OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 23:35 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Ok thx for the reply Maddrag.

Found 1.5mm to fast sometimes
Hope that 1.3mm is what i need :rofl:
and that the ball goes more on the table than along the table.

thx

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 02:52 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
honestly I found the 1.3 fast enough. I succeed to hit flat shot and counter hit quite successfully. Hope you do too. Summe will start and its practice time so I can really focus on some shot and learn them just automatically. Sometime I can spend 3 hrs on one particular shot. Get balls then move withis shot then do strategy with it and then play matchs with it.

PostPosted: 09 May 2018, 23:12 
Super User

first summer practice. 3hrs. Basically to counter first. Than when to counter or defense with chop and finally to prepare to attack after serves.

Counter: a crunch stand just behind the ball. The blade is closing a bit while the ball is being hit and after the swing. The blade is pointing topward the front not to the side. The pimple being horizontally alligned is ball just feel to go between the pimples. More spin more closed it is. The racquet has to really to go forward almost horizontal. If I'm standing to upright I can't produce this shot and the blade is pointed sideway or more often toward the table. The I got got too much reversal and the ball hit the net. This is also due that my force is going too much down. Crunch stance make the force go a bit upright with a closed racket that keep the ball low. The result depend of the angle of the racket. Flat hit is fast and low giving a float usually. A closed hit with an upright move is making the ball goes into the pips and so the ball as a slower pace and short hit is produced. Surprise the opponant has the move is fast but the result is slow and short ball. At a quick exchange the ball has some reverse so it add more difficult to the opponant return.

Counter is very good against opponant who like to topspin at mid or far distance and hitting it when the ball goes down. I have more time to place my body correctly and the ball often being a low return make to spin again very difficult. It is also very good against push or chops. The reversal help there.

Against fast topspin near the table is better to defense with chop. Sometime a block with an upright stand with a closed blade pointing toward the table that is being pulled when it hit the ball.

To prepare an attak with my pips it is best when:

1- I attack on no spin ball or underspin. So it is to force the opponant to give you that kind of ball. So serve a short BH heavy underpin ball with your regular rubber an twiddle or do a short counter with your pips or a push.

To vary your shot is the main thing with this equipment.

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 04:06 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
More great feedback thanks

It looks like thisrapidly growing new generation of disruptive medium pips is going to make a big impact on TT at least at the amateur level.

Short pip users are struggling to be dangerous with the polyball other than just through flat out hitting and long pips users are also complaining about less reversal etc.

The great thing about these new generation medium pips is that they are so versatile being dangerous, disruptive, plenty fast and fairly spinny. I am learning how to use Keiler and the variety of active shots against both topspin and backspin is amazing. I am finding Keiler much less affected by spin than short pips but much better for positive play other than chopping than long pips.

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 04:21 
Super User

I agree. The thing is that we don't hear too much about it. The woman international players are using MP. The japanese ai fukuhara used a armstrong to her BH to change the pace of her offensive play. I read many years this same problem: I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CHOP AND ATTACK AGRESSIVELY. iS IT POSSIBLE ? ( yes with MP. )

Maybe we should start to do a list of Mp and get their caractéristics to classify them as ¨ more to SP side or LP side¨ Knowing good rating player with Mp will be good too. Maybe martinspin can help us with this.

What do you think ?

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 05:54 
Super User

Definitely to all. Plus start a medium pips technique sub forum.

Rubbers could be rated on a range of characteristics e.g. blocking, chopping, pushing, attacking back spin, , spin insensitivity, disruption, speed and of course control.

Keiler is at the short pips end so I am keen to try a longer pip MP, a bit slower and better for chopping but not bonkers disruptive, maybe KO.or millital

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 06:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
ChasFox wrote:
Definitely to all. Plus start a medium pips technique sub forum.

Rubbers could be rated on a range of characteristics e.g. blocking, chopping, pushing, attacking back spin, , spin insensitivity, disruption, speed and of course control.

Keiler is at the short pips end so I am keen to try a longer pip MP, a bit slower and better for chopping but not bonkers disruptive, maybe KO.or millital

Good idea on a new thread.
If you want more disruptive I would not try Millitall. KO is comming in a pro version with harder and faster sponge soon - that might be interesting. I ha just glued Power Pipes to my new Stiga offensive carbon, will have a few hits with it tomorrow. It looks promising I have to say :).

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 11:17 
Super User

Ok we will do that. We will put the result on a board on xl with different note on each rubber. I hope we will get plenty of players who play the same rubber so we a good tendance of the rubber. We will have to set what rubber will be accepted as the lenght of the pips or its diameter can be very different. I guess if you can attack and chop quite successfully it can go in. Mp are categorised by the lenght divided by its diameter. Exemple agressor have very long pimple that can put it with lp but the diameter are quite big and with the equation it is definitely an mp.

I guess if the rubber can do all with good acceptance it is an mp. The attack with good control will be important and chopping also..tell me what you think ?

PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 16:16 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
ChasFox wrote:
Definitely to all. Plus start a medium pips technique sub forum

Good idea on a new thread.
If you want more disruptive I would not try Millitall. KO is comming in a pro version with harder and faster sponge soon - that might be interesting. I ha just glued Power Pipes to my new Stiga offensive carbon, will have a few hits with it tomorrow. It looks promising I have to say :).

It will be interesting to know how those really long pips on power pipes make it play compared to say KO. I don't think you will be lacking speed with that blade! I am experimenting with much slower blades so that I get more control in the short game plus it means I have to hit harder so getting more pip effect and spin as the pips and sponge engage more. On a fast blade for my lower level of play I have found SP and MP too one dimensional.

PostPosted: 11 May 2018, 02:31 
Super User

Yes an other factor in the equation: the blade. I never been very interested with what blade should i play until now. My chinese coach said to change and get an all around blade to really devellop my striking. Then go upper level to get it faster. I'm playing with firewall plus from neubauer. Before with victas koji matsushita offensive blade ( defence) . 2 different blades. The result is different. One is 64 gram very soft and control with a lot of spin will ok speed and the other. 95 gram very stiff. Great speed and reversal. Good far from the table and good fast top spin for fh. Difficult to control near the table so ee need to know with what blade they play so we can can really evaluate.

PostPosted: 11 May 2018, 03:42 
Super User

Interesting that you are getting on well with Aggressor 1.3 on the firewall+
I bought one last year in a rash moment and am struggling to use it mainly due to a distinct lack of dwell with most rubbers I have tried. Ball pings off very fast at low impact giving poor control near the table. Keiler in 1.2mm is too fast for passive play.
Perhaps the Dr N claimed dampening effect of Aggressor at low impact is working to tame this trait on the F+. How are you finding it for passive play such as pushes over the table, soft blocks and service returns.

PostPosted: 11 May 2018, 23:01 
Super User

Do you have firewall plus as a blade ? It works well with the agressor. It's that one that are in the video on youtube for the agressor video.

Usually i don't push that much for the reason being that I bump or counter pushes or floating balls. It happen that i pushed pushes but I need to really push right after the rebound or it is a too high return with no spin so too easy to smash for good players. The pushes gives a low float, ligh or heavy topspin depending of the underspin of the opponnant short or long depending of the force I put on my shot. Peoples are more used to these shots compare to a rapid bumps. But I need to use it more to make more variation on my shots and less prediction. In the next practice I will do next week a 1hrs session just for that. I will let you know of the result.

-Return pushes with push horizontal pimples short and long
- push vertical pimples short and long
- sidepushes.
-return underspin serves vertical and horizontal and sidepush.
-return of long chop with push horizontal and vertical and side.

Last edited by maddrag on 12 May 2018, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11 May 2018, 23:52 
Super User

I forgot to tell you something very interesting.

The pimples alignment are vertical so the result is different if you spin the ball with the pimples being vertical or horizontal. If the bat is pointing toward the net, the ball tend to follow a bit more the pattern of an inverted rubber with faster pace. Underspin tend to go upright and float fast. Topspin tend to go fast low or high depending how closed your bat is. The pimples are not intervening that much. You will not feel the pimples working that much. Chopblock, chops, countering make smooth return.

When the bat is pointing to the side , the pimples are more intervening in the action ( horiozontal) and the pimples bent so it can accelerate the ball if the rotation is in the same direction of the ball or stop it if counter rotation wise. Flat position will just stop the ball if the force of the ball penetrate the pimples. So if i chop a light topspin or a float, the ball will be sent by the big pimples downward. So I make a lot of net. I need to open more the blade to be able to send it over the net. If a strong topspin is coming I can then do a very vertical agressive chop that rip the ball and it will maintain the flight of the ball very low with a lot of backspin. If i hit a backpin ball with a lot of force, the pimples will make the ball rotate more and good top spin can be made. The swing of the bat will go forward with a medium angle 45. The ball need to be hit wil rising or it will be more difficult to make a top spin and the ball goes into the net. Ball going donward need to be push or chop or counter with the bat pointing toward the table and the bat hitting the ball when the bat swing is a bit on the rise. A lot of different technique can be done and that what I like.

To give you a good comparaison of the effect of alignment of the pimples, I will compare it to a boat ( ball) that tend to reach a destination but wave ( pimples) against its direction are present. If the boat ( ball) try to go trought the wave there is a lot of friction between the boat and the wave. Difficult on the ascending phase of the wave (going agaisnt the wave)but easier on the descending phase (going with the wave) But if I go between the wave going more sideways of the waves/pimples the friction between the wave/pimples and the boat/ball will be less. ( hope you understand) You can find more data on alignment of small pimples also.

..........................................................l l .................................................................................==
------------------------> O l l HIGH FRICTION -----------------> O LOW FRICTION
..........................................................l l..................................................................................==
DIRECTION BALL PIMPLES VERTICAL DIRECTION BALL PIMPLES HORIZONTAL[/size]

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 04:13 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Thx Maddrag for the informations, really usefull. :)

I was wondering if Der Materialspezialist Revolution blade works
well with Aggressor 1.3. ?

Somebody ?

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 05:31 
Super User

what kind of blade is the revolution blade ? Fast and stiffer wood give more reversal and faster ball. Slower and smoother blade =more dwell time, more control and less speed but can give more spin.

For example, my masushita offensive defense blade was very stiff. Good reversal, fast but difficult to control. The firewall plus with Balsa give much more spin, more control and slower blade. It help for hitting the ball.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next