OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Aria VS Amadeus
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 10:31 

Please I need help choosing between the 2 blades. I have a very chinese oriented FH and am currently using the KORBEL SK7 and would want any of these 2 as my backup blade. Which one would be much closely related?

There arent much info but any info i can get would suffice

Thanks guys!

Post subject: Re: Aria VS Amadeus
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 16:22 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Isn't the Aria a 5 ply and the Amadeus a 7 ply?

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2010, 23:57 

Yes that is correct Silver. I dont know much about these two blades other than rokphish's reviews on them. Other than that i want something that is similar to my current blade and would not be too slow or too fast.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 00:11 
I am Legend
I am Legend

iirc the aria is a thickish 5ply - limba top, spruce and a thickish core. Fairly springy, soft feel with good stability but possibly lacking in feedback.

The Amadeus is a 7 ply hinoki topped blade - thinner overall than the aria. Looking at my amadeus, it has 3 even thickness limba (i think) core plies all orientated the same direction (north-south). these are covered by 2 more plies of the same material orientated 90 degrees from the core(east-west) and a very thin hinoki top running north/south. It reminds me of the persson powerplay with a softer top. Probably a bit faster than that one too.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2010, 08:00 

Which one would you recommend Silver? Consider style of play

Also what does the Sharp decsription for touch play on the Amadeus mean?

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 03:19 
Horse Hockey!

I switched about 3 months ago from the Amadeus to a Jazz. The Amadeus is relatively stiff and probably about OFF-. For my skill level (~1000 USATT) I wanted less stiffness and more control and the ALL+ Jazz gives me that. I think that is what Ziom is referring to when it talks about "sharpness."

Both of these blades feel almost identical in the hand, i.e., weight and balance wise (the Amadeus is about 6-10g heavier). I really like the Amadeus and plan on moving back to it later when my skill improves. Of course, the rubber used will make a significant difference too. Since I don't know your skill level, you can take this info for what it's worth. :)

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 06:22 

Any info i can get ahold of is great. Thanks for sharing your experiences it is greatly appreciated. I just recently purchased the Amadeus so that ends this topic forum.

Thanks to your info, I wont regret anything from purchasing the blade now since i perfer stiff blades. :up:

What kind of rubbers did you pair them up with?

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2010, 10:14 
Horse Hockey!

mon22 wrote:
Any info i can get ahold of is great. Thanks for sharing your experiences it is greatly appreciated. I just recently purchased the Amadeus so that ends this topic forum.

Thanks to your info, I wont regret anything from purchasing the blade now since i perfer stiff blades. :up:

What kind of rubbers did you pair them up with?

Xiom Jazz
DHS G666 2.2 black fh
DHS PF4 2.0 red bh

On the Amadeus I have Haifu Shark II 2.0 red on the bh. I'm trying that same rubber now on my Jazz to replace the PF4 which is quite slow. But for learning the bh loop stroke the PF4 was great. The Shark II is kind of like Sriver EL with just a hint of tack and a lot cheaper. For the forehand I keep going back to the little known DHS G666. But I've also used Hurricane 3 NEO on both the Amadeus and Jazz and I like it but just not quite enough control for me at this point. I like harder sponges for some reason and that might not always go well with a stiffer blade unless one is more skilled than I am.

But the Amadeus is a beautiful and extremely well-made blade. And I want to mention that the Amadeus and Jazz (and their siblings) have the most comfortable handle of any bat I've held in my hand. I think you will be very happy.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 06:35 

Thanks cyber1 for giving the assurance that i have made a good investment on my purchase.

Btw we have the same preference in our equipment
cyber1call wrote:
I like harder sponges for some reason

I have only had 1 blade which is my sk7 and it is rated pretty stiff. I get plenty control on my FH w. a harder sponge on a stiff blade rather than a softer one. But for BH def. softer for control.

I am actually contemplating whether trying H3 NEO for my FH would be a good idea since i am doing extremely well with my current G888 rubber.
Is it just much faster compared to your G666? How big was the difference?

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2010, 08:03 
Horse Hockey!

I'd say if the G666 is a 5 on the speed meter that the H3 NEO would be an 8. Now for ME, the difference is more a loss of feel on the touch shots than on hard hits or loops...especially so on the Amadeus which is stiffer and faster than the Jazz.

For the backhand, you might try Bty Roundell which is only med-hard and non-tacky. I tried that on the Amadeus, but found it a bit too bouncy and fast for me. But if you like something a bit softer but still lots of power, that might be an option. I'm still in the learning stage of TT so fast rubber is not what I need right now. Your game will be different of course.