OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Nittaku SUPER DO KNUCKLE
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2017, 12:13 

Blade: Kazak DS
FH: Rasanter R48 (2.0) red
BH: Grass D.TecS (0.5) black
Nittaku SUPER DO KNUCKLE - anyone used?

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2017, 01:44 
Super User

TT11 has this on sale this week. I am itching......

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2017, 05:55 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
fazer227 wrote:
TT11 has this on sale this week. I am itching......

Me too... and... from Contra.de... Del-Materialspezialist extra-long

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2017, 18:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

isean wrote:

Hashimoto Honoka.

https://tabletennis.guide/profile.php?n ... oto-133000

:lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2017, 09:19 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Just got this little baby in OX and gave it a very successful test run!

My comments from the other thread:

It does basically what the name says, and returns a usually dead ball or with slight reversal one way or the other -- you can also do active strokes to change the spin a little, but not much. Has less grip than feint long or p1-r curl for example. Much faster though.

-----

I wasn't winning very many points from reversal at all with previous anti-spin/LP rubbers, so I kept found myself drifting back to the medium pips. You don't have enough grip to really be affected by incoming spin all that much. However, it's far from the braindead 'hold yo bat out' blocking style of some anti/LPs. It plays closer to butterfly super anti, only without any dampening attributes. My points were being won by placement and speed, along with the deadball or low spin ball throwing people off. I think it works wonderfully, as they are forced to move and readjust their stroke mid-movement. Most struggle with that concept, since none of us are professionals with hours of practice...

On soft touches of low speed balls, there is a decent bit of reversal. This can be tested by doing a back spin up in the air, twiddling, and letting the ball fall onto the super do knuckle side. The spin will "continue" or that is, maintain back spin. Against harder hits, strangely enough, the spin reversal seems worse... Testing with balls from my robot, the heavy top spin balls that I blocked were returned rather dead or with a bit of back spin. Nothing like LP or anti though, where they continue to roll back to me with tons of back spin after being blocked.

So all in all, I'd say SDK in OX plays quite similar to somewhat grippy long pips -- only you don't have to account for any pip bending on hits or strokes, so my error rate went down as well. Handy when using the block/hit mentality. Excellent for short stop blocks as well. I love doing the double or triple bounce blocks on the table :lol: The techniques require a bit of a change when coming from long pips. You're not able to keep the bat straight up and down open for the heavier spin shots or serves. On the plus side, if you angle the blade right, you can essentially hit through any spin. If that is your style, then these are certainly worth a try! A deadly stroke I've been working on is the push-hit. Where it looks like you're pushing, but you hit very abruptly into the ball which sends back a dead/light topspin ball at a FAST pace! A troublesome shot that can be angled with ease, especially good against backspin serves.

Chop blocks very well too. I think it does better with faster chop blocks, returning the ball with a bit of back spin and lots of speed. My shots were more like punch blocks with added spin. knuckle doesn't pass through as much spin, so you may not be able to rely on reversal as you would with lp.Meaning it can do short chop blocks with decent spin, yet not as heavy as lp would allow. Against no spin the knuckle can impart more however.

Black OX used on a firewall plus blade

Guess wise, I would imagine the spin reversal aspect reduce as the sponge thickness increases as always.

** Playing with it a bit more -- this rubber is VERY hard to control when compared to virtually any other sort. I should say it requires a different technique from others as well. It blocks back no spin balls, so your margin for error is quite small. With LP, you have reversal to slow down the ball and help bring it onto the table. With short pips/inverted, you have top spin to help bring it down and control the ball. The knuckle ball no spin... has nothing to assist in landing on the table!

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017, 08:31 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
A little update on this baby...

Passive blocking against top spin is a bit one-trick pony-ish. No matter how much spin is thrown at you, it returns roughly the same amount each time. There is no increasing reversal effect. There is nothing going back at them that would force a push, for example. With long pips or slick anti, there comes a point after a few loops where the attacker feels forced to reset the rally by pushing. This doesn't happen with super knuckle. Meaning, loopers will learn how much is coming back at them and dial it in - if you do passive blocks. This can changed up by doing a chop block to add more back spin now and again.

But if you enjoy standing there at the table and blocking back balls, without using much movement, then it seems a bit more predictable than slicker long pips in general.

On the plus side, it can attack low or no spin balls better than slick long pips. Serve returns require a bit more thought.

All in all, I'm not sure I want to stay with this rubber... it appears to fit a very niche style of play. I feel that if you like reversal, then a slick long pip would be better, or if you like to be more aggressive with your LP and attack... then a more grippy offensive LP would be a better option.

Having said that, for me personally, I beat all the same people that I normally beat with LP. I just focused on using angles more often and adding a bit of speed to 'encourage' my opponents footwork be put into action!

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2020, 20:55 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
GeblockTT review of Super DO Knuckle: https://youtu.be/ZiCImR95h0k

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2020, 22:29 
Super User

What about long distance chopping with sponged version of Knuckle Do?

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2020, 04:17 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
Croudy wrote:
GeblockTT review of Super DO Knuckle: https://youtu.be/ZiCImR95h0k

Why did the review not cover any chopping? Quite strange as chopping is the typical use case of this rubber.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2020, 08:24 
Super User

Appears to be pretty good in attack too with effective sink and wobble (obvious from the video :devil: ) besides most reviews and general consensus on it being a chopping pip :o

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2020, 00:31 

I think these video reviews are useless.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2021, 11:41 

Blade: Matador
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Killer pro
isean wrote:

same as yasaka cobalt alpha use with hard bat. wobble effect when u open the serve or when block loop, topspin is difficult to block unless ur hnd registers right angle.
its a master in disguise rubber. if u love it others will hate it.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!