OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Make your own blade
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2016, 01:50 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

bobpuls wrote:
Really good looking blade with the zebrano as outer veneer , but Zebrano or zebrawood is pretty hard wood ... or ?
i`m using it mostly on the handles.... but mayebe someone want this stiff wood at top ply
For instance i`m using wenge ass top ply on my blade (which is even harder then zebrano ) and i feel i do not have such a great contact so i`m going for softer woods ... all around 800 Janka hardness
for my Head Coach im just making a new blade according his specifications for one side to be defend and second attacking
one side poplar on 6mm balsa core , then Carbon and mahogany and zebrano for the handles.
I have created video from the gluing process so maybe i can put it on the Youtube.
But anyway ....
what are you using for sealing the blade ?

Keep continuing ..
Robert

There seems to be this trend (at least among top Chinese players and Stiga, which supplies them) to use hard hardwoods as outer plies - rosewood and ebony come to mind. Stiga makes the ebony Ebenholz blades in 5 and 7 ply, the 7 ply is a Clipper with ebony outer plies. Aside from Stiga, there's a bunch of copycat Chinese blades. I suppose Zebrawood would be similar.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2016, 02:04 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

bobpuls wrote:
OK here is video of my gluing process of composite blade ... It is simple blade but it is according a customer requirements.

Very interesting. What's the resin you're using for wetting out the carbon layer? And what are the face plies? The first glue you use - is it water based? When I tried water based glue on veneer face plies (rather than my usual 3-ply birch plywood) the whole thing would curl up into a cylinder! I ended up wetting the opposite side first before applying the glue.

What are you using for the two stiff boards in your clamping setup? I used 3/4" shelf particle board, wasn't always sure it wasn't going to warp once pressure was applied.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 May 2016, 17:16 

iskandar taib wrote:
bobpuls wrote:
OK here is video of my gluing process of composite blade ... It is simple blade but it is according a customer requirements.

Very interesting. What's the resin you're using for wetting out the carbon layer? And what are the face plies? The first glue you use - is it water based? When I tried water based glue on veneer face plies (rather than my usual 3-ply birch plywood) the whole thing would curl up into a cylinder! I ended up wetting the opposite side first before applying the glue.

What are you using for the two stiff boards in your clamping setup? I used 3/4" shelf particle board, wasn't always sure it wasn't going to warp once pressure was applied.

Iskandar

i`m using CHS EPOXY 324 resin.
here it was 3-ply poplar first and mahogany top.
And yes the first glue is water based . When i`m gluing 5 ply and more veneers together i`m gluing them in steps because it is curling like you have wrote. But i prefer to use waterbased glue because it gives more feel into the blade . resin i`m using only when carbon or aramid is applied.
i`m using 2cm thick high polished steel and it is better because now i do not have be careful about the pressure and i it is always perfectly flat. With shelf particle board i have sometimes used to much force and the blade was not entirely flat which was not good.
I`m preparing a new video where i will show more techniques how to glue thin layers of veneers together in multiple steps.

And i find a very good shop for veneers and one good for core woods .
here is the one for veneers
https://veneer-world.com/B2C/Search/All
and here are two for the core woods
http://www.modellbau-classic.de/de/category-4/
http://arkowood-shop.com/Hoelzer/Holzbr ... x-1000-mm/

for the core wood i personally like most the "red cedar"

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2016, 00:19 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
so, i found this chart by accident, maybe will be informative for someone...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2016, 16:49 

Anyone can ship internationally? I am really eager to test 1 or 2 blades

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 20:04 

I can but it cost many ;-)
And i will do new blades but they will be done early next year .... I`m now out from home for longer time but everything is prepared and i will do 6+ blades where two of them will not have customer.
But there can wary the price for the shipping a lot.
Which country are you from ?

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 21:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

111Iceman111 wrote:
so, i found this chart by accident, maybe will be informative for someone...

Darn! I can't read it! If you have it on paper can you scan it again at a higher resolution?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 21:52 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Google words: wood+janka

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2016, 23:24 
Super User

^^^what he said:)

but how you cant read that? :o

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 15:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janka_hardness_test

Australian Buloke blades, anyone?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 21:56 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janka_hardness_test

Australian Buloke blades, anyone?

Iskandar

Built for Ox LP Max Spin Reversal TM :party:

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2016, 22:20 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
For max reversal effect with LP OSX i tried 1 mount ago: Nittaku Goriki (not Super Drive)
Monster Blade... but so expensive...
I tried with Sauer & Troger Hellfire OSX
:l:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2016, 10:35 
Super User

and, was it? :)

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2017, 07:03 

here is new video of gluing another blade ....

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 19:21 

I got me 2 pieces of 5mm balsa so I decided to build a blade instead of buying that N-11 that has been eluding me ever since iskandar it suggested it to me.

Now, outside of our house are old plywood pieces that have been under the weather for so long that they have been delaminated or de- plied or de- veneered :lol: . The dark looking veneers looked useable and they may be lauan :lol: Since the veneers are a bit thick, I will glue the first layers to the balsa, let dry for a day, sand a bit to reduce thickness, and glue the final layers(for a 5 ply) and leave it to dry clamped for a week. 6.5 to 7mm is what I hope the final thickness will be. Is that a good procedure? I have a hot press that I use in tshirt printing, is there a use for it during the drying process? And what speed should I expect the blade to be :lol:

Edit: The plank got warped a bit in places so I'm thinking of cutting the blade shape first from the part less affected by the warp, sand it to thickness and then glue the veneers on. Will that present a problem? The veneers are naturally curved, will they not affect the base ply? My concern is warpage after the glue have set. I got so many questions :lol:

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

All decked with DHS H3Neo
and Yinhe Moon! I'm cured from low-level EJ'ying!

On to the next TT journey!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 41  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!