OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 10:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016, 17:41 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Have anyone tried this blade? Or the normal size version?

I've wanted to try a Spinlord blade for a while, as well as an off- carbon oversized blade, simply for curiosity and the EJ collection hehe. It seems like this blade might cross both of those off the bucket list.

Last edited by auzcar on 11 Apr 2016, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2016, 21:52 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

I've tried this blade now for a couple of sessions and I like it more than expected. Usually I don't like the numb feel of carbon blades but this is the most "woody" carbon blade I've tried which is a plus. It's not super fast, I would say OFF-, jjst a tad faster than the Joo Se Hyuk. Quite soft feel for a carbon blade and very good control, I felt really confident in my defence actually. Chop-blocking is very nice, it doesn't catapult the ball and with a bit of feeling it's quite easy to block short. This was actually the stroke I liked the most.

FH worked so so for me, I'm used to Defplay + Rakza atm and that combo has a ridiculously high throw, so basically whatever combo I triy it takes a long while for me to adjust, but it still worked better than usual.

It's a really nice blade, I don't think it's it for me since I feel the Defplay suits my FH better but I'm gonna give it a few more sessions.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2016, 22:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I noticed that there is a smaller lighter version with the same composition and they state that this is faster than the def version and it puzzles me how the def version can be slower when it is heavier,perhaps more flex?

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2016, 23:01 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Auzcar, don't you have any players in your surroundings that plays with Stiga Carbonado that you could try? I reallt think it would suite you.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2016, 23:19 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
Auzcar, don't you have any players in your surroundings that plays with Stiga Carbonado that you could try? I reallt think it would suite you.

Not that I know of, no. It might, but I've tried to move to smaller, normal sized, blades and for whatever reason they feel a bit different which I've had a hard time getting used to.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2016, 23:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
auzcar wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Not that I know of, no. It might, but I've tried to move to smaller, normal sized, blades and for whatever reason they feel a bit different which I've had a hard time getting used to.

It is one of the most used blade now... I thought it would be difficult to move from VKM to Joo to DMS Destroyer and then to a light and fadt carbon blade but it has been a rather easy transition. But I guess that I have completely changed style helped :)

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2016, 23:51 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
auzcar wrote:

It is one of the most used blade now... I thought it would be difficult to move from VKM to Joo to DMS Destroyer and then to a light and fadt carbon blade but it has been a rather easy transition. But I guess that I have completely changed style helped :)

Yeah, the anti makes the feeling pretty different anyways hehe. To be honest the Spinlord blade is actually pretty spot on in terms of what I've wanted to try, a softish oversized carbon blade, it's just that the Defplay has such and unique feel that everything I try will feel very different. I do think that a switch to this or a similar blade with higher stiffness, faster speed and harder surface compared to the Defplay would be benficial for me in the long run. It's mostly a matter of committing since I think it could take at least a year before I start reaping the benefits.

Last edited by auzcar on 12 Apr 2016, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2016, 21:56 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

After a few more sessions with this blade and a revisit to the Joo Se Hyuk blade I have to say the the Ultra Carbon Def is quite clearly the faster blade, the difference is very noticeable. The UCD is bouncier/livelier, harder, stiffer and faster, it feels a bit like I'd imagine an oversized Boll ALC would feel. I'm pretty happy with it, it's a lot faster than what I'm used to which requires some adjustments, especially on the BH. My FH is starting to feel really good with the H3 (love that I can use this rubber again) and it feels good that my biggest weapon is starting to come out of hiding again haha.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2016, 13:40 

Pretty nice overall. Mid/high end of OFF-. Blade is on the stiffer side and retains decent feel despite the carbon which provides some nice reinforcement but is not overdoing it here. Good control relative to the speed level.

Last edited by Eric Fountain on 03 Aug 2018, 09:51, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 16:01 
Super User

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2016, 21:29 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
Going to test the blade today with T05 and Sanwei Code 0.5. Blade has nice rounded handle at the bottom. In first bounce tests it feels faster and number feeling than Joola CWX.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2016, 17:59 
Super User

I have now played couple of times with SUCD. Carbon certainly makes for different feel. It is noticeably lighter than my CWX, even with oversize rubbers from CWX. I wish it would be bit heavier.

BH speed is up from 3 to 4. Overall BH feels good. Chops are more of fast floating type, but with CWX chops are more of slow up bouncing kind.

FH has certainly less dwell time. I think I have to use different tecnique for some loops, pushing and especially fishing. SUCD is less spinny and also less spin sensitive because of less dwell. It might be that SUCD rewards more forward going loops with dood speed. I have to abandon a bit my wristy pushing and wristy fishind, as the ball leaves before I can make my wristy magic. :lol:

I might try ox pips and maybe Hurricane type of rubber on the FH.

Auzcar says it's definately faster than JHS, Eric says he would be surprised it were faster. I can't be sure of the speed difference, because JHS is lot heavier blade

Here is interesting video...

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2016, 18:07 
Super User

I quite like the blade and the easy speed it offers. I also tried my Defplay after long break and the flex and dwell were just too much after carbon... :lol: Blocking with Defplay was not pleasant, as balls were shot towards the roof.

SUCD is at best when blocking and fast looping. Direction is very good and block go back insted of roof. I tried T64 and liked it a lot, ball sunk better to the rubber than with T05. Fishing and blocking feeled nice and loops had lots of juice. However, lot of balls just fly long, the spin speed ratio is wrong for me to loop from close distance.

I tried the blade with CC ox and Palio 531 0.5. The CC didn't work at all, the bounce was high and feeling was bad. Palio is a mixed bag. There were nice fast floater chops and fast attacks, but there is something in the pips structure, that grips the ball a lot suddenly. In most shots Palio is very slippery, but then you take spinny ball from certain angle and the rubbers grips a lot. Rolling was not as consistend as with CODE. Maybe I try Viper ox today... EDIT: Viper was good match with SUCD. :up:

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2020, 14:13 

I have been playing with this again as I can't move so well and want to stay at the table (foot fracture recovery) - certainly on the stiffer side which helps it play well there. Solid OFF-, inner layer helps retain some feel compared to other carbon overkill out there. I wanted to point out that the one I am using (in ST) is just 83g which may be on the lighter side. I would not be surprised if those of you finding it very fast have more like 90g or something - that doesn't sound good to me.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!