OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: DMS Power Pipes
PostPosted: 02 Jul 2018, 11:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Finally played with Power Pipes OX red today. Compared to Aggressor OX, the only thing PP did better was chopping. Everything else was not to my liking. It's one fast OX pip, that much was clear. But I don't think it's best in OX based on all the raves I've read about its sponged variants. I'm going to try it on a softer blade tomorrow night and I'll report back.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2018, 06:29 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
Please don't forget to rate it on the new mp carateriztics rating.

It's something that doesn't surprise me. It is very sp oriented. So in ox i thing i would also like the agressor better. With sponge i prefer the pp. It loss a lot of reversal but it compensate on the control, the direction you want to send the ball, the variable shot you can make. You can create also own backpin and top spin. For it fit my game to really move the opponant and attack at any moments , back or forehand against any spin. I'm playing games tonight against players who know me very well. I will see if it pass the test.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2018, 23:43 
Super User

Play with the PP friday. Play differently if its a straight hitter or a looper. Have a lot of facilities with staight ball for driving counter, blocking. The ball just go where I want . Play like SP. Rarely have to defend far from the table. The bloker hitter had problems with blocking straight drive. It goes into the net. I block very nicely his drive, low and fast. He got to lift my ball then I loop with my FH.

With the looper, the ball is more lively and the angle play more of an important role. The defense is also more present. Near the table or far from the table. It give a very low return when chop more vertically. I also practice to chop far from the table and coming back at the table with blosk and counter. Big surprise with the counter. It was easier than I thought. The spin is not affecting my shot when hit solidly. Like an SP. I feel I can stay at the table or far from the table. Both style I can play. So during a game I can figure with style I can play against the opponant weakness.

I play a bit with agressor and it is slower and more strange ball. Funny enought the 1,3 agressor feel more soft and less contact witht the blade and the 1.5 mm PP. The diameter of the pips of the agressor is bigger, maybe thats why.

Next time I will put PP on an offensive blade to see if I got an advantage to do that. Will be able to keep the good control ?? With good pace it is easier to control. Slow pace the pips are too much stiff and the ball doesn't go into the pips. So I have to play more straight or my cut are too strong for the ball.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2018, 00:35 
Super User

played yesterday with Offensive Blade: Horrible. Ball flying everywhere. Didn't have any time of contact with the blade. I then put it back on the firewall + and I regain the control. I practice quite a bit with a medium looper and block, chop far from the table, drive and counter. Near the end I really enjoyed chopping few ball far from the table and come back for the next shot at the table and counter drive his loop. Very energetic, fast with some disturbance. I really liked it.

The blade make a lot of difference !

Few hours of training and it will drive the opponent nuts. Being able to defense and attack in a flash. I always want to do that. :rofl:

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2018, 13:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Been idly wondering about this for a couple months now. Is the item in question really called "Power Pipes" or is it really "Power Pips"?? (Time to finally go look it up.. :lol: )

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2018, 13:55 
Super User

It is really the name of the pips. I

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2018, 21:23 
Super User

Attention !

My pp pips lost about 12 pips yesterday after 5 minutes of play. The rubber also become uncontrolable. The ball was going in the net or outside. Very dissapointed as last week i was doing everything i want with it. The pips were quite slick at the bottom also. They are quite long pips were almost made to broke. Any similar situation lwith any of you ? Back to agressor.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 07:23 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
maddrag wrote:
Attention !

My pp pips lost about 12 pips yesterday after 5 minutes of play. The rubber also become uncontrolable. The ball was going in the net or outside. Very dissapointed as last week i was doing everything i want with it. The pips were quite slick at the bottom also. They are quite long pips were almost made to broke. Any similar situation lwith any of you ? Back to agressor.

Users at noppentest reports the same :(. DMS will need to do something about that.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2018, 02:45 
Super User

I can't say how much I'm dissapointed of that result. I read also the noppen test and feel very frustrated as it was the best rubber I used so far to be able to perform almost everything. I knew that with a bit more training I would be able to be stable and do all kind of shot with efficiency. Defense or offense. A 300 to 500 rating better.

I will wait to see what will come out of it. For the moment I will return to Agressor.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2018, 02:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
LP rubbers become uncontrollable when they have half-severed pips at the bases of the pips. If you have 12 missing pips I'm guessing you have far more half-severed pips that you're not yet aware of.. bend them back under a bright light to inspect.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2018, 23:07 
Super User

just got a message from DMS and they are sending me a brand new one with stronger pips. ( free)

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2018, 04:58 
Super User

Anyone have played pp with phenomeon blade. A slower blade with good dwell time and very good control ?

It should give more control and more grip to the pp who have already a lot of grip.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2018, 00:25 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
maddrag wrote:
just got a message from DMS and they are sending me a brand new one with stronger pips. ( free)

How is the Power Pipes now ? Does it play different or is it the same and just longer durability ?

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2018, 23:24 
Super User

I didn't received anything yet. Promis. To get a new one is not hold so far . tbey want me to send the broken one but i'm not pleased to have to pay for the transport.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2018, 16:36 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Anyone using this pips now? How is the new version? Did they fix durability?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next