OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: DMS Power Pipes
PostPosted: 12 May 2018, 07:16 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
New video from Geblock:
http://youtu.be/3Suf40ltEA0

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 May 2018, 07:16 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Our german review of POWER PIPES (with englisch subs): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Suf40ltEA0

Material of rubber looks similar to FIRESTORM.

PostPosted: 12 May 2018, 10:10 

Blade: Gionnis carb def
FH: H3-50
BH: Talon
Wow. That looks interesting in ox. The one guy who does all the lp vids looks.... even more dangerous?!? Looks like he is chop blocking topspin like an lp on the ox version. Very interesting.

PostPosted: 12 May 2018, 17:31 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Looks like the thick catapult sponge plus the longish pimples is not any easy combination to play with it or against.

They looked a lot more comfortable playing with the OX version and yes a lot of backspin on chop blocks.. Maybe they need to bring out a 1mm sponge version.

Will be interesting to hear from def-attack how it compares to KO.

PostPosted: 12 May 2018, 23:09 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

ChasFox wrote:
Looks like the thick catapult sponge plus the longish pimples is not any easy combination to play with it or against.

They looked a lot more comfortable playing with the OX version and yes a lot of backspin on chop blocks.. Maybe they need to bring out a 1mm sponge version.

Will be interesting to hear from def-attack how it compares to KO.

I don’t have much to report yet. I only played it a few minutes with my son. PP is rather easy to play with, compared to Aggressor. Blocking is similar to KO but attacking is slightly more easy I think. But perhaps the effect from passive blocking is better with KO. PP have a lot of sink effect but not as much wobble or spin reversal since it is more grippy. But I guess that will wear off when you use it more.

The sponge is rather dense and the rubber is slightly faster than Aggressor. Like with KO you can push back back spin if you are careful, and also generate som spin of your own, for example when serving. I think PP is more grippy than KO.

I will try it more later, but that is not my main focus now. Also, bear in mind I only tried KO for like 15 minutes.

PostPosted: 18 May 2018, 16:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Now I have used it some more:

The MP Power Pipes is a very fun rubber to use. It is right between Aggressor and Hellcat but faster than both of them. Great for blocking and putting preassure on your opponent. Flat hits are great and you can easily do psuedo-loops that looks like loops but almost without spin. Lifting back spin can be done with speed and control. But not with as disturbing ball path as Aggressor gives. Also you can generate some spin from pushing and serving. Great rubber! But if you play passively on BH you will be in trouble, so you need to move well and attack. And block to move around your opponent. Then kill with FH. Passive blocking can be a little disturbing but it is when you do a light flat hit producing a fast floater that your opponent gets into trouble. If you hit a little harder or block harder loops or add more speed in blocks (and moving the bat upwards) the return will be more like from a short pimple rubber. Then it is very safe but your opponent can put you under presssure and you might get into trouble. Chopping from distance can be done but this rubber is fast so you need a very light touch or the chop will go looong. But chops are rather leathal since the pips are grippy.

If I were to continue with MP I would choose this one (or perhaps KO pro).

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 18:34 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Thx Def Attack for the quick review.

Just another question:
- Is it insensitive to incoming spin (service return)
- Is it easy to hit through topspin ? Is there a lot of sinking effect or not ?

I'll guess that the 1.5mm thickness will be quick enough for me on my blade :whew:

Thx

PostPosted: 20 May 2018, 19:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

BJ20 wrote:
Thx Def Attack for the quick review.

Just another question:
- Is it insensitive to incoming spin (service return)
- Is it easy to hit through topspin ? Is there a lot of sinking effect or not ?

I'll guess that the 1.5mm thickness will be quick enough for me on my blade :whew:

Thx

I can’t say about returning serves, did not try that.

Rather easy to hit through top spin, but the harder you hit the more it appeara like a ”normal” rubber(also beacause tiu need to hit with it like a sp with slightly closed bat to safely hit through top spin). I have only used it for a total time of like 30 minutes so with practice I guess it will be possible to flat hit through top spin and get some good sink effect.

The sink effect, to me and my opponent, appeared to be the best at medium har hits with opend bat. If you hit harder the pips embraced the ball and kills the spin, if you hit light the spin and the ball might grip the rubber and the spin is killed and the ball gets high. With medium hit the ball leaves the bat and rubber fast and the rotation is not stopped. And it sinks. At least that how I felt about it.

There is also a clear brake effect where the ball kind of stops in the air and drops to the table, like with anti. This also appears at different strokes against different shots.

All in all, this rubber need practice but you opponent will never knows what to expect. And it is rather easy to but the ball on the table (compared to Aggressor) but not that easy to handle if your opponents puts you under preassure, so you need to be active and aggresive with it I think. The you will be rewarded.

1,5 was fast enough on a Stiga Offensive Carbon. The sponge is rather hard and when you hit hard it shoots like a rocket :)

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 12:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Waiting for Power Pipes OX to get stocked at TT11.. then I'll have a report to make: PP OX vs Aggressor OX.

PostPosted: 25 May 2018, 03:45 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Thx Def Attack for the answer en review

Ok Nathanso looking forward to hear the difference.

:)

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 05:56 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
just ordered from ustabletennistore. 1,5mm. Anxious to play it.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 15:50 

nathanso wrote:
Waiting for Power Pipes OX to get stocked at TT11.. then I'll have a report to make: PP OX vs Aggressor OX.

available :rofl:

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2018, 14:17 
Super User

Just received the rubber today in 1.5mm.

This is a summary for the physical aspect of the MP. This is giving us good clues of the play we will be able to do with it. I will compare it to the agressor.

pimples aspect:

lenght: same ( 1.7 mm)
Diameter: agressor>power pipes ( agressor is 2,1mm, so around 1.8 mm maybe)
stiffness: Agressor>power pipes power pipes offer a good bent of the pimples)
grippy/stiky side: power pipes>agressor (power pipes have a feel of fish scale.)
grippy tops: agressor>power pipes ( glossy look)
density: agressor>power pipes ( powewr pipes remind the PR3 alpha)

sponge aspect:

hardness: agressor> power pipes ( power pipes remind me the TSP P4)

interpretation:

The power pipes is definitely on the short pimples side.

-The sticky side of the pimples will control the ball better and will create spin or stop the spin. How much it will stop the spin, will be determine in the game.

-The fact that the pimple are quite long can create possible wobble ,sink, and good underspin.

- The fact that the pimples tops are slick can give more reversal. We can roll the ball on top of the pimples without interaction with the pimples but as soon the pimples start to be bent, it grab the ball intensively. But how much it will interact,we will see. ( the agressor have grippy tops so can't roll the ball without a small interaction with the pimples)

-The fact that the density is less and the pimples a bit thinner than the agressor the the ball will go easier between the pimples and the sponge will interact more with the ball. Usually godd for control, block,hit and top spin. ( inverted rubber caratéristics)

-The fact that we have vertical pimples alignment and a low density can change the effect depending of the orientation of the blade.

- The fact that the sponge is softer and more springy it will have a more trampoline effect and go faster. Does it will produce less control ? we will see.

The rubber react a bit to the spin but how much ? will see in the practice. It seems a very exiting rubber.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2018, 14:07 
Super User

So I played 3hrs with Power pipes. Here is a review with my previous interpretation:

interpretation:

The power pipes is definitely on the short pimples side. Yes it is. Attack with block, counter and flat hit is the bread and butter of this MP

-The sticky side of the pimples will control the ball better and will create spin or stop the spin. How much it will stop the spin, will be determine in the game.The pips has a lot of control to play. it effectively stop spin and add spin. I didn't find a lot of thing that it can't do with control

-The fact that the pimple are quite long can create possible wobble ,sink, and good underspin. It's difficult to say as the pips are fast. The chop can be done in different way, classic, sp shop way, rip chop, I didn't see a lot of spin but the fact it is fast the opponant is running to the fast ball so is he just late to hit the ball and miss it or it is underspin. ONe thing I know is that I was always hitting the back line of the table with my chop. It look it fall suddenly but not sure. It is very joyfull to have my chops always hit the back of the table with speed. Difficult to drive them or smash it or making a stop ball

- The fact that the pimples tops are slick can give more reversal. We can roll the ball on top of the pimples without interaction with the pimples but as soon the pimples start to be bent, it grab the ball intensively. But how much it will interact,we will see. ( the agressor have grippy tops so can't roll the ball without a small interaction with the pimples) If you hit the ball very horizontally it almost not moving forward. You can create a false underspin ball with a big gesture chop but the ball fall very short just on the other side of the net. Big surprise. On the other hand if I hit more with an vertical angle the ball fly low and fast. The small variation of angle make a huge difference. excellent for service

-The fact that the density is less and the pimples a bit thinner than the agressor the the ball will go easier between the pimples and the sponge will interact more with the ball. Usually godd for control, block,hit and top spin. ( inverted rubber caratéristics)it exactly what happened The last time I was able so much top spin and smash back on the table with a block was with TSP PR3 alpha. The ball fall on the backline of the table.

-The fact that we have vertical pimples alignment and a low density can change the effect depending of the orientation of the blade. The angle and orientation of the blade change you shot. Just amazing. Long low fast shop like an SP, slow LP chop, horizontal or vertical block fast or slower. a counter with closed blade for reducing the speed and good placement etc.. This is really something !!!!

- The fact that the sponge is softer and more springy it will have a more trampoline effect and go faster. Does it will produce less control ? we will see. When you are back form the table and have to just pick up the ball after the opponant make a short push from you chop, it just do that like a spring and the ball goes on the other side with fast speed. Same with the roll.

Finally I can say that htis mp is universal and can do all the shot I learn in my 6 years of playing LP.
I just have to see what I will do in real game .

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2018, 00:53 
Super User

Picture of pips comparaison agressor Vs power pipes at new medium pip list caracteristics post.

Last edited by maddrag on 04 Jul 2018, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!