OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2014, 05:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re-Impact Tachi Review
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 23:14 

Test-setup: Tachi meduim-sized ST / FH: Hexer Duro 2.1 / BH: Grass D.Tecs OX

Reference-setup: Nittaku Shake Defence Carbon / FH: Tenergy 64 1.7 / BH: Grass D.Tecs OX

Test-impressions: Since I already tested a large-sized Tachi and did not get along with the high weight caused by the blade's size (blade is so HUGE so that some regular rubbers are too small to fit on it !) I had already considered of not testing the medium-sized Tachi at all and just send it back to Achim Rendler. Thank God I changed my mind. The racket with the mentioned setup was pure fun to play with right away even though I was concerned that the 2.1-Hexer-Duro would be way to fast for me.

FH: Lots of people who played the Tachi complained about the low speed of the Tachi's-FH-Side, but with the 2.1 Andro Hexer-Duro it is very well-balanced both in speed and spin. The short game above the table and the topspin-oriented play are very controlled with this blade. I was really amazed that I could play 3 or 4 topspins in a row even though i am everything else but known to be a topspin-monster (usually a 2nd topspin „happens“ to me every once in a while but a 3rd or 4th topspin are usually off-limits for me !). Blocks on topspins are nicely quick and low, which puts the opponent under additional pressure. If your opponent serves you a high ball you actually have „work“ for the deadly shot.

BH: With the Tibhar Grass D.Tecs the Tachi is „The Spawn of Meanness“ (remark: I never played frictionless LPs … maybe those were even meaner !). Blocked balls get nasty, short and low back on the other side of the table. Chopped topspins are a blast: Really spinny and nasty arcs.
All my opponents were swearing about wobbling balls and complained about facts like: „The ball just stopps in the air!“ or „It suddenly just drops down !“
Let's put it this way: If the opponent just swears enough the LP-Player must have done everything right ;-)

Serving: Spinny and tricky serves are usually my „main weapon“. At first I tended to be way too cautious, because I needed time to get used to the thicker rubber. With the thin Tenergy64 on the Nittaku blade I was used to a more direct contact to the blade. Later during the training-session i got used to the thicker rubber and could serve with the usual strength.

Comclusion: The Tachi is definitly my new blade … there is not much more to say ;-) It's just fun to play with it !

Blade: Re-Impact Tachi | FH: Andro Hexer Duro 2.1mm| BH: D.Tecs Ox

Always testing:

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense Carbon | FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64 1.7mm| BH: D.Tecs OX
Blade: Yinhe Speer | FH: Donic Akkadi Taichi 2.0mm| BH: D.Tecs Ox
Blade: Yinhe Speer | FH: Friendship SP Transcend 2.0mm| BH: D.Tecs Ox

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 23:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks a lot for a great review NetzKanteWeg!

I've been meaning to post some picture of this blade, so I might take the opportunity to add them to this thread:

Front (faster side):

Back:

My Clearance sale