OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 May 2011, 07:19 
More Block Than Bite

Sounds pretty good, I love a lower throw. Keep updating as you play more if you can, I am interested in this blade. Can't get anything new right now since I just made a few large purchases this week, but maybe in a few months...

Donic Defplay Senso | Yasaka Mark V 2.0 | SL Dornenglanz OX

Donic Defplay Senso | Butterfly Sriver | Testing

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2017, 01:35 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Have any of you recently tried out this blade?

I bought it for 22 bucks off TT11 because I needed $19 more to get free shipping and the volume discount.... which essentially means the blade cost was a net $8.

Just got it in assembled with Agenda 1.0mm and S&T Secret flow...

Haven't hit with it yet, for all I know it sucks, but it sure looks like one of the nicest blades I've ever seen construction-wise. Looks high quality especially when you compare it to other $20 blades; Aesthetically, this rivals any of the well-known name brands in terms of the eye-test and how it feels in the hand. Nice handle, great finish!

Can't wait to try it out... I haven't ever used Agenda or the Secret Flow, so looks like I wont' be able to compare it directly with any other blades, until I tear it apart and put another rubber on it :lol: . Nonetheless, I'll report back soon...

If I like it, maybe what I'll do is just buy a few since their so cheap and directly compare.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2017, 12:50 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
I have one in FL - got it because "why not, it's cheap, and I heard good things about it even though they did not have ST in stock". Have P4 1mm and old Baracuda 2mm sheet on it. It's pleasant, but I did not spend enough time with it to pass judgement. Definitely well made. Feels soft and muted (but that's subjective). FL handle feels wide and a bit difficult to twiddle with, but probably could adjust with more time.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2017, 12:45 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Just updating. I really like this blade, but the throw is so low It forced me to completely change my stroke. My Bh chop has enough technical issues as it is, and I didn’t want to further exacerbate it. But I would definitely recommend this blade for classic D. It’s as good as anything else really.

Very slow, high vibes, nice feel. Good quality. Weird that such a flexy blade would have such low throw, but it manages it somehow. Lowest ever.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2018, 16:45 
Super User

Hello,

I'm reviving this thread.... A year later, since the last post ...

Who's still using this blade ?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 01:40 
Super User

No one ?

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 01:44 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

ootbs wrote:
Hello,

I'm reviving this thread.... A year later, since the last post ...

Who's still using this blade ?

If you read closer, no one was really using it a year ago either. 'Japsican' already gave up on it because of 'low throw' since it mattered to him, and I tried it briefly and put it back on the shelf where it still sits. I might try it again, just for fun - never had LP in OX on it.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 04:22 
Super User

pgpg wrote:

If you read closer, no one was really using it a year ago either. 'Japsican' already gave up on it because of 'low throw' since it mattered to him, and I tried it briefly and put it back on the shelf where it still sits. I might try it again, just for fun - never had LP in OX on it.

The following was Japsican's last post, before I revived the thread...

Japsican wrote:
Just updating. I really like this blade, but the throw is so low It forced me to completely change my stroke. My Bh chop has enough technical issues as it is, and I didn’t want to further exacerbate it. But I would definitely recommend this blade for classic D. It’s as good as anything else really.

Very slow, high vibes, nice feel. Good quality. Weird that such a flexy blade would have such low throw, but it manages it somehow. Lowest ever.

The following was your post..

pgpg wrote:
I have one in FL - got it because "why not, it's cheap, and I heard good things about it even though they did not have ST in stock". Have P4 1mm and old Baracuda 2mm sheet on it. It's pleasant, but I did not spend enough time with it to pass judgement. Definitely well made. Feels soft and muted (but that's subjective). FL handle feels wide and a bit difficult to twiddle with, but probably could adjust with more time.

Although, Japsican did make a mention of the low-throw, and you did feel that the FL handle felt wide, but nothing gave me any indication that you'll had given-up on the blade...

Infact, you guys seems to have given the blade more bouquets, rather than brick-bats...

I saw the blade online, at the price that suits me. So, I thought, I'd ask around...

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 04:45 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

My bad... I guess I knew somehow that 'japsican' gave up on it from his other posts/signature and obviously I know what's in my bag.

It's a pretty good value blade, I think. Tempted to get one in ST next time I buy something from TT11.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 13:06 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Dug it out from the bottom of my TT pile and put Yinhe Neptune OX on it (Baracuda on FH). Bounce ball test seems to indicate that this combo is SLOW. Will see what it does in the club tomorrow.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 15:22 
Super User

pgpg wrote:
Dug it out from the bottom of my TT pile and put Yinhe Neptune OX on it (Baracuda on FH). Bounce ball test seems to indicate that this combo is SLOW. Will see what it does in the club tomorrow.

I'm interested in knowing how it plays, especially, with the plastic balls (I presume, that's what you play with, now)

I do quite a bit of passive blocking, but with my current setups (the one in my profile, and my XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon + Pogo OX), my blocks land pretty high, on the other side... It's mostly a technique thing, but I also wonder whether a low-throw setup would help (???)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2018, 10:57 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Played for ~30 min with Donier Def/Yinhe Neptune OX/Baracuda 2mm, including a match - it actually felt awesome. Not fast, but just right with great control - asy to put ball on the table. I previously tried it with Curl P4, and I'm starting to suspect that grippy pips with sponge are not for me right now - OX is more of my sweet spot.

Before you say that 'every new setup feels great' - I also tried BTY Matsushita Pro/Palio CK531a OX/DHS PF4 today and was not that psyched about it :(.

So - you don't have much to lose to try that one, IMHO. Build quality is excellent. I'll probably get myself another one in ST at some point.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2018, 21:19 
Super User

pgpg wrote:
Played for ~30 min with Donier Def/Yinhe Neptune OX/Baracuda 2mm, including a match - it actually felt awesome. Not fast, but just right with great control - asy to put ball on the table. I previously tried it with Curl P4, and I'm starting to suspect that grippy pips with sponge are not for me right now - OX is more of my sweet spot.

Before you say that 'every new setup feels great' - I also tried BTY Matsushita Pro/Palio CK531a OX/DHS PF4 today and was not that psyched about it :(.

So - you don't have much to lose to try that one, IMHO. Build quality is excellent. I'll probably get myself another one in ST at some point.

Thanks, for brief review...

I'm considering getting it, and slapping on an inexpensive, low-grip Chinese rubber.... The Palio CK531A, being all the above, and on the faster-side (would compliment the slower blade), comes to mind (???)