OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re-Impact Tachi Review
PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 23:14 

Test-setup: Tachi meduim-sized ST / FH: Hexer Duro 2.1 / BH: Grass D.Tecs OX

Reference-setup: Nittaku Shake Defence Carbon / FH: Tenergy 64 1.7 / BH: Grass D.Tecs OX

Test-impressions: Since I already tested a large-sized Tachi and did not get along with the high weight caused by the blade's size (blade is so HUGE so that some regular rubbers are too small to fit on it !) I had already considered of not testing the medium-sized Tachi at all and just send it back to Achim Rendler. Thank God I changed my mind. The racket with the mentioned setup was pure fun to play with right away even though I was concerned that the 2.1-Hexer-Duro would be way to fast for me.

FH: Lots of people who played the Tachi complained about the low speed of the Tachi's-FH-Side, but with the 2.1 Andro Hexer-Duro it is very well-balanced both in speed and spin. The short game above the table and the topspin-oriented play are very controlled with this blade. I was really amazed that I could play 3 or 4 topspins in a row even though i am everything else but known to be a topspin-monster (usually a 2nd topspin „happens“ to me every once in a while but a 3rd or 4th topspin are usually off-limits for me !). Blocks on topspins are nicely quick and low, which puts the opponent under additional pressure. If your opponent serves you a high ball you actually have „work“ for the deadly shot.

BH: With the Tibhar Grass D.Tecs the Tachi is „The Spawn of Meanness“ (remark: I never played frictionless LPs … maybe those were even meaner !). Blocked balls get nasty, short and low back on the other side of the table. Chopped topspins are a blast: Really spinny and nasty arcs.
All my opponents were swearing about wobbling balls and complained about facts like: „The ball just stopps in the air!“ or „It suddenly just drops down !“
Let's put it this way: If the opponent just swears enough the LP-Player must have done everything right ;-)

Serving: Spinny and tricky serves are usually my „main weapon“. At first I tended to be way too cautious, because I needed time to get used to the thicker rubber. With the thin Tenergy64 on the Nittaku blade I was used to a more direct contact to the blade. Later during the training-session i got used to the thicker rubber and could serve with the usual strength.

Comclusion: The Tachi is definitly my new blade … there is not much more to say ;-) It's just fun to play with it !

Blade: Re-Impact Tachi | FH: Andro Hexer Duro 2.1mm| BH: D.Tecs Ox

Always testing:

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense Carbon | FH: Butterfly Tenergy 64 1.7mm| BH: D.Tecs OX
Blade: Yinhe Speer | FH: Donic Akkadi Taichi 2.0mm| BH: D.Tecs Ox
Blade: Yinhe Speer | FH: Friendship SP Transcend 2.0mm| BH: D.Tecs Ox

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2010, 23:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks a lot for a great review NetzKanteWeg!

I've been meaning to post some picture of this blade, so I might take the opportunity to add them to this thread:

Front (faster side):

Back:

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 05:21 

Blade: Sauer&Troger Unicorn
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z1 Turbo
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS
At last my Tachi blade arrived from Germany and yesterday I had a chance to try it out with D.TecS OX and Tenergy 05 1.9
I was not able to block/chop-block a single more or less fast topspin. The ball was going anywhere but on the other side of the table

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2019, 18:32 
Manufacturer: RE-IMPACT

Location: Lembruch Dumber lake, Diepholz, Lower Saxony, Germany
the new tachi 2019 is a new development, which was derived from the new m3 select about 5 weeks ago. i wanted to derive this universal wood for all users and the first try was a direct hit. the new tachi is a wood of the golden mean and was derived and developed for the new absball.

It captivates by its harmonious play, where tempo and ball control are one and support each other perfectly. the balls have to be played about 30 cm before the baseline if possible and they have to be so fast that the opponent can't change the playing position any more. then the balls arrive with very good effet and US, without leaving the table on spin and the opponent has enormous difficulties to find his own game.

the new Tachi is the hammer among the brand new woods. From a technical point of view, it is a wood that can be played freely from table tennis beginners to the association class. And it is always safe to play, because the RH can be passively coordinated and has a safe block game in all situations.
It is simply fun to play with it.

the new Tachi can already be ordered on our online page or at Luna & Alex, because there are only few technical data changes in the description. Only the new wood will be delivered. Otherwise all previously mentioned game functions will be fully preserved. They are supplemented by a very safe handling and block game.
The new Tachi 2019 will soon be published on the photo. Its technical specifications only change in the strength of the club, which was a bit thinner before. The new construction must have a total thickness of ~ 12 mm to be played successfully.
regards, Achim

PS:
here is the link for the noppentestforum, where already test reports about the new tachi 2019 are published. Under the thread 4olaf you can see the photos of the new wood.

http://noppentest.de/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 797aa24e9a

The shipping to Australia is done with a value letter, the cheapest form of shipping with 3-4 weeks very long, whereby still the production time is added, since all orders are built only after receipt of order. If you want it faster, you can also have your order shipped as a postal parcel or express parcel. However, if you do this, you will have to pay an additional 50 or up to 100 € for shipping.

your recommendation. mailto://[email protected]/ http://www.re-impact.de/

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2019, 19:03 

Please do not be irritated, because the Tachi Plus lens is located in the wood. I presented this new wood for the first time with a Tachi Plus lens. In the course of the test this was corrected to the normal Tachi.

https://www.retail-service.de/bilder/tachi1.jpg

Since the new Tachi is also used by me as anniversary wood, the new wood is available at the old basic price. My first development, the air chamber system, was "protected as a utility model" in Germany in 1999. In November 1999, the Inventors' Centre North Germany supported another patent and process application for the first development of the Re-Impuls technology. I had passed on the commercial rights to this invention and sold it to the licensee in 2002. Then my brother and I took up our new joint development, the Re-Impact technology, in further patent applications and produced it ourselves. My late brother Eugen is still involved in my success, because without his mature technical ideas there would be no re-impact-productions..

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2019, 22:35 

Achim:

On behalf of those who have the older Tachis (I have 4), am curious whether it is possible for you to modify these older versions to the new Tachi 2019 and at what cost. Suspect not but still worth the question. Good reviews.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2019, 06:13 

epictetus wrote:
Achim:

On behalf of those who have the older Tachis (I have 4), am curious whether it is possible for you to modify these older versions to the new Tachi 2019 and at what cost. Suspect not but still worth the question. Good reviews.

The Tachi or Tachi Plus of 2010 is only playable for the ABS ball if you play it the other way around; so backhand becomes forehand and forehand = backhand, incisions at the bottom. You can make a change to the plastic ball or ABS ball in the new setting of the KSLS system and make it playable by completely filling the first and the lowest notch with balsa wood and stabilizing it. Only the two middle notches remain open without restriction.
By the play in the 2 play level the Tachi becomes also altogether faster and more directly in the forehand, while the backhand becomes now conventionally playable. The only problem is that the cut and spin factor is lower, but still better than other classic racquets. Unfortunately, the lower spin factor also reduces the cut reversal of the wood, so that the balls can ascend faster with minor technical errors and are no longer braked sufficiently in the backhand. The result is that the block behaviour of the new ABSBall is now also less safe because it behaves like a smooth long pimple. Therefore the new Tachi 2019 follows.

The new Tachi features advanced re-impact technology. The kinetic energy in the natural capillaries of the wood (sponge character of the balsa wood) is pressed "like into an artificial vacuum" in order to double or even triple the existing natural air currents within the shortest time by air friction during ball contact. In this way, the rolling resistance of the ball on the wood itself can be increased, since the guide shafts run similar to an earthquake return wave. An object is pulled together, stretched and relieved by sound waves and the vacuum effect. How exactly this happens remains my trade secret. But I can assure you that it actually works. On the new Tachi 19 I extend the warranty period to 2 years, as there is no long-term test yet and the new competition wood is only 5 weeks old.

to your questions

I can only make the old Tachi playable for the ABSBall, but I cannot adjust them to the new Tachi 19. Of course this is not possible, because the new wood has completely different layers and veneers.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2019, 08:14 

Excellent, Achim. Fully understood. Not to complicate matters but I need your advice. As a left-hander using the Old "right handed" Tachi, I just reversed the KSLS incisions downward in my palm. Kees and I checked with you and you felt that left handers using it this way with the celluloid ball would have no problem, ie the difference would be slight. Now, with the ABS ball, you are recommending the right-handers put the KSLS incisions at the bottom, etc. What, therefore, should left-handers do with the ABS balls and the Old Tachi, eg put the incisions at the top?

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2019, 20:47 

epictetus wrote:
Excellent, Achim. Fully understood. Not to complicate matters but I need your advice. As a left-hander using the Old "right handed" Tachi, I just reversed the KSLS incisions downward in my palm. Kees and I checked with you and you felt that left handers using it this way with the celluloid ball would have no problem, ie the difference would be slight. Now, with the ABS ball, you are recommending the right-handers put the KSLS incisions at the bottom, etc. What, therefore, should left-handers do with the ABS balls and the Old Tachi, eg put the incisions at the top?

Well, that's wonderful. You have the best for it, if you turn the wood 180 °, because you play it then again in the 1st game level. The wood becomes more indirect from the stop, but has catapult behaviour, because the direct active character of the wood makes the forehand softer.
And we need a faster stroke in order to be able to make the new ball more dangerously; just so that the opponent cannot adjust his playing position and is constantly running, because the player always stands so unfavourably to the ball.

The problem remains, now, the backhand, which is conventional play, but no longer dampens so strongly with long pimples. The opponent will find a good way to get me into trouble. It is logical! "If your opponent can play against material, he plays without tempo and short and lets you open the game. That is actually always the big danger with the long pimple player to be able to keep the ball flat and dangerously short.
If you play the ball too high, you will be shot immediately in the backhand, because your opponent hopes that you cannot bring the blockball on the table. That's how I would think and playto spare my strength.
That's why I applied a damping layer directly behind the 8 mm layer of the new tachi and then let the backhand cover follow. The hard outer veneer with the combined softer bottom layer lets the catapult behaviour increase quite clearly. The ball behavior remains flat.

The successful balancing act consists in achieving the decoupled backhand with very tension-free veneers in order to be able to use fewer layers of wood than usual in combination. This makes the wood inexpensive to produce individually, as re-impact woods can only be produced individually due to the system.
The high warranty guarantee has become a standard for me, because I sell many custom-made products at Re-Impact, because everyone wants to have the best for themselves. Since my sales to the direct customers are all set after purchase after test option, no customer buys with me "proverbially" the cat in the bag.

In order to obtain these conditions of purchase, the customer in Germany must obtain advice from me in order to minimize my risk of incorrect operation.

Of course, such a form of sale is not possible abroad, because I have no legal authority there to collect debts. But one can always talk to me if something is perceived differently in order to create a solution. In most cases the wrong rubbers are used or the own ball technique is not right to produce enough spin.
I can recommend all this as I had been working as a basic trainers in clubs for 35 years.

Conclusion:

The old model only comes close to the new one in the front side but the backhand will become the real problem. Here I can not dampen the block behavior more, because the new ball simply bounces higher and we need much more power to guide this ball. The advantage of the new wood is also the active side on both sides despite the dampening backhand layer.

I hope that my technical English will be sufficient to make me understand. Many thanks, Achim

Last edited by achim on 21 Jan 2019, 06:46, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2019, 01:15 

Achim:

Had to re-read your reply to get the flavor of the response. One of those times when I wish Kees were in the middle of the German-English language maelstrom. Nevertheless, your conclusion makes it very clear that on the old Tachis the forehand is about the same but backhand blocks suffer from the higher bounce of the ABS balls. Understood. Would appear, therefore, that for old Tachi (Dr. N. Titan) players, the way to neutralize the backhand problem is via a change in their bh long pips. Having experimented with more than a dozen lp, have seen that the difference between them with the ABS ball is notable. My long time GD Cropcircles, for example, has now been replaced. Thank you again for being an active member of the forum and keeping us up-to-date on Re-Impact changes.

Richard

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2019, 06:25 

epictetus wrote:
Achim:

Had to re-read your reply to get the flavor of the response. One of those times when I wish Kees were in the middle of the German-English language maelstrom. Nevertheless, your conclusion makes it very clear that on the old Tachis the forehand is about the same but backhand blocks suffer from the higher bounce of the ABS balls. Understood. Would appear, therefore, that for old Tachi (Dr. N. Titan) players, the way to neutralize the backhand problem is via a change in their bh long pips. Having experimented with more than a dozen lp, have seen that the difference between them with the ABS ball is notable. My long time GD Cropcircles, for example, has now been replaced. Thank you again for being an active member of the forum and keeping us up-to-date on Re-Impact changes.

Richard

I am interested in a good word of mouth and only it replaces unnecessary advertising campaigns, which in my opinion have no use anyway.
So it is also in my interest to inform you about a new problem in time. Only in this way can "everything I write" make sense. I am interested that "you" have fun. Table tennis must be fun, always!

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2019, 22:08 

Blade: homemade
FH: 729FX SuperSoft
BH: 729FX SuperSoft
Hi Achim, as I inspected this picture:

it seems to me that on the FH you used cork. Is that true?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 06:27 

adyy wrote:
Hi Achim, as I inspected this picture:

it seems to me that on the FH you used cork. Is that true?

no, the forehand is an ash veneer and the backhand has a veneer made woodof larch

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 15:33 

Blade: homemade
FH: 729FX SuperSoft
BH: 729FX SuperSoft
Thanks Achim!
Maybe you can post more pictures.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2019, 21:16 

adyy wrote:
Thanks Achim!
Maybe you can post more pictures.

How about a test wood that you can buy or give back to Luna & Alex after testing.

then please let me have your postal address by PN, thanks Achim

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!