OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2019, 02:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Looks like no one's interested in the cheap stuff - you know, 563 or 388C-1... :lol:

I have a sheet of 563OX, have plans for this. Wonder how it'd work on a "hardbat"...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2019, 04:09 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
iskandar taib wrote:
Looks like no one's interested in the cheap stuff - you know, 563 or 388C-1... :lol:

I have a sheet of 563OX, have plans for this. Wonder how it'd work on a "hardbat"...

Iskandar

I did try 563, with a couple of different sponges, just didn't quite gel with it. Now that I've been playing with med-pips longer, I probably should get another sheet and give it a go again. 388C-1 i just didn't like, but I can say the same for a lot of the more expensive med-pips also. I haven't used either in OX, but I suspect your blade will make a greater difference in how it plays. The blades you seem to have will probably do better than the faster ones I have. (depending on how you intend to use the 563 OX)

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2019, 17:42 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
I have found the blade to be really important in how short and medium pips play.

Best for me are medium speed hard stiff blades with low catapult, my Dr Neubauer Bloodhound blade being better than my softer Black & white blade for both control and disruption. Softer blades with flex or catapult do not work so well. and I have sold off my TSP balsa blades.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2019, 03:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The blade matters a LOT, even for inverted rubbers. :lol: In my opinion, much more so than the actual rubber does. At least in the case of inverted rubbers. Unless you're using something silly like Ckylin or Tackiness Chop.

I plan to put the sheet of 563 (OX) on a (what else..) M8. Haven't decided whether to put 802 (or 802-40) OX on the other side (in which case it becomes a pseudo-hardbat) or put a sheet of inverted on the other side. The "hardbat" would be just to satisfy my curiosity about whether you could use classic hardbat strokes with the 563, and I've been wondering how well I can do playing with a hardbat at Weekend Doubles. I also have a Toxic 3 that's going to have 802 on both sides (mainly for chopping). If I put inverted on the M8 with 563 on the other side, I'm going to lend it to a player at Weekend Doubles - he's been playing with long pips for about a year now, and has an attacking game with the pips - mainly fast blocks, bumps and sharp-angled swipes.. but he misses a heck of a lot of shots (usually they go long). I've been wondering for a while if medium pips would suit his game, the theory being that the best "attacking long pips" might actually be medium pips. I had him try my old sheet of 563 (with, IIRC, 1.5mm sponge) but he couldn't play with it at all, it was too different from what he's used to.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2019, 03:04 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
yes in deed. It is called Medium pips as it is an hybrid between the long pips and short pips. Of course, some pips are more on the short pips side and some are more on the long pips side. some are a very fine mix of the 2. The summary give you an idea. more offense ( short pips) more defense ( long pips). It is long serach to have the right combinaison you want.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2019, 21:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I tried the M8/563 bat the last time we played (about a week ago). Just the last two games. As expected - the 563 (OX) was very nice for attacking, especially attacking backspin, using hardbat-type drives (with an open racket face if the backspin is heavy). Blocking or chopping topspin was also relatively easy. Since I'm a very forehand-oriented player I spent 30-40% of the time with the bat reversed - the 563 on the forehand. I could still loop with the inverted side (the bat was extremely light, kinda weird).

Don't think I'll move to this full time, though.. and my friend says he'll try playing with it more the next time we play (he tried it briefly).

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6