OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2020, 19:45 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
AGGRESSOR EVO

More aggressive, more disruptive

This new development in our AGGRESSOR rubber series enables to produce an even more aggressive and dynamic game with half-long pimples. AGGRESSOR EVO comes with a harder sponge and enables even stronger ball acceleration, especially while straight hitting.
Most of all this new half-long pimple rubber produces yet again more disruptive effect since the ball bounces very low.
This disruptive effect is not only obtained through counter-attacking and hitting but also while producing a slightly active blocking stroke, moving the bat slowly forward upon impact with the ball. This will produce a flat flying path and cause trouble to the opponent.

The best compromise between control and disruptive effect is obtained with thinner sponge thickness (1.3 and 1.5mm). The thicker versions with make the rubber faster, but also a bit less disruptive.

Category: Half-long pimples
Colours: red +black
Sponge: 1.3 + 1.5 + 1.8 + 2.0mm
Speed: 97
Spin: 80
Control: 92

I'm going to test it in 1.5 when it arrives.
I will make a comparison with normal Aggressor 1.5
Like I did with Aggressor and Aggressor Pro 1.5 (see topic Aggressor Pro)

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2020, 20:38 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Oh no not another Dr Neubauer rubber claiming greater speed and destructive capability than the previous version!

What I find strange here is that the aggressor EVO claims to have a harder sponge whilst the new killer EVO has a much softer sponge so a distinct lack of consistency in the naming convention.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2020, 23:05 

I just hope that it can give the same (very) low path and deception as normal Aggressor gave us.

Maybe it will have more gears:
more spring in the sponge when attacking, active blocking or attack backspin + more demping in situations like push, passive block and chop/chopblock.

We will see and try it out :D

Don't know what the result will be of the new sponge.
Only a good test can give a clear answer to that.

I play normal Aggressor 1.5 already a while and discovered the secrets inside of the rubber (what you can do with it / lots of various things: took a while to learn it...)
so i think i can make a good comparison with it (like I did with Aggressor Pro 1.5) ;)

Excited to test it 8)

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 01:47 
Super User

Enjoy when it arrives. I have sheet of Attack 3M to try now we are finally playing again, in my search
for a Keiler alternative

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 01:54 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
ChasFox wrote:
Enjoy when it arrives. I have sheet of Attack 3M to try now we are finally playing again, in my search
for a Keiler alternative

What's wrong with Keiler? I've never been much of a MP fan, but it seemed "fine". If I were going to use a MP I'd probably just go straight for 563 and be done with it.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2020, 18:05 
Super User

The sponge changed about 18 months ago on keiler and waran to something harder and less dynamic. I am still using an old sheet in 1.2mm with booster glue to keep it going. Still has the best balance between spin and disruption for aggressive counter hitting.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2020, 06:00 

Dr Neubauer Aggressor Evo 1.5 black review: 2 trainings + 1 matchday

A personnal review:

Speed:
Definitely faster then the Pro and Normal Aggressor
Very speedy rubber, you can kill your opponent only by the speed.
If you learn how to control it.

Blocks:
Passive:
Passive block is ok, speed is high when you block the ball, make sure you have the right angle.
Active:
Active blocks are very speedy, these blocks are direct points for you if you can land them on the table.
While producing a slightly slow active blocking stroke moving the bat slowly forward, it produces a flat flying path. Very disruptive thats true. :devil:

Attacking backspin:
Very easy to do due the speed of this rubber. Make sure you have a good wrist motion.
Good for opening up with the right technique of the Aggressor series.
Good attacking options in general. A lot of pressure for your opponent, but be alert to expect the ball back quickly because the path is low-med. But with good placement it can be very pressing / busy.

Chopping:
Is possible with a little bit of training, very soft feel. But not easy to control due the speed.
Backspin is average. You have more backspin in Normal and Pro Aggressor.

Deception:
Difficult to say what makes this rubber deceptive:
If you play a more passive game it is not very deceptive, pushing and passive blocks are not dangerous.
Is it the speed with the Med-low throw OR the deathly hits ? If you play this style it is very effective. :devil:

CONCLUSION: :punch:
Definitely a rubber for the active players:
The Aggressor Evo is a very speedy MP.
Counterattacking and hitting is the best thing to do with this rubber, your play can be very dangerous if you can control this rocket. 8)
I found that it had a softer feel compare to the other versions which you personnally can prefer or not.

I personally prefer the Normal or the Pro version, the speed was just to much for me.
But i enjoyed to play with it and had a chance to test it. Maybe if i dare the hit and counterattack it is something i can play, but those thing are not my style of play so i am better off with the normal version which has better control.
I keep it in my closet because i like it, I will use it again when I am in a very offensive day :rofl:
I play more allround (off / def) myself with my backhand.

Thx Doc Neubauer for this new rubber.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2020, 00:36 
Super User

Great feedback thanks BJ20

Sounds a bit too one dimensional for a medium pips rubber, where unless your style is totally flat out attack it is more useful have a rubber and blade combination that allows slowing down of the ball as well fast attack.

I find chopping with a medium or short pip is never easy near the table except with a short chop block style, which is why I am currently experimenting with all round premium 2 on a faster 1mm HRS sponge.