OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 13:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2014, 02:40 
Super User

I saw an add for Toni Hold White Spot the other day.
Does anybody have succes with this blade for chopping / blocking or does it only worh with Anti ?
Does it give a little reversal or is it too soft and therefore no reversal ?
I just thought that it might be easy to avoid chopping too many ones long with such a slow blade ?

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2014, 06:39 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
I was given that blade by a German dude as my first serious bat. It had anti and 729 on it, so I got rid of anti for a sheet of Sriver FX back then. It was a really good bat to learn looping from and I blocked well enough with it.

If you are doing mostly a passive block and want to change heavy topspin into medium or light medium underspin, forget about it with this blade and a sponged OX LP. Stiff/fast blades with OX LP are the sweet spot for that. You will see an entire brigade use an OFF+ blade like Schlager Carbon or Gergely with an OX LP on BH and play the style on BH you are describing.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2014, 06:43 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

I have 2 of them, works well for blocking, chop-blocking and chopping, tho', that is not my forte, but I am doing it more, the blade has a nice feel and I have used ox lp's, latterly c.circles and GDTalon very successfully, tho' I don't think soft lp's will be that effective on there.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2014, 07:37 
Super User

Der_Echte wrote:
If you are doing mostly a passive block and want to change heavy topspin into medium or light medium underspin, forget about it with this blade and a sponged OX LP. Stiff/fast blades with OX LP are the sweet spot for that.

Treated pips on anything are more effective for that, with the benefit that it's possible to something other than smashing with the anything.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2014, 12:20 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
You mean players would actually treat their pips? Inverted players weren't already confused enough to not know their head from their tail already? :D

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2014, 03:58 
Super User

What I am looking for is an high control paddle for chopping and a little blocking.
Just wanted to know if this could work well with Dtechs ox or Dornenganz ox, for chopping and blocking.
At the moment i chop more than i block - but would like to get better at blocking close to the table.

Soren

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2014, 06:17 
Super User

You seem very sensitive to minor equipment differences. This is not a good characteristic to develop.

The best LP players are in china. The notorious WJJ http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19025 used to compete with provincial and national B-teamers using very plain LP rackets. Folks on this forum have reviewed his stuff and all find it too fast and "nothing special". There a bunch of old-timer like him there who use a cornucopia of technique to cut down high level attackers.

So just start off with something slow, and keep the ball on the table. This is a defensive style after all.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2015, 15:53 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Defensive
FH: Stiga Calibra Tour M max
BH: Friendship 729 - 755 Ox
Hi Tenergy05fx,
I really like the Joola Toni Hold White Spot blade. It's great for chopping, blocking, hitting and punching with Long Pips.
I glued Stiga Boost TS max on forehand and Friendship 755 Ox on backhand for this blade.
This blade offers excellent control.
When I chop against strong loopers, this blade acts like a break on the incoming shot and returns very awkward shot with lots of spin reversal.
This blade is now my favourite defensive blade.

Setup 4: Nittaku Resist, Xiom Sigma I Europe max on forehand, Friendship 755 0.5 mm on backhand
Setup 5: Victas Koji Matsushita, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand
Setup 6: Butterfly Defence 4, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!