OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: donic twister
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 01:04 
Super User

i use black.
i remembered the older player i mentioned used it on his b/h + used it good. some flat lifts, good blocking +fast. i tried once on b/h ball was deadly when i got on esp b/h punch shot. i found a good bit harder to use on b/h than 563.i do lift ball steeply on b/h it did not suit me. my twister40 is a real old one, maybe 5 years old. i was using dawei c388 med/pips playing so/so when cleaning out my cupboard i saw one of my old twister rubbers. it is similiar in grip to 1.5mm c388 but ball has more reverse.more grip than 1.0mm c388 though + a little less reverse spin.
1.0mm dawei c388 is too hard to use,as is 1.2mm.
1.5mm is best i think in this rubber, which i mainly used before for a season or so.
the difference i found between c388 1.5mm + twister40 was harder for opp with twister.
biggest difference by miles was control of opp topsin, i was able to counterhit rather than just being passive + blocking.i found a point or two for sure since i switched.
let me know if anyone buys/likes it.
i have ordered a new twister40, its not easy to get,waiting a few months now.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2009, 21:17 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
OK I have a sheet. What blades have you used it with? Do you think it would be good on a Butterfly SK7?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 05:45 
Super User

have not tried too many blades or your one.i use a thin butterfly blade chih chuan yuan, mentioned earlier.

i tried tibhar grass flex red thick sponge, not sure how thick. very very fast med pips but too orthodox for opponent.

i got it for free + gave it away for free. twister40 is way better rubber for me anyway.

let me know how you go.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 08:26 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I've been looking for a forehand rubber for my Butterfly SK7 Light blade (Butterfly Feint AG 1.3 on the BH). The SK7 Light is an OFF-rated blade on which I've previously tried Butterfly Challenger Attack, Friendship 802-40 and Dr Neubauer Pistol.

Upon mac33's recommendation, I tested the Donic Twister 1.5/black. After a brief hit with my robot against heavy topspin, no-spin and underspin, I agree that mac33's comments are accurate. This is a very good, high control rubber, although a little on the slow side (which might be good).

I use the backhand a lot more than the forehand, and on the forehand I mainly want something with which I can block and smash without making too many unforced errors. For me, the Twister seems better than all the FH rubbers I've previously used on the SK7. I'll try it in some practice matches next.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 09:00 
Super User

good to see you like it. real test will be in match game.
i think i tried all 3 other rubbers the pistol for all the hype was rubbish especially.
twister40 is definately not that slow i think you will find.
the grassflex tibhar i just tried is fastest pimple along with tango ultra[sp]
convinced best smooth rubber is tango 1.2mm its called the defensive version, its actually a fast rubber
i have realised as of a few days ago thin blades have way better feel + spin than thicker blades.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 11:15 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
I've been looking for a forehand rubber for my Butterfly SK7 Light blade (Butterfly Feint AG 1.3 on the BH). The SK7 Light is an OFF-rated blade on which I've previously tried Butterfly Challenger Attack, Friendship 802-40 and Dr Neubauer Pistol.

Upon mac33's recommendation, I tested the Donic Twister 1.5/black. After a brief hit with my robot against heavy topspin, no-spin and underspin, I agree that mac33's comments are accurate. This is a very good, high control rubber, although a little on the slow side (which might be good).

I use the backhand a lot more than the forehand, and on the forehand I mainly want something with which I can block and smash without making too many unforced errors. For me, the Twister seems better than all the FH rubbers I've previously used on the SK7. I'll try it in some practice matches next.

Sounds interesting. How does it compare to the pluto and Diamant?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 08:19 
Super User

how have you been playing with twister esp in matches, are you still using it.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2010, 04:09 
Super User

i tested a sheet of red twister 40 for last 3 weeks.

the difference over the black twister 40 is faster by along way!

i also found a little more grip using the red twister40, giving better control,downside opponent maybe does not need to lift ball as much.

it took some getting use to ,now i cannot go back to using black twister.

for me red twister is almost a different rubber to black twister!

on a softwood blade twister performs completely different than on hardwood blade where it almost performs like a Lp rubber.

i tried a black stiga radical last week,it is a great rubber but returning serves is more difficult than twister. less spin reversal than twister generally.

has anyone tried twister40/pluto/stiga royale? what are the differences?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!