OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: MIlky Way Pluto
PostPosted: 10 May 2018, 20:45 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Hi all,

What do you say about this rubber today? Is it good with plastic balls? I bought 1,5 red from eacheng and it cost 4 euros. What kind of blade can you recommend for that?

Regards

Soba

Post subject: Re: MIlky Way Pluto
PostPosted: 08 Jul 2018, 22:58 

Blade: TSP Black Balsa 3.0
FH: Tibhar Vari Spin 1.8
BH: Tibhar Vari Spin 1.8
I'm using it on the backhand of a light and thin wood blade. I've been playing with it defensively using D40+. It's quite insensitive to spin so its easier to block and to return serves. It's decent when it comes to chopping too. Good spin reversal.

When my friends borrow my bat they use it as a typical short pip. Blocks and fast counters. With that, I think I can say it's allright with the plastic ball and is not that picky with the blade. I bet if you put it on a hard and fast blade, its blocks and counters will shine more. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2019, 22:14 
Super User

It's my cheap half-long since few month and I increase at lot my rank since I use it.

I've tried various setup from def to off blade but one of the best for my style is TSP 5.5 ALL+ and Yinhe Pluto red 1.5mm and TSP Ventus super spin 2mm black.

It take some time to master the beast as deception for your opponent is important...it means also for you.

My current setup is Butterfly Kong Linghui Special with Pluto 1.5mm and super 999T-1 on FH.

I'm lefty so I use Pluto to bloc, hit and BH topspin as well.
I've tried many other soft (royal,TSP super spin Chop II, Waran, Degu, GD 612). The Pluto is not that famous but for the price it's a outstanding bargain and very effective.

Brahms

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2019, 09:32 

Blade: Nittaku ANV WN
FH: DHS 652 1,8 red
BH: Yinhe Pluto 1,0 black
Has anyone tried with thick sponge on fh? Block counter hitting game.
Tried it in 1.3mm on fh. Very disruptive block, hitting with strong sink effect.
Have a DHS max sponge from a DHS 652 and a Pluto topsheet. Try it occasionally.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2020, 08:26 

Blade: Nittaku ANV WN
FH: DHS 652 1,8 red
BH: Yinhe Pluto 1,0 black
is there a difference between the red and the black topsheet.? Have both on different blades; same 1,0mm sponge. The red one feels like dead on a very fast carbon blade but in a positive way.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2021, 06:27 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevanti
FH: Spinlord Wyvern 1.8
BH: Trouble Maker ox
I tried Pluto right after the beginning of my career almost 6 years ago to become less sensitive to incoming spin on BH. But I discovered LP ox only a short time later and stayed with LP ever since. Unfortunately I destroyed the sponge when removing Pluto from the blade but I do remember that it was extremely heavy. Two years ago I bought Pluto again for use on the FH, this time ox to glue my own sponges underneath to save weight. I found Pluto on FH great for counter-hitting incoming spin. One day an opponent made a picture of my bat after loosing although having a much higher ranking. Well, he did not stop looping. I still have the rubber today: there is no number in a square on it but it has the ittf-sign. The pips are really very hard, almost like plastic but I am pretty sure it is legal because I bought it from a well known and reliable shop. I also never heard of the guy with the photo again. Unfortunately most other players adopted quickly and played slow, low, spinless balls. With Pluto on FH and LP on BH I had no possibilities against them and started to loose games. Nobody had any fun and I was told that the games were not nice to look at, too. In summary I would not recommend Pluto for beginners and intermediate players who want to improve their skills. It might be an option on a second bat used only against power-loopers who cannot play anything else.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2021, 17:21 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I have been using Pluto in 1.5 mm lately. It is not that heavy, not worse than any other at least, if you compare to Aggressor or similar. You should try it with a little sponge. It.may be that you had an old version before they changed it (I think it was banned from the ITTF list when they changed the rules for pips).

There is a new improved Euro-version that I just ordered, on its way now :).

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2021, 04:37 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevanti
FH: Spinlord Wyvern 1.8
BH: Trouble Maker ox
I seems there are at least 3 versions of Pluto available at the moment: the original "Pluto" has a hard sponge. That is the one I had almost 6 years ago. It was temporarily banned but reappeared in 2008. Then there is "Pluto soft" with the same rubber but a soft sponge. Same cover, only with a small "soft" written on it. Two years ago I bought only the rubber and glued a soft, a medium and a hard sponge underneath. I could find the "Pluto Euro" only in one Russian TT-shop. As I understand the description it might be a Pluto with higher quality because of special selected materials. Let us hear how you like it!