OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2023, 17:28 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
I just found out that except 563, 563-1, 563Mystery, 563MysteryIII, 563SP (am I forgetting any variant??) there is a new 563; 563Pro (Pro from Provincial?? as they state?)

It is available in Red & Black, with sponge thickness 1.2, 1.5, and 1.8 and with Hardness of 38 degrees and 40 degrees sponge!

I want to try something different from LP (FaintLong2, GDTecs & Curl P1) so I got it just yesterday from eacheng.

I got the 1.2mm red 38Degrees, in order to be as close as possible to the soft LPs I was using so the transition would be as easy as possible.

Here are some photos:

As you can see Friendship/729 is very "generous" with the sponge, 1.2mm looks like it is 1.5 or even 1.7mm. The package clearly stated 1.2mm /38 / red!

Didn't have time to play with it yet, most of the clubs are closed for August vacations and the city is empty, no TT friends here to go for a "spin".

I will get back to this when I will find time to play with it.

Attachments:
Friendship563Pro_1.2mm_38deg_Red_2.jpg
Friendship563Pro_1.2mm_38deg_Red_2.jpg [ 366.51 KiB | Viewed 8175 times ]
Friendship563Pro_1.2mm_38deg_Red.jpg
Friendship563Pro_1.2mm_38deg_Red.jpg [ 320.81 KiB | Viewed 8179 times ]
compass1685770942.jpg
compass1685770942.jpg [ 78.1 KiB | Viewed 8179 times ]

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2023, 19:31 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
tzifos wrote:
As you can see Friendship/729 is very "generous" with the sponge, 1.2mm looks like it is 1.5 or even 1.7mm. The package clearly stated 1.2mm /38 / red!

Generous! LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yes, that does not give us much confidence in the supposed higher quality control for a 'Pro' version.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2023, 07:24 

I got some time today with this. A big change from the FaintLong2 and CurlP1. My blade is a VKM with Andro Hexer PowerGrip SFX 2.1mm in the FH.

Chops are difficult. need to make a LOT of adjustments!. This 563 is very fast so my hand need to be very relaxed. Angle of the bat needs to be different also, not so vertical as in classic chopping LPs.

Near the table, pushes are awesome, I can return the ball with down-spin, no-spin or up spin. I can also easily side-push and send the ball wherever I like. Blocks return the ball like "floating" either slow or fast depending on my hand; relaxed or not. Chop-blocks return the ball with a bit of down-spin. Easy to smash a 20cm high ball. So far I am quite happy with it.

BUT I need to fix the chopping! I will give it more time and become my 1st priority. I think I will also try Nittaku Do Knuckle and compare them. I have two VKMs so comparison will be very easy between these two MPs.

@haggisv Someone told me that "pro" means same as plain 563 but "factory boosted/tuned". This might explain the "thicker" sponge. If this is the case then I hope that the "boost" effect will fade away quite soon, it will help me with the chop.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2023, 10:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
tzifos wrote:
@haggisv Someone told me that "pro" means same as plain 563 but "factory boosted/tuned". This might explain the "thicker" sponge. If this is the case then I hope that the "boost" effect will fade away quite soon, it will help me with the chop.

Possible, but very unlikely I think. If it was boosted they would almost certainly keep it in a vacuum sealed packet, it else the effect would just wear off in the packet. You can usually smell it as well. I also don't think the boosting could make the sponge THAT much thicker. :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2023, 22:20 

haggisv wrote:
Possible, but very unlikely I think. If it was boosted they would almost certainly keep it in a vacuum sealed packet, it else the effect would just wear off in the packet. You can usually smell it as well. I also don't think the boosting could make the sponge THAT much thicker. :lol:
It was not "sealed" in vacuum, so probably it should not be "factory boosted". Something in the Friendship factory needs calibration :D

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2023, 19:52 

A month or more playing with 563Pro and it is a lot better for my games than BTY FLII. I can easily hit balls using these pips from backhand side. Chopping is not the same as FLII, the backspin is a bit less and not "always too much backspin" as with FLII and this confuses the opponents, their top-spins are sometimes on their side of table or net and sometimes their balls fly over my head. Also for chopping the blade must be not so vertical as it was with FLII. I am still not so consistent with 563Pro as I was with FLII but the points come more easily!

I like medium-long pips like 563 after all, experiment was successful. I have ordered another medium-long pips, Nittaku Do Knucle 1.4mm to try also.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2023, 04:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

BASTARD PRODUCTS.

ALL sponge modifications on market, other than original version, should be taken as illegal products. We usually label those with a name of bastard derivatives, for never been approved by ITTF.