OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 06:43 

Blade: DHS PG2
FH: DHS Gold ARC 8
BH: 61 second Kangaroo
https://youtu.be/mQ7HIxuh-4k

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2019, 04:56 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
I have a sheet of this, but have only about 1.5 hours of play time with it. Chop is ok, block was easy to do, but easy to return, hitting was also possible. Nice all around qualities, not spectacularly good at any one thing, but able to do anything I asked of it. I wasn't able to lock down exactly how this would fit into my game, as it brings a lot of ability to the table, but no great strengths stand out. It's still on one of my backup Xiom blades, I may move it to a balsa blade and see how it's characteristics change, then maybe a nice all around blade after that.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2019, 05:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
This pip looked interesting until I saw a pic of it and its vertically-oriented pips..

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2019, 07:12 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
what is wrong with vertical pips ?

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2019, 07:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
maddrag wrote:
what is wrong with vertical pips ?
That orientation makes it hard for shakehanders to generate spin.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2019, 10:18 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
Can you be more precise. I play pp and it has vertical pips. I trained myself to hit like he zoughja. Her counterhit is a hit that has the bat pointing to the ceiling and finishing a bit closed. I understand that pips not in alignment with the ball direction make more a floating ball. But when you change the way you hit it work pretty well. In.fact it can confuse the opponent.

Ex: If I push the ball with the bat pointing to the side ( parallele to the net.) and if the pips are horizontal the ball can have reversal as it glide between the pips. With vertical it will hit the pips and stop the ball rotation a bit. So it create more of a float. But again if i do like a penholder and push in front of my body with the bat pointing toward the net then i will have reversal or depending of the density of the pips can get an underspin ball has it get more in contact with the sponge.

Has many players play horizontal pips I can understand that they have problems with it. I can hit a very hard drive with my bat pointing to the floor. The bat hitting the ball a bit upward, the ball has reversal and it create a strong top spin. See on youtube a guy play matches with the aggressor rubber and do fast topspin with it.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2019, 14:10 
Super User

maddrag wrote:
Can you be more precise. I play pp and it has vertical pips. I trained myself to hit like he zoughja. Her counterhit is a hit that has the bat pointing to the ceiling and finishing a bit closed. I understand that pips not in alignment with the ball direction make more a floating ball. But when you change the way you hit it work pretty well. In.fact it can confuse the opponent.

Ex: If I push the ball with the bat pointing to the side ( parallele to the net.) and if the pips are horizontal the ball can have reversal as it glide between the pips. With vertical it will hit the pips and stop the ball rotation a bit. So it create more of a float. But again if i do like a penholder and push in front of my body with the bat pointing toward the net then i will have reversal or depending of the density of the pips can get an underspin ball has it get more in contact with the sponge.

Has many players play horizontal pips I can understand that they have problems with it. I can hit a very hard drive with my bat pointing to the floor. The bat hitting the ball a bit upward, the ball has reversal and it create a strong top spin. See on youtube a guy play matches with the aggressor rubber and do fast topspin with it.

I agree, it comes down to technique, that is the difference between Do Knuckle and Super Do Knuckle. One I feel more comfortable with the other I can play with, but would have to adjust my strokes and contact points with the ball to be really effective.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2019, 14:12 
Super User

1dennistt wrote:

I agree, it comes down to technique, that is the difference between Do Knuckle and Super Do Knuckle. One I feel more comfortable with the other I can play with, but would have to adjust my strokes and contact points with the ball to be really effective.

To clarify the pips on the two versions of Do Knuckle run in different directions. Otherwise they look very similar to each other as far as pip length and width.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!