OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blade's Weight List
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2014, 23:06 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
iskandar taib wrote:
Two more blades.

1) Reactor DJ200A. Cheapest blade out there (bar maybe one from 999). I have four, plus two penhold. Normal price is about $8 a blade, I got these for $3.75 each during a 50% sale. This one (the heaviest) weighed 85.82g, the others are all lighter (80-82 grams). Blade thickness 6.06mm.

ImageImage

2) Fake Butterfly Korbel blade. This one actually weighs less and is slightly thinner than the Fake Primorac, only 82g so I might actually like it. Weight: 83.19g, thickness: 6.04mm.

ImageImage

Before I had this blade in hand I was wondering if it would end up being identical (other than the handle pieces) to the Fake Primorac - after all, the cheapest way to make two different things is to make them both the same and use one common assembly line. They ARE different - the Primorac weighs another 6 grams and is a few hundredths of a mm thicker, but this is within the range of variation for a single blade type. Here's the handle end view for the Fake Primorac, compare.

Iskandar

What would you rate better or perhaps slower, the dj200 or fake primorac? How do both compare to the n11 you love?

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2014, 01:42 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Don't like the fake Primorac, mainly because it's too heavy. I might re-rubber it with something lighter and re-evaluate (I have a sheet of medium pips coming, for instance). It does have a top ply peel problem (fibers getting torn off the racket face when I removed the rubber) - don't know if this is good or bad (I hear it's mainly expensive rackets that have this problem.. :lol: ), don't know if it shares this problem with the REAL Primorac.

Now, the DJ200A. I really like it - it plays almost like a N11. Both are ulta-cheap-ass blades, both have thick cores and thin outer plies, both are relatively lightweight, and the handles are about the same size, not too small (like the Super-1 or Huichuan). The DJ200A is slightly smaller - the blade is maybe 5mm shorter than the N11, width is about the same (I'll measure them Monday). I put on a sheet of lightly DingJi'd Hidden Dragon and a sheet of Reactor Corbor (this one you can pick up for under $4 a sheet) and found myself hitting, looping and pushing very comfortably. Definitely a great buy - my idea was to make loaner rackets or pass-alongs out of them, but I like this one so much I might turn the others into test rigs or backups. I do have three N11s already, and have four of these things, so I don't really need more backup blades! (I also got two DJ200A chinese penholds at the same time.. I mean, $3.75 a blade including shipping... ?? :lol: )

I've got the fake Korbel rubbered up, I'll hit a little with it tomorrow.

As far as rating speeds - hard to tell. N11 and DJ200A are about the same, I can't get the same power out of the Primorac because I can't swing it as hard. Didn't have problems popping up pushes with any of the blades (like I had with the N6, which is definitely faster).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2014, 12:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I hit with the Fake Korbel briefly yesterday. Impressions were good, I could do my whole range of strokes comfortably with it, but making more mistakes than usual. Then I switched back to my primary racket, mistakes went away. Moral? It's what you're used to that plays best... :lol:

All in all, the Fake Korbel has about the same level of vibration as the N11 (and less than the 896), and is slightly slower.

Boy, do I suck at equipment reviews... :lol:

Incidentally, in case anyone else wants to do it.. all those "photographs" of blades and rubber I've been posting were "taken" with a flatbed scanner. Set for 200 dpi and you're set. Scan the end of the handle to get easily-compared images to estimate veneer thickness. I'm considering going to 300 dpi for the end-handle shots. Also good for shots to compare pips size and density.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2015, 19:02 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
N11 Flared 78grams

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2015, 22:48 

Butterfly innershield ZLF ST g. 82
Nittaku haneyoshi FL g. 84
Xiom Aigis ST g. 86

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2015, 01:12 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Butterfly Viscaria FL 87g

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 14:00 

Victas koji matsushita 83g
Victas koji matsushita defensive 81g
TSP Balsa 4.5 FITTER 78g
TSP Balsa 3.5 DEF+ 72g
TSP Balsa 3.5 DEF+ 68g
Joola Chen Weixing 83g
Donic defplay senso classic 70g
Donic defplay senso 78g
Xiom Aigis 88g
Tibhar Stratus Powerdefense 82g
Butterfly Matsushita Pro 81g
Butterfly Matsushita Pro 80g

all ST

BE WATER MY FRIEND

http://youtu.be/PxlIraEV8n4
http://youtu.be/3rsNPWnI64k
http://youtu.be/bZQx3Op4_oY

Blade: THE "MADAFAKA" DONIC DEFPLAY SENSO
FH: Victas V>01 2mm
BH: TSP P1R 1.0-1.3

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2015, 23:55 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
These versions are all pretty light ones :o ... For me, heavier blades provide more stability and control for chopping... Why do you particularly like the lighter versions? To move faster for attacking?

I would be very interested in a comparison between

Donic Defplay Senso
Tibhar Stratus Powerdefence
Butterfly Matsushita Pro

All these blades have the same Anigre outer plies.

DEF THEM ALL wrote:
Victas koji matsushita 83g
Victas koji matsushita defensive 81g
TSP Balsa 4.5 FITTER 78g
TSP Balsa 3.5 DEF+ 72g
TSP Balsa 3.5 DEF+ 68g
Joola Chen Weixing 83g
Donic defplay senso classic 70g
Donic defplay senso 78g
Xiom Aigis 88g
Tibhar Stratus Powerdefense 82g
Butterfly Matsushita Pro 81g
Butterfly Matsushita Pro 80g

all ST

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2015, 19:49 

yes anigre those 3

Tibhar Stratus Powerdefence is s*** dont try it...

but Matsushita Pro Model and Defplay is good blades
i played with MPM for 6years, i play defplay now, defplay is a littlebit slower (-10% speed)
and littlebit lower throw (but still high becuse of hard anigre outer ply)
defply and MPM have very very good spin potential but you have less dwel time when you loop or chop
thats mean i not recommend 0.5mm longpimple with this blades because less control sure you have littlebit more reserval (because hard outer ply) but not worth it.

my setup 162-164g this my optimal racket weight.

i ply now:
Donic Defplay Senso 78g
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9mm 50g
TSP P1R 1mm 32g
+4g grip (because defplay have to thin handle for me)

BE WATER MY FRIEND

http://youtu.be/PxlIraEV8n4
http://youtu.be/3rsNPWnI64k
http://youtu.be/bZQx3Op4_oY

Blade: THE "MADAFAKA" DONIC DEFPLAY SENSO
FH: Victas V>01 2mm
BH: TSP P1R 1.0-1.3

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2015, 22:15 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Here's my list of defensive blades:

Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk: 98g
Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk: 100g
Butterfly Defence Pro: 98g
Butterfly Defence II (silver tag): 96g
Butterfly Defence Alpha (black tag): 95g
Butterfly Cutlass (silver tag): 90g
Butterfly Matsushita Powerdefence: 100g
Butterfly Matsushita Pro (black tag): 84g
Butterfly Grubba Variant All- (old version): 88g

Donic Defplay Senso: 84g
Donic Defplay Senso: 84g

Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive: 91g
Victas Koji Matsushita: 88g

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 08:55 

Blade: Yinhe T 11+
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z1
BH: Stiga Mantra H
Howdy, just joined the forum today.
This topic on blades' weights is very useful and proven to be very popular (by the number of postings and dating all the way back to 2010). I hope this thread would be kept constantly updated without stopping as the data is always evolving.
Here are some observations:
1) Weight measures should be as accurate as possible otherwise we may be wrongly blaming manufacturing inconsistencies.
2) Some entries did not state the type of handle, which render the measurement not so meaningful.
3) The date of the latest update for the Master List should be stated. Thank you so much, the_theologian for your great effort.
4) Even when manufacturers could not maintain the 'same' weight for each type of blade (I suspect due to the materials used) this weight list is still very helpful as a good guide. However the extreme readings should be rejected e.g. 45g or 110g for a blade which 'averages' 85g.
Appreciates all your great updates and contributions, guys.

Should there also be a weight list for rubbers? In this case the weight and dimensions (length and width) of the uncut rubber sheet should be stated. Would this rubbers' weight list be useful at all? I think so.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 09:03 

Sorry, I omitted to mention 1 main point i.e.
Why can't the average weight be provided by the manufacturer, including the tolerances +/- ??gms. Surely this is an easy and straight forward information to provide and surely, we as consumers can demand this information.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015, 21:18 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

lionto wrote:

Should there also be a weight list for rubbers? In this case the weight and dimensions (length and width) of the uncut rubber sheet should be stated. Would this rubbers' weight list be useful at all? I think so.

Hi & welcome! There already is a thread about rubber weight: viewtopic.php?t=1128

lionto wrote:
Why can't the average weight be provided by the manufacturer, including the tolerances +/- ??gms. Surely this is an easy and straight forward information to provide and surely, we as consumers can demand this information.

That would indeed be useful information, but I think in general most customers aren't really concerned about the exact blade weight. And besides, I've seen some crazy ranges, f.e. Victas Koji Matsushita from 82g to 94g or JSH from 92g to 104g.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015, 01:57 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

lionto wrote:

The Chinese do. Or at least, Eacheng does. See:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shi ... 30858.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2015, 05:28 

Pipsy wrote:
lionto wrote:

That would indeed be useful information, but I think in general most customers aren't really concerned about the exact blade weight. And besides, I've seen some crazy ranges, f.e. Victas Koji Matsushita from 82g to 94g or JSH from 92g to 104g.

Yes, I supposed many players are not concerned about many things. In fact most social players I know would just be satisfied with any blade they started with. But if they realize that proper selection of equipment can help them improve and therefore enjoy the game more many would take up the game more seriously - for the benefit of TT (and the TT market as a whole).

If the crazy ranges are the norm then it show the manufacturer may not have control over quality. But if it is the norm in the entire industry then perhaps these are probably the two reasons why manufacturer's did not bothered with the extra details/information.

Hope manufacturer's would realize this soon and be more proactive in promoting their own equipment. I for one would definitely choose products I am more certain about.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 27  Next