OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:47

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 22:39 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Hi guys,

I have used now 563 and Keiler med pips about 1-1,5mm sponge in my BH. Its quite fun to play with those. I still want to try some Mp or even LP that has better deception and reversing spin. I play quite near the table blockin , attackin sometimes choping. I think its allround game. I have inverted in my forehand. Can you recommend some MPor LP rubbers and which sponge should I try?

Best regards

Timo

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 23:11 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
563-1, Palio WP1013, Neubauer Aggressor and K.O., perhaps DMS Hellcat (not very deceptive, but perhaps equal to 563, not sure). Dawei 388C-1 could be interesting as well and perhaps Pluto (Yinhe?).

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2018, 05:21 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
curl ph in ox or thin sponge is good for that

but you're going down the slippery slope of wanting the best of both worlds... i made a thread about something similar quite awhile ago, and you really have to decide which element you most want in your game -- and sacrifice the others.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2018, 06:36 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
Nittaku Pimplemini, or TSP MilliTall II.

Not sure how to steer you, since you always give up something to get something else. I don't think there is a perfect medium pip. Ultimately the more advanced players I've played used whichever pip they had chosen well, usually this means they used the same thing for years.

Also check out ZeroPong, they have some new Medium and long pips available in their Gambler line, unfortunately I haven't played with them. As a plus they are reasonably priced, so it won't hurt to try them out.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2018, 06:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I have used numerous medium pips and none provided what we here call 'reversal' of spin. Nor are they deceptive as in producing wobbly balls.

But they are very good at driving the ball fast and nearly spinless which makes opponents misjudge the amount of bite the ball will get on their paddle, resulting in a return into the net.. or worse, onto their own side of the table! I reviewed the new Gambler GXM here recently. Imho, medium pips are the most difficult of the three pips-out rubber types to master so be prepared to invest many months building an effective technique.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2020, 00:10 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Yes medium Pips as I am learning requires an interesting blend of techniques drawing from both SP and fast LP.

Should be we start an MP techniques thread here or a sub Forum under the TT techniques section perhaps??

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2020, 10:44 

Blade: Cornilleau Foco Off
FH: Dr Nuebeuier Explosion
BH: Tibhar K1
I think you can try Nittaku Wallest 1.0 mm sponge.
It's a very intesting long pimples rubber.
Although it claimed its a defensive rubber but when you hit really hard it actually provide decent speed with some sinking effects.
When defensively, it could reuturn opponent spin ball efffortlessly, although it didn't have very high deception effect as comparing to Tibhar Grass D-TecS or other Dr. Nubueurs Long Pimples.

Alternatively, DHS C7 and C8 can be considering too. My friend who is JP penholder has been C7 for more than 2 years.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2020, 19:28 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
1dennistt wrote:
Nittaku Pimplemini, or TSP MilliTall II.

Not sure how to steer you, since you always give up something to get something else. I don't think there is a perfect medium pip. Ultimately the more advanced players I've played used whichever pip they had chosen well, usually this means they used the same thing for years.

Also check out ZeroPong, they have some new Medium and long pips available in their Gambler line, unfortunately I haven't played with them. As a plus they are reasonably priced, so it won't hurt to try them out.

These two were my favorites for chopping out of the medium pips I tried, but ultimately I went back to long pips as they suited my game better.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2020, 22:04 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
yes chopping is probably the weakest area of most MP rubbers the exception probably being Milital as it is relatively slow. Best technique against top spin is to block and counter-hit.