OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2015, 20:51 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I have played more with 980 blade. Tenergy 05 is excellent fit for the FH. Only speed in fishingshot lets something to be desired, as the stiff blade don't catapult the ball in passive shots.

In BH I some troubles, although it feels quite nice with the DG. I one set I somehow hit 6 balls to the net with BH... :swear:

I tried Agenda on the BH. First test was not promising. It is certainly different from DG. There is missing disturbance, too high throw in many shots and slowness in wrong way.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 15:34 
Super User

dazzler wrote:
Roy have you tried t05 on Defplay?

I tried it today. It was spinnier and more spin sensitive than R7. More playing is reguired to get adjusted to throw angle. Propably Defplay is not the best match for 05, but decent combination anyway. Maybe 64 would be better, as with you Defplay you need more speed than dwell... Pushing with 05 was great.

After playin with 980 with DG+05 I returned to Defplay with same rubbers. The conclusion is that Defplay rules the table with superior control and versatile BH shots. Week before Iost every game in training with 980 and yesterday I won every game with Defplay. Control is just superior in Defplay and it reduces the mistakes.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 17:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
thanks for getting back on that one Roy,my fear with this was that the throw angle may become too high with 05 on the Defplay but I need a bit more oomph than I get with the 05fx in certain situations I think I`ve hit a winner but it does not break out from the table fast enough and it`s coming back and I don`t recover from the commitment of my previous shot.What thickness sponge did you try I will probably opt for 1.9 but am curious about the thinner version also,with t64 the trajectory will be longer with less arc I think.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 22:35 
Super User

dazzler wrote:
thanks for getting back on that one Roy,my fear with this was that the throw angle may become too high with 05 on the Defplay but I need a bit more oomph than I get with the 05fx in certain situations I think I`ve hit a winner but it does not break out from the table fast enough and it`s coming back and I don`t recover from the commitment of my previous shot.What thickness sponge did you try I will probably opt for 1.9 but am curious about the thinner version also,with t64 the trajectory will be longer with less arc I think.

I played with 05 max. I have read that 1.9 is much slower than max in 05. I think forum member manofan plays with 64 in 1.9.

I don't want longer arc, because short arc gives more confidence in FH attacks, but more direct rubber would be better in blocks or in many kind of retrieving shots.

I haven't played with fx versions, but I don't think Defplay really needs slowing down or more control by softer rubber. Regular 05 feels quite soft and mushy to me.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 22:39 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Can 'new' be replaced by 'old' in the title :lol:

I bought a used blade last year, played with it for half an hour and sold it again... I didn't like it at all for my game (chopping and looping). Don't know what is was, lack of feeling, very stiff, pretty fast and at the same time too light... JSH f.e. feels a lot better and more controlled. 980 could be a good blade for (push-)blocking though, don't know...

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2015, 16:30 

Yinhe 980

Attachments:
SANY0538 (Custom).JPG
SANY0538 (Custom).JPG [ 42.27 KiB | Viewed 2709 times ]

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2016, 18:33 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Pipsy wrote:
Can 'new' be replaced by 'old' in the title :lol:

I bought a used blade last year, played with it for half an hour and sold it again... I didn't like it at all for my game (chopping and looping). Don't know what is was, lack of feeling, very stiff, pretty fast and at the same time too light... JSH f.e. feels a lot better and more controlled. 980 could be a good blade for (push-)blocking though, don't know...

agreed with this, except for the too light part.
bought one to try, seller only has one (last one) with 93 gr weight. similar weight with defence alpha i tried at the same time. felt night and day compared with the defence alpha.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 10:55 

Blade: Sanwei Fextra
FH: Sanwei Target
BH: Sanwei T88
What would be a good 'cheap' rubber to pair with this blade?
I am looking at getting it from AliExpress...
Need something with control and spin, and predictable.
Thanks.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 11:32 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Yinhe 9000

Instagram: rokphishtt

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 12:27 

That would 9000 'E' ?

What about Dawei Genote Peak Power / Yinhe Mercury II / Palio CJ 8000 (there are so many of these)?

Im trying to get from the same store and ask if they will assemble.
Thus asking for options.

Thanks! :)

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 13:19 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Any variants of 9000 will do, the difference is minimal.

Mercury 2 is good too, a little better and a little more expensive.

Instagram: rokphishtt

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 17:39 

There is indeed a new Yinhe Defensive blade release this year (2018 as of writing this) and this is the 980 XX which is the Kim Song I SPECIAL

This particular blade is:

Plies: 5
Yinhe Speed Rating : 7
Yinhe control Rating : 9
Handle: ST
Thickness: 6.0 +/- 2mm
Weight: 80 +/- 3g
approx Head size: w: 155mm H:166mm (Compare to a T7 of w: 150, H: 157)

There are at least 6 new blades that I know of this year and funnily enough all of them end in "xx" (20th Anniversary editions). I guess that Yinhe have decided to work with some of their classic ranges and update them for the poly ball as is the case with the 970 xx range coming soon.
A LOT of the new marketing that is appearing this year seems to show that Yinhe have been working with the DPR Korea team too. :o

Last edited by TTEquipment.co.uk on 19 Jun 2018, 17:59, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2018, 17:40 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Yinhe is the main sponsor for Korea Open.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2018, 03:07 

Got myself a 980 with Mercury II on both sides.
Feels very different from what I have been using... slower, higher return ball and lesser spin...

Will take some time to get used to :)

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2019, 17:20 

Blade: DONIC Defplay Senso V3
FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft 1.8mm
BH: TSP SpinpipsChop II 1.4mm
I just order my second Yinhe/Galaxy 980, after a BIG safary in Aliexpress to find which store has the most lightweight 980 with ST handle, and found it with 81grams including the protective plastic. Weights were about 88 to 81 grams, including the plastic wrap and scratch&test tags etc.

I am VERY happy with this blade it gives me better block, chop and spinnier loop than the DefPlay senso that I am not able to control at this moment as I like, it is very flexible and fast for my taste. I am going to use TSP Curl P1r 1.0mm (BH) and AK47 Blue (FH) with this blade.

Some say that is a "copy" of BTY Joo Se Huyk blade but a bit slower that is fine with me. In fact I don't think that my skills would be better with a faster blade. Maybe that is why DefPlay Senso is not optimal for me.

My other 980 with Mercury2 and Neptune will be a back-up blade as it is very nice (I love it!!) and low cost, as I paid ~30USD for blade and those two rubbers.

@work setup: blade: Yinhe 980 | FH: Yinhe Mercury2 2.1mm | BH: Yinhe Neptune 0.7mm
to-be-used setup: blade: DONIC DefPlay Senso 3 | FH: YASAKA Rakza 7 soft 1.8mm | BH: TSP SpinPips Chop 2 1.4mm