:35 

Blade: btf primorac carbon
FH: xiom omega iv pro
BH: hellcat Der M
Hi, before this,im a long pips player,and now i change to med pips. My playing style is blocking,hitting and counter hit..and control. Which one the thickness sponge good for me? I want more disruptive and deception on med pips..

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2019, 05:25 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Having given up on Keiler as I find it just too inconsistent now trying out a new sheet of Dawei 388c1 1.5mm on my BH.

Initial impressions are quite good although it probably needs a bit of breaking in.

Not having a heavily boosted soft sponge like the Spinlord rubbers it is more linear and less bouncy so one has to be firmer in pushes e.g on returning short serves to avoid just dumping them in the net. Hitting is remarkably good not super fast but consistent, low bounce and accurate. Another plus over Keiler is chopping which is quite good with 388c1 the ball going low and deep. Blocking is fairly easy but not particularly dangerous although short dead blocks are possible with a soft touch.

Initial thoughts are it is a good all-round rubber for controlled BH play and I will give it a few weeks to know it better. Reckon it will last a lot longer than Keiler due to the more classic sponge and high quality pips.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2019, 05:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Giant Dragon 612-had a very brief try on the f/h -wobbles all over and is worth a try .didnt give it anytime really as im happy with my current set up.worth a try if you can get it cheap.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2019, 05:49 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
go see a summary chart in the ¨new Medium pips list charateristics-Help us to create a list ¨ forum. It may help you. It llok quite acurate and a general trend tend to show the strong and weak points of many MP.

On my part, Agressor is amongs MP the most annoying with KO also. Agressor is to be find a bit difficult to control but some succeeed very well. See on You tube.

It's difficult to try many rubbers withour spending only few hours with it and really say it fit or not. Really decide what you want and then choose. Controled, fast and disturbing rubber are caracteristics that doesn't fit together. You have good control but no disturbance etc....

I might also say that at some point you have to look for the thickness of the sponge for a MP that is ok for you but missing something. If it miss disturbance than smaller Sponge or OX , if its the speed, thicker sponge, Also the blade component is playing a good role. I played agressor and PP and they are both quite fast. I changed from Victas offensive to a phenomenon Neubauer Blade ( def Off balde to an all around blade. The control went very high. The speed got reduced but still can attack very well at my level with it and can really do variation on the spin and speed that create problem for the opponents. I,m having different thickness of sponge with the same blade and MP depending who i'm playing. It work well.

You have to play your rating also . Having professionnal blade will not make you a pro. On the opposite it can send you in the flowers !!!!

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2022, 15:25 

Blade: Donic Dotec Impuls
FH: Glayzer 09C 1.9mm
BH: Diabolic Special
Give Spinlord Gepard a try, great for blocking and flat hitting, though I had trouble keeping it on the table it was so fast. Great disruptive effects if you can control it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKoA-axWrz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loL8CfsEUIs