OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 05:47 

well thanks for the pointer about pk with sponge just to check do you mean its worse as in less spin reversal with thick sponge or that its no good at all
i realise that they are different perhaps i should of put that i am unsure which one to purchase
both appeal to me for differetn reasons
i had a go at tsp p1r with sponge but found it hard to get the ball on the table so thought an ox would be a good choice and this has good reports and is cheap
pk just sounds like it may suite my game

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 06:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
10yrs still trying is bac wrote:
well thanks for the pointer about pk with sponge just to check do you mean its worse as in less spin reversal with thick sponge or that its no good at all
i realise that they are different perhaps i should of put that i am unsure which one to purchase
both appeal to me for differetn reasons
i had a go at tsp p1r with sponge but found it hard to get the ball on the table so thought an ox would be a good choice and this has good reports and is cheap
pk just sounds like it may suite my game

I haven't tried PK with sponge, I must admit, and I can't recall where I read that bit about it being an OX pip. I recall seeing it sold online only as an OX which should tell you something. Maybe someone here has tried PK with sponge and can give you more insight. As inexpensive as these Chinese pips are why not try them all? That's about what I did some months back and it was very illuminating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 06:46 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
You can get the PK with sponge, but from what I've heard it acts differently than in OX. I've only played with it in OX. It can block well, and it's easy to hit with, but most decent players that I've played had very little trouble in countering the hits. From my experience (and if Hookshot was here, he would probably disagree) it's wasn't tricky enough to play a long pip style game or powerful enough to play a short pip type of game. I would recommend either going with long pips if you want more tricky, or short pips if you want more power.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2009, 11:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

In the UK www.customtabletennis.co.uk has Peacekeeper.
tOD

Post subject: Peacekeeper Kills
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 21:35 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

I just got back from playing last night and tried my Pk again on my Gergely21 for S&G. I also have a set up with some long pips on a Yasaka Ma Lin soft carbon that I like alot. I am using 729 cream 1.5 Mrs on Fh and some 755 long pips .6mm. I did not like the control on the 755 with the sponge. It needs a softer blade for sure. I took off the top sheet and and put the PK ox on the .6 sponge and will try it out later this week. Any ways I find that the control both blocks and chops as well as hit as very good with the Pk in ox. I have tried it on my soft carbon and it works very well on that also. PK is a very interesting Med pip rubber and does knuckle pretty well. It is truely a do it all rubber and these are my set ups to try.
1. Gergely 21 PK ox bh and 729 802-40 with 1.5 mrs sponge fh
2. Ma Lin soft carbon PK .6mm bh 729 cream mrs 1.5 fh
3. Joola cat (buying from a friend) Pk ox bh Donic big slam 1.8 fh

I will try and post my results after I check them out

Peace GIG

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2009, 01:40 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Bob54,
I tried PK and Evil on sponge and it just made it faster and killed the reversal.
However, I found some sponge sheets at Wallmart and tried that. This is a dead type sponge. It made the PK spinny. Reversal was gone but it is still very slow. The way I use PK is mainly for change of pace and spin. Also blocking and chopping. It still chops with great control and blocking is also very easy.
With PK in OX, I could not counter topspin, it turned into chop going out and floated long. Now, it gives just enough grip to be able to counter loop. I am using this by looping one or two, twiddling and looping one. The ball is much slower with the same stroke and not much topspin. The sound does not give it away by sound now. It is easy to keep low and my partner had to take speed off and brush loop to return it. He can counter loop all day and this took him out of his game.
Even though it is now more grippy, it is still easier to return serve than with inverted. Very predictable rubber for the user. True, it is not a "tricky" rubber. What is important to me is the difference in speed from my primary side. In OX, it is trickier but depending on how you use it can be better with the dead sponge. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject: Pk in the house
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 04:14 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

I am going to use the .6mm on Saturday and will try it again in ox. I do get some reversal and picked up a tip from a long time long pip user. I point my blade head down like a flick and lift up from 1-5 feet away and it hits great. They try to block it back but its dead. In ox I noticed the reversal myself, not alot, but much more controlable than any long pip with little effeort. I will take the control over reversal right now.
Note* I am using 729 Orange sponge in .6mm and the thicker ox in pk. I might try some .5 later. I found the harder blades do give better reverse, just have to step back a foot, or pull back your shot, Thanks for the feedback,

Peace :shock: GIG

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 14:05 

This tread is dead ? Let's get him back :drunken:

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 15:38 

Can somebody compare the PK with the dr.evil and the orthodox please?
Thank you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!