OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Feb 2018, 12:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2017, 14:46 

Blade: victas Matsushita off
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo
BH: Millitall II
millitall II was not working so bad for you. It look fluid. Your opponent was very frantic. As soon as you start to slow the game a bit with push, block and chop he started missing his ball. To anxious that guy !
We can see that the millitall had some of his own underspin at some point. IMO I found that you didn't attack to much with it. I think you prefere to twiddle the inverted side instead. The flat hit can be deadly for those opponent to trow them off pace.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2017, 16:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Xiom Omega V Pro
BH: DMS Diabolic 1,6 mm
maddrag wrote:
millitall II was not working so bad for you. It look fluid. Your opponent was very frantic. As soon as you start to slow the game a bit with push, block and chop he started missing his ball. To anxious that guy !
We can see that the millitall had some of his own underspin at some point. IMO I found that you didn't attack to much with it. I think you prefere to twiddle the inverted side instead. The flat hit can be deadly for those opponent to trow them off pace.

Yes, I never got comfy attacking with it. A stiffer blade, more offensive would have been better for that.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2017, 05:03 

It is funny how everyone play differently. I was able to play strong counter with it ( against top spin)right at the bounce on a low position. The counter against Backspin was even easier. It just it was to slow. Maybe I can try a ticker sponge. So far I prefer my Agressor as it has a lot to offer IMO.

P.S defender-attack, I found a good femelle junior who start to play very well Laurenti Jamila. She's having an anti on the BH with inverted on FH. She's also twiddling. She's using it quite efficiently with short and long shot. Defense and some attacks with it. She's playing in the junior world championship on ITTV and you can find plenty of video on her. I Try to find her equipment but can't find it !

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2017, 14:51 

Blade: btf primorac carbon
FH: xiom omega iv pro
BH: hellcat Der M
Hi..how about comparison agressor and KO? I think KO most disruptive because the pips is soft.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2017, 00:11 

is anyone can help azuan as I don't know KO.

I ha d a 2 hours training with Shockwave yesterday morning. I wanted to know if paying with a MP that tend more toward an SP will be benefit fo me.

First I play with the agressor few minutes to have a fresh memory of how I play it and the reaction of the opponent toward it. I play with a very good player 2200 rating. A lot of top spin, can flat hit, loop and can defend too.

Best shot:
1- My bumps shot are very deadfull. toward his forehand,(from my right to left) very low,fast and skid on the table. For service return or attack against a float or backspin.
2- My service return is never affected by the opponent spin. It give a feeling of starting with confidence. Use bump, swap, pushes and chop block. I played last week against a chopper who use an Sp rubber that almost reacting like an anti and it was a breeze to return his chops. Just pock the ball slowly or faster to return the ball with dead ball very good topspin
3- Chop are deadly spinny. Can use it to attack on high ball.

Than I switch to shockwave.

Best shot:
1- The attack are like inverted. First I sent my attack outside and then closed the racket angle and start to hit correctly. Place right to left and can more the opponent to attack with my FH inverted rubber. I didn't have that feeling of dictating the exchange since I played with inverted rubber on my BH. As I gain weight since last year it was a bit of demanding physically. As I have to move more rapidly and precisely with this shot. My injured anckle didn't help eiher. I notice that hitting the ball from my left side, help hitting strongly as my body position with the right foot in front make a stronger contact and a bit flatter too. If I hit the ball more in front of me the ball just fly over the table.
2- strong pushes with my own backspin. Long,fast and difficult to bring bak without sending a high ball that I can attack. Too often the ball out as I didn't have the good angle.

P.S My bump are now to high with light topspin and not very dangerous. No chopblock that are dangerous. often go out of the table.

One difficult thing for me is to judge the speed and spin of the ooponent as the rubber is influence a bit by it. Too strong rections send the ball ourside of the table and too smooth I got an attack from the opponent. Too strong shop and I send the ball in the net.

On the ooposite the agressor is acting positively to a strong chop or or strong bump as the ball goes lower. The ball still reverse and stay to a low position on smoother shot. The difference between a strong and a smooth shot is not that big as the agressor ruber is not affected by the opponent spin. to summaryse I would say that the agressor can be play passively and actively without given high chance to be easily attack by the opponent. With the shockwave you have to be agressive or you will be killed.

Then I played the monday night chalenge at the club. I decide to play shockwave. The first game was ok but not more.miss to much shot. I can play my bh atack an dit was difficult to the oppponent, Won 3-2.
The next one is a looper. He served very shot with no spin. I start to restrein myself and play passively, Big mistake. He pass through me too easily with his loop. Never been able to unfroze myslef I was very angr at myself as I was not playing the ball correctly. Lost 3-2

Finaly I played the best player of the club. 500 pts over me. He's a big looper, good serves and vary all his shot. As he saw me playing badly to the other player I decided to play with the agressor. It tok me a game to recover my shot. Then my ball placement, bump and return serves were finding the table. He still won 3-0 but the last 2 games I served for the match and it was very close.

So I decide I will stay with the Agressor and practice my counter and block as I saw in many video.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018, 16:07 

Due to ankle injury I was not able to play. Now I'm back and went for a 3 hrs training with the agressor.

After reading a lot about this Mp and seen video I'm now convinced that it is a rubber for me.

It has the best of all: defense with a lot of reversal and all kind of shot and attack with counter and bumps with a low trajectory and reversal.

A very good aspect of it that I start to devellop is to change the speed of the ball at will. It is cover plenty in different sites. The long pips make you able to slow down the ball when played passively or more tangently. As the pips has big pips (2.1 diameter). It make you able to reduce the speed and spin of the ball. So you can play the opponent by making hesitating of what is the next shot that will come to him. Short and slow or long and fast ? A small angle change it all. More angle = slower. More perpendicular = direct impact = faster.

I really have a very good time to see the opponent going far from the table because I attacked him
and see him waiting for the next shot that never come because my attack with a bat with an angle just not go long as he thought. The same shot but different angle. Very deceptfull.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!