OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Jul 2019, 15:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 19:08 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Hi Guys... Here is my review of this blade.

I wanted to try to get my game back too both side inverted and wanted to find a good and cheap setup for a double winged looper type of a game, and I have chosen all round speed to have good control with my game, plus it must be cheap!

http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php ... cts_id=872

I bought this blade from OOAK online shop as it's the best deal I can find... my ideal loopers blade needs to be under 6mm thickness, preferably 5ply and the weight has too be reasonable, 85g or under cause of the inverted rubber choice may cause it too be too heavy.

I live in Australia and it costed me $45 AUD... I will Pair it up with Palio Macro Era in 42.5deg MAX, but still waiting on my order from TTNPP, which costed me $23AUD per sheet since the AUD and USD is nearly equal.
In the mean time I am using Donic Platin soft 2mm for the FH and Donic Silver 2mm for BH.

Marketing Spiel -
TSP Reflex Combi Allround Table Tennis Blade
Characteristics:

•Speed (FH): 88
•Speed (BH): 85
•Control: 89
•Weight approx 85g
•Dimensions: 151mm (W) x 156mm (H)
•Thickness: 5.9mm
TSP Reflex-Combi ALL TSP blades with an elastic "dampening" layer only on one side allow players to have one side slightly harder and faster, and the other side softer (with dampening effect) and with more control. There have been many attempts to achieve this, for example by taking two different veneers or a different rubber strength. The TSP REFLEX-COMBI-System brings the ideal solution without any additional, often complicated, production techniques.

Hitting with it the blade does feel very solid, and I dont have much vibration at all... Hitting harder, there is still little vibration. The weight of the blade with both rubbers is on the "head heavy side", the size of the blade is smaller than normal size, and can be compared to andro size blade heads. I will post pics and from side on, it does look like that it has two carbon layers, the huge sweet spot does confirm that it is carbon and not another composite, like black cloth or colored ply. Also since it is a 2 speed blade, there is a layer of white material on the handle in the FH side... bouncing a ball on bothsides the BH is noticably slower.

There is some great advantages to this blade... blocking is ALL speed, and is I think same as any allround classic(without the vibration), the flex of the blade is very good, looping and loop drives works really well but smashing the throw is a little high, and smashing at a lower point is quite hard to adjust. I get most balls sailing long, but driving with it I have no problems. The power from using it's flex is enormous and can produce a much spinnier and faster loop when going for a attack, being passive. The speed is medium, perhaps slow too most inverted rubber users.

I think it is a better alternative to other blades I have used in the past which is rated all... blades like
Stiga Allround series
Galaxy U4
Bty ACB series
BTY KongLingHui

I has really good quality and finish, the handle is pre-sanded for a right hander and feel very comfortable to me ( I like to choke my blade up high). It's reasonable as it's under 6mm thickness and very comfortable to play on the table, issues of it being too slow may be a concern if you move too far back off but, besides that, it can have many gears.

Cheers

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 19:34 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

The Pictures I have taken...

"Notice the White layer material on the handle only"

"Notice the pre-sanded handle"

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2010, 19:47 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
Very nice review MM! I did not know you got this blade :oops: :lol:
I also wondered if the black layers were carbon, and it does look like they are, even though the description from TSP does not mention it.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2010, 16:39 
Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.7boosted
BH: 388d ox
i think the black layer is some kind of dampening cloth,i have a blade with similar construction(cito fitter def),the handles on these are some kind of synthetic soft feel material ,the most comfortable handle i have used.mine plays stiffer than stiga allround classic,defplay senso,slower than allround classic a little faster than defplay senso,very stable blades,good value for money

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2010, 20:18 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

yes it has a very good quality finsh too it and the handle is the best i have had from my experiences.

I have not used a pimple on it yet but the bh is slow so should be a good match for someone seeking a non balsa blade with slow properties for blocks. i have not used the CWX blade for quite a while but it does feel slower for fh than that.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 22:03 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Nice review, nice looking blade. I pick that you will be back to the dark side soon enough though. :devil:

I mucked around with my HK with 2 sides inverted (Proton XP and Omega II) the other night and started to get used to looping from BH after about 10 minutes. I think I could develop a good 2 sided inverted game generally if I stuck back with it, but when I went back to my normal combo setup it took another 5 minutes to make my strokes right again with it :lol: I don't think its good for your game to switch around, but it sure is fun!! ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 15:52 
Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.7boosted
BH: 388d ox
if your experimenting a lot i`d recommend to seal the blade,the plies started lifting a little on mine,no more problem after sealing

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:45 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Yes... I have sealed this blade with 2 tubes of superglue on the edges and have use donic water based varnish (3 layers) on the blade face.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2010, 18:47 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

I would like to add that this blade is perhaps on par on a stiga allround but with zero vibration, the handle is great but I know ST handles is a required taste.

Have received my Palio rubbers today and glueing them on now....

Monkey

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2011, 05:46 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

metal monkey wrote:
Hi Guys... Here is my review of this blade.

I wanted to try to get my game back too both side inverted and wanted to find a good and cheap setup for a double winged looper type of a game, and I have chosen all round speed to have good control with my game, plus it must be cheap!

http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php ... cts_id=872

I bought this blade from OOAK online shop as it's the best deal I can find... my ideal loopers blade needs to be under 6mm thickness, preferably 5ply and the weight has too be reasonable, 85g or under cause of the inverted rubber choice may cause it too be too heavy.

I live in Australia and it costed me $45 AUD... I will Pair it up with Palio Macro Era in 42.5deg MAX, but still waiting on my order from TTNPP, which costed me $23AUD per sheet since the AUD and USD is nearly equal.
In the mean time I am using Donic Platin soft 2mm for the FH and Donic Silver 2mm for BH.

[size=150]Marketing Spiel -
TSP Reflex Combi Allround Table Tennis Blade
Characteristics:

•Speed (FH): 88
•Speed (BH): 85
•Control: 89
•Weight approx 85g

MM, the speed diff of this blade between fh and bh doesn't seem to great, how much is the difference in your eyes? Or anyone elses? :?:

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2011, 01:17 

nice review all around

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012, 22:43 

metal monkey wrote:
I would like to add that this blade is perhaps on par on a stiga allround but with zero vibration, the handle is great but I know ST handles is a required taste.

Have received my Palio rubbers today and glueing them on now....

Monkey

Did you use this blade with DHS H2 or similar?? Was good??
Thank you.