OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 11:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: DMS Power Pipes
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2018, 23:11 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Used it for 3 months. Never had problems with this Pip.
Just 3 or 4 pips a little bit dammaged but if you don't know it, you don't see it. Maybe I'm just lucky :)
Just lost 2 pips when i touched the table with it. Ordered a new one in the company of Der Materialspezialist.
And seems to be just fine :)
On Noppentest they said that the durability is fixed now.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2018, 07:21 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
just sent my damage pips rubber to the Dermaterialspezialist. They should replaced it to a new one that apparently will not breack easily.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019, 08:26 
Super User

just got a new one to replace the other one. The top of the pips is less chiny. I'm playing with it tonight.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019, 17:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
maddrag wrote:
just got a new one to replace the other one. The top of the pips is less chiny. I'm playing with it tonight.

Please report how it feels.
I am waiting for a new sheet along with a new blade, Sauer & Tröger Black & White. I might try the blade for my anti (Reflection) first. I am not planning to start using Power Pipes as my main BH rubber until earliest end of March. Depends on in what league I will be playing next season. If we stay where we are I will peobably change to MP. If we move up one leagu I will stay with anti and wait perhaps try the new Scandal as Amir is using.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019, 04:03 
Super User

played yesterday for 3 hours. OMG the control is very good !

I can make my own underspin and a few top spin. Short game I really like. Hard push long, low and fast at the end of the table create very good opportunities to attack then. Receiving service is a breeze. Short underspin can easily be send back fast on either side very fast and low with the blade pointing down to the table. ( catapult effect is use with the low throw of the rubber)

Chop can be made floating or very good underspin. Chop at knee height horizontally create Sp chop with a lot of Backspin. Chop vertically and you create fast floating ball.

Attack is of course always surprising. It is sp style. Block is wonderfull. Sometime you block hard and sometime soft. The rubber having a low trow it is difficult to do a good return and It create a lot of confusion to the opposant. The soft and slow one are very surprising. Opponants send the ball a lot in the net.

I can attack ball about 5 feet from the table. Always a surprise.

So PP is the king of variation and deception. Fast, slow, underspin, flaoting or a bit of top spin. The pips create the underspin and the sponge create the speed. ( catapult effect)So a variation of the angle of the hit is mixing the speed and the effect of the pips. I succeed to put ball that are dropping about 2 feet from the floor in front of me back on the table with this catapult effect. So far it is made for my style. Create deception for a poor return to then attack with forehand loop or top spin ( skyline 3 neo)

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019, 06:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

maddrag wrote:
played yesterday for 3 hours. OMG the control is very good !

I can make my own underspin and a few top spin. Short game I really like. Hard push long, low and fast at the end of the table create very good opportunities to attack then. Receiving service is a breeze. Short underspin can easily be send back fast on either side very fast and low with the blade pointing down to the table. ( catapult effect is use with the low throw of the rubber)

Chop can be made floating or very good underspin. Chop at knee height horizontally create Sp chop with a lot of Backspin. Chop vertically and you create fast floating ball.

Attack is of course always surprising. It is sp style. Block is wonderfull. Sometime you block hard and sometime soft. The rubber having a low trow it is difficult to do a good return and It create a lot of confusion to the opposant. The soft and slow one are very surprising. Opponants send the ball a lot in the net.

I can attack ball about 5 feet from the table. Always a surprise.

So PP is the king of variation and deception. Fast, slow, underspin, flaoting or a bit of top spin. The pips create the underspin and the sponge create the speed. ( catapult effect)So a variation of the angle of the hit is mixing the speed and the effect of the pips. I succeed to put ball that are dropping about 2 feet from the floor in front of me back on the table with this catapult effect. So far it is made for my style. Create deception for a poor return to then attack with forehand loop or top spin ( skyline 3 neo)

Sounds great. What blade?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2019, 06:55 
Super User

Phenomenon dr neubauer. Good control, fast enough. I like it.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2019, 04:03 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Sound really tempting now that the breaking pips issue appears to be resolved.

Is it a good rubber for spinny short pips users to migrate to for more disruptive capability and still to be able to counter with a little topspin, as Rubbers such as Aggressor and KO are said to be easier for long pips players to switch to.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2019, 07:26 
Super User

just played official game yesterday at the club for our weekly team compétition. ( 2000 rating Canadian, 2200 for us rating)

The most wonderfull thing I feel is the control of the whole blade. I almost feel it is inverted. I NEVER GOT PROBLEM HITTING FLOATING BALL . SHORT OR LONG They usualy play me with no spin ball and I mist a lot of ball in the past. Yesterday surprise I was hitting them like inverted. Sometime flat hit that was surprising. I didn't feel the rubber was getting me in anxiety about the certainty of the shot.

As it was a team competition, each of the 3 opponent ofthe team tried something different:

1- float ball ( just described.
2- top spin ball: Counter,flat hit, block and chop block stop that.
3- Pushing game: a strong pusher. I did conterpush with quite some reversal or small underspin or float. I was able to place the ball short or long, right & left and then attack with my FH loop. All the shots with a lot more control I never had before.

Variation was the best I ever feel. 3 years ago I was practicing 4 time a week with a chinese coach and now only play at the club one a week. I fell more confident, in control for my first games fo the years then any times in previous years.

You play with the pips and it look Lp. Slow and reversal. You play with more contact with the sponge and it look SP. Fast and flat. I was so exited that I want to play more saying ok whos next ?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2019, 16:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I had a very brief hit with PP on B&W yesterday. My son is getting better and he can loop pretty ok but not near the power and spin of my normal opponnets... So I can’t really judge yet but it felt great! Enormous control on both sides. PP can do almost everything but loop. Pseudoloops can be done if you use a little more force in your stroke. Blocks were very safe, returning a flat slow no spin ball. I guess a more spinny loop would give a more wicked return :). I did not try pushing with this blade, that worked well with my Stiga allround. Perhaps bot as easy with tjis setup.

Eager to try more...

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2019, 23:53 
Super User

good to hear an other players who stried PP. Your impression is like mine.

I can confirm you that fast top spin bloked or counter bring a more wicked return at high or slow speed. I think that the side of the pips are quite stiky and the sponge quite smooth so it bring very good control.

You will see that pushes can be also very effective. You can change the speed and the sping by changing the angle you push the ball. At the end of my night I like to really use my pushes to place the ball and then attack with my forehand loop.

Look at the rating of the rubber you did on the forum about the carateristics of new MP and change some part if you feel too. It will be more precise.

All toher peoples who use this MP can also rate it on the forum of caracterisrics of the new MPs.

thank you

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2019, 04:21 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Have a new Power Pipes rubber waiting to glue on my blade: 1.5 black
My PP rubber was broken and had a new one in return from the company when I send my old one back.

The rubber was on the Revolution blade at first, but now i'm going to glue it on
the Donic WSUC blade. Revolution had lower dwell time but probably more deception
thanks to the lower throw angel. But I think that Der Materialspezialist Revolution blade is better
for LP or Anti, than MP. Always played MP with Donic WSUC and it goes well.

Now I play KO PRO 1.5 this season, going to restart my sessions with the promissing new Power Pipes rubber
at the end of this season.

I think it will fit my style of play:
psuedo loop, opening up, attacking serves, block passive (sometimes active), push, chop only in emerged situation.
Waiting for a bad return from the opponent to attack with the forehand.

Can't wait to try it again. Because it looks like it plays a little different than before. Maybe better...

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2019, 05:51 
Super User

I don't think it plays better. It is just the fact to adapt the angle , choose the right shot. Etc. The big discovery with the pp that was replaced and send to me was the pushes. Pushes with vertical blade or rip chop ( lp shoots) or very horizontal for sp style can make a lot of problems for opponent. With a faster push also the opponent have less time to think.

The others shot were already discover with the first rubber that got all the pimples broken

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2019, 01:21 
Super User

play more hours lately.

The rubber play much better in agressive mode.

Push: Ready to receive serve with my bat just behind the lines. So when it is short I have to move foreward and the push is more agressive and more affective.

My BH counter hit is starting to be very good and on practice more difficult to return after my second hit. The ball is very low very fast and start to reverse a bit. It is bugging the opponant as he think it is a counter drive shot that implies top spin. I hit the ball like He zhoujia. The end (top) of the blade is pointing toward the ceiling and closing at the end of the stroke. It hit solid, no friction almost. It is very surprising to confidently hit counterdrive against very good loop. The control is there. I used to hit on the side, the top of the blade pointing toward the left wall. ( for right hand player) and my ball was always ¨flying¨ outside the table unless I hit softly. Against the loop almost impossible to put the ball on the table. I sometime use that hit for a soft and short ball from the opponant. Very Shorter ball are just pushed.

The shop can be use in 3 different ways. Vertically for rip chop. Horizontally for further ball from the table and hitting it at the knee height or lower. ( more backspin has the ball doesnt hit heavily the sponge of the racket. It is more a pimples action and finally a kinf of shop block witht he end of the blade is going donward vertically or with an angle toward the ceiling. The last 2 chot are producing underspin, medium or short ball. and the first one is a rapid, float ball that goes down and hit the end of the table.

A lot of practice is still needed to control the shot specially in competition but I can see a big potential for a more attacking and offensive shot with disturbance. I really enjoying it.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2019, 03:07 

Blade: DHS 7
FH: DMS Firestorm Black 1,8
BH: TMsponge /Globe979 sponge
I also play with PP ox black and Firewind 1.5 mm red on the forehand.My opponents now say that I have almost got a 100% forehand hammer, and right now nothing is better for me.

Last edited by Gigant on 05 Feb 2019, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next