OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2012, 22:58 

Hello, I got interested with the brand Xiom because they give full detail about their products. I'm looking for a good blade for looping manufactured by Xiom. Someone suggested that the Xiom Zetro Quad is a good racket for and offensive looper like me, does anyone agree? Please suggest some if you know, I'll also be considering blades that are not manufactured by Xiom, like butterfly, Stiga, etc but specifically by Xiom. Please help, thank you!

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2012, 05:52 
Super User

I have played with butterfly blades and would say that TBS, TB ALC, Viscaria are out and out classic looper blades with excellent dwell time.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2012, 08:21 

Rahul_TT wrote:
I have played with butterfly blades and would say that TBS, TB ALC, Viscaria are out and out classic looper blades with excellent dwell time.

I currently have the TBS with the Sriver G2 on both sides. Thank you for the suggestions!

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2012, 08:29 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Axcellaricx wrote:
Hello, I got interested with the brand Xiom because they give full detail about their products. I'm looking for a good blade for looping manufactured by Xiom. Someone suggested that the Xiom Zetro Quad is a good racket for and offensive looper like me, does anyone agree? Please suggest some if you know, I'll also be considering blades that are not manufactured by Xiom, like butterfly, Stiga, etc but specifically by Xiom. Please help, thank you!

I would suggest to you Andro brand. There are several looping blades in Andro collection.
Andro Temper All+ is one off them. Great looping blade yet stiff enough to power loop fro distance.
If that is to slow look in to Andro Kinetic Supreme OFF- ZYLON/Kiso Hinoki blade. As well Andro CS7 Tour off blade 7 ply great offensive blade for looping/topspin play and yet not expensive.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012, 20:52 

Don't go with andro ! The blade which you actually have is one of the best out of here ! Superbly balanced and beast for looping.

Stick with TBS. If you think your setup is lacking something - change rubbers. Sriver G2 is just decent rubber but nothing great. If you need more spin or pace try Tenergy(if you already play with non-chineese rubbers there is no point to try them).

@purger
A friend of mine was using Temper Tech All+ for a while till he touch the table with his racquet when pushing. Resoult ? Blade cracked in a half and plywood spread through. It wasn't superbly strong stroke. Anyway TTech All+ has quite nice feeling and control but it's too squishy. And not everyone will love hinoki feel.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!