OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Nexy Hannibal
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011, 15:04 
Super User

I have been intending to write a review of this blade for some time now.

My Style:
- Used to be a a short pip FH, long pip BH player. My best performance was achieved with the Nexy Hannibal, Express Ultra max on FH and Grass DTecs 1.2mm sponge on the BH. I tried to stay as close to the table as possible. When playing against good loopers my BH blocking would suffer so I had to take a few steps back to chop, which then rendered my short pip attacks useless since I was too far from the table.
Decided to go double inverted using Tibhar Sinus Alpha max on both sides.

I wasn't happy with the Hannibal blade because even though it did everything well, even with inverted rubbers, I could not keep pushes low over the net. So I tried Stiga clipper blade, which was great for pushing fast low trajectory balls. It was also very good at hitting, but since I had inverted rubbers I wanted to loop more, so my hitting technic was deteriorating. The clipper is also quite heavy (too heavy for me) when looping.

I then tried W-6 which is thought of as a good looping rubber and I must agree, at mid distance this is a loopers dream. Nice control. I used this blade for about a month or so, but something was bothering me. I am still not sure what it is, perhaps it is the feel. Anyways, I decided to go back to trying the Hannibal.

This is when I realised how good this blade is.
- Blocks are by far the best with this blade. (Notice I have been using the exact same rubbers on the clipper and the W-6)
- The blade being light, I can flick easily as well as loop away from the table.
- Excellent control and feel.

The reason I stopped using this blade in the first place was because my pushes were too high. This was my fault rather than the blades. Now that I have been using inverted rubbers for some time now my technic has been improving and so high pushes are no longer a problem.

I have been using the Hannibal for a good month or two now and am very satisfied. For a carbon blade it has beautiful feel, and the sweet spot is huge.
It is a good allrounder in the sense that you can do everything well with this blade, chop, loop, hit, block etc... I.e. it has no weaknesses.

The speed of this blade is about Off-.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Nexy Hannibal
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2011, 10:09 
Super User

Tried the Thor on the Hannibal and didn't really like it. I think the sponge is too hard for me. Must admit that the spin on the serves looked very impressive! but will stick with the Sinus Alpha for now.