OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Oct 2019, 03:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011, 14:12 

I came across thie review and found it quite objective, from someone with fame in TT equipment review, in Chinese TT web site. I am in the rush of something. Sorry no time to paste pictures. May be later .Hope you find it useful:

Galaxy V4 review
1. Bare blade testing:
Sound produced from holding the handle and knocking blade on head is clear and through, indicating medium to high elasticity. Slight vibration detected, but no discomfort felt though. Ball dropping test: steady rebounce. Overall sensation: medium to high hard blade. The sweet spot is larger than that of V3.
2. Control capability
Labelled as “off++”, but hand feel is good. It is one that provides flexibility and power when needed. Placement over other side of the net is nicely managed at serving, short forward push and diagonal push(slicing the ball at its side back). The ball lands at target spots as desired. My short bottom spin serve does not yield the spinning desired, probably due to SUN rubber I used. I rarely play BH offensive game, mainly defensive push and rare hitting. This blade serves me well in this area. The transmission of power is clearly felt and the placement of ball excellently achieved. Considering the blade ZLC component, I give it an excellent score in control area.

3. Speed and power:
The “fibre feel” of the blade is minimum, though it belongs to this category.
It gives you the exact feeling of a whole wood blade when hitting with medium force. This might due to the composition of limba(outer) and ayus(inner layer), that provides holding effect during time of contact. It is nice to loop, both with own strength or utilizing incoming ball strength. In situation under pressure by opponent, light looping yields a steady yet quick low arc. Power loop yields ideal arc and great forward trust as the ball is thrown out. Direct hitting yields solid impact at contact, resulting a clear cut shot and confident landing, no over power flying to nowhere nonsense. A noted weakness is the slow speed at defensive push, especially under pressure.
4. Spin generation:
There is an obvious blade deformation. This is a surprise unexpected performance from a ZLC wood composite blade
. It may not be a strong point but enough to spring up a surprise, as I hit with power and execute side spin looping.

5. Appearance
May not be top notch quality in appearance but I gauge it medium. The wood fibre is evenly distributed, and there is a coating on the surfaces so fibre splitting problem may be taken care of.
Blade length=243 mm,width=149 mm,,thickness=5.65mm,handle width=20.5mm,weight on electronic scale=86.8g(covered sheet wrapped), bare blade=83g.

Conclusion: It should be a blade for those playing both wings fast looping offensive game.

Last edited by jixiaolan kc on 13 Aug 2011, 21:14, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011, 14:32 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Thanks Jix. Is it V3 or V4?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011, 21:04 

Sorry Reb.My typo error. Its a V4 zlc composite. V3 is just zl composite. I have amended the error and added three photos, and the blade physical dimension and weights.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011, 21:06 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Nice pics Jix! ;)

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011, 22:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks a lot jixiaolan kc! Very detailed review!

I'm interested about the "ound produced from holding the handle and knocking blade on head is clear and through, indicating medium to high elasticity." Do you know exactly how they do that?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2011, 23:24 

I have seen this "head knocking" test done by our ex-national. He explained to me it was a normal test but required much experience from lots of trials and the follow up playing with the blades concerned.

The technique is actually quite simple: holding the blade with both hands, slightly on the sides of the top end, thumbs on lower side of blade and four other fingers of each hand on top, and knock the handle on the head.Listen to the pitch of the sound produced, and feel the vibration on fingers and on the head. Higher pitch and clear sound indicates high elasticity and vice versa.

However, the test is also carried out by some people by holding the handle instead, and knock the blade on head.

I have no idea which is the more "precise" method. :sweat:

Note in the third picture, there are tiny holes on the edge. These are air pores created during the zlc-wood blending process. The pores were actually filled up at late stage of the process. Galaxy R & D developed a method to "excavate" these pores again at last stage of blade making. It might be retrieved to reduce weight, but I read somewhere before the air pores play a role in the elasticity of the blade.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2011, 20:02 
Super User

I was told by Yinhe that this blade is 640 RMB and was released in may. Where can one buy it?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2011, 21:31 

Yinhe was still distributing V3 and V4 for selective reviewings, so I doubt they are in the market.