OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Joola Chen weixing blade
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 03:31 
Incredible Shrinking Man

Any ideas what "the best" LP is for this blade??
I was thinking of Phantom 0012 for at hitting and blocking game.
I also have D.techs 1.2 mm in mind.
I can play all styles, close, mid far, block, def.
Any suggestions?
Anyone who uses this blade?

Cheers
Geddk

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 08:00 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

I had that blade with P1r and Octopus. Didn't like it at all. Got rid of it after about a month. Too fast and too hard. No control. There are better out there.

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2011, 09:07 
LoopER Chopin

Blade: Shiono
FH: Spectol
BH: P1r
I still have this blade as a backup. Dtecs is too fast. I chopped with curl p1r 0.6. I've tried giant dragon giant long ox on it. That was really good for hitting and blocking. It was okay for chopping.

Its a pretty fast blade for chopping. Good for hitting. Love the handle size on it.

I've also tried phantom 12 on a donic defplay senso classic. Easy to hit with. Even against topspin, really slow rubber. Only reason I'm not using it right now is it was so grippy it was difficult against fast or heavy backspin...
Good rubber though.

my recommendations: giant long ox, talon ox, phantom 12 if you can get used to that one thing cause it does chop well too, or p3 ox (but you won't get as much junk on the ball).

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2011, 00:50 

I use this blade for about 2 years and played with TSP P1R 1.0, Palio CK531 OX and 1.0, D. Tecs OX old.
I now use a new D.tecs OX and fits perfectly with Chen to close the table (block, kick, etc.) and the distance (chopping an excellent and controlled).
Wood is a little faster for the defense but they have excellent control.
I think it fits for each OX rubber :up:

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2012, 17:05 

I have this blade for almost 3 years . Its heavy but vey good at chopping. I use Badman Reloaded (Joola) and Butterfly Tackfire -spin is your weapon here and choping but it is good to have the Tackfire for looping too as pure defense seems to be long gone.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2015, 01:54 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
GrumpyJoe wrote:
I had that blade with P1r and Octopus. Didn't like it at all. Got rid of it after about a month. Too fast and too hard. No control. There are better out there.

I bought the blade for 33€. I think the control is good, at least for the FH. Good fishing blade.

Tested BH with DG and Xiying. DG is bi too fast, Xiying was very slow and controlled, but easy for opponets also.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2015, 16:16 
Super User

There are good and bad for JWC blade. With T05 FH has good speed and very good control. Head size might be bit too large.

BH with ox pips is faster and grippier than Defplay. With Talon the speed was quite right, but it was quite sensitive to spin. Chopping had great spin potential, but pushing and blocking required precision on angles. Maybe I try sponged pips later...

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2015, 11:57 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
I have this blade, and i play with it sometimes, but just because i like Chen, not because of the blade...
hahah

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015, 20:01 
Super User

I tried to play with Grip-S E soft and 755 (0.6)/531(0.6).

Grip-S was positive surprise on the FH. Quite great! :) FH seems to be very good in CWX blade, both for looping and fishing.

Sponged 755 and 531 felt similar, quite fast, but in a good way. Actually I could play with them nicely - usually I suck with sponged LP's. They were not sensitive to spin and blocking was easy. I couldn't get much spin for my chops though.

I set against regular partners I played as well as with my regular DF blade, which is very positive news, as the blade and rubbers are more or less totally new to me.

If I could find perfect LP, then I might switch blade to the next season... :P

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015, 22:39 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I really like the Grip-S (Europe) too... I played with it for a few seasons. One of the main reasons I changed was inconsistancy among sheets... some played very different to others.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2015, 00:29 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
I really like the Grip-S (Europe) too... I played with it for a few seasons. One of the main reasons I changed was inconsistancy among sheets... some played very different to others.

I noticed you had made reviews of versions of grip-s. I bought mine from the sale with not much prior knowledge. Bouncing it on the blade felt slow, so I had no high hopes for it, but in real play it was faster than expected. And really spinny with good control.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2015, 00:41 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
I did play it for about 2 years.

Don't forget that a blade has 2 sides and you can't just consider one side. If you are a modern defenders and attack with your FH then the blade need to be firmer. Chen Blade is that. Faster blade for modern defense. The size and handle were great. I played hurricane 3 on FH and it fit the speed, spin and control I need for my FH. On the BH I got the PR-1 and I was doing ok with it.

For that, I then change to the Victas offensive defensive blade. Much firmer, the control is better and the spin and speed better for my FH. For my defense with the BH, I found less vibration, firmer, well balance. My PR-1 got much better for the agrressive shot like counter and flat hit.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 07:27 
Super User

I have this blade. I feel that it's kind of "bouncy".....too much spring for play at the table. However....I used Stiga Destroyer OX and it worked really well for hitting. Might have to revisit with some different rubbers. For me Dtec OX was a nightmare on this blade and I like Dtec.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 10:48 

Hi! I own 3 Chen Weixing blades and I would try one of them with new short pips at the forehand. I tried Joo blade with Spinlord Varan 1,5 and it's very interesting. Would you think that the Chen is a good attempt with short pips?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 13:36 
Super User

treetop wrote:
I have this blade. I feel that it's kind of "bouncy".....too much spring for play at the table. However....I used Stiga Destroyer OX and it worked really well for hitting. Might have to revisit with some different rubbers. For me Dtec OX was a nightmare on this blade and I like Dtec.

I have same kind of first impression with ox pips. Blade seems to be bouncy and grippy same time, which is not good for table play.

I have tried Dtecs on many slower blades and it seems to allways too fast and uncontrolled. So I predict it will be nightmare for me too. In any case, I see that there are some players in German forums etc. playing Dtecs ox and many other ox pips with blade.

DG first impressions were not very encouraging, Talon was sensitive to spin (speed ok) and 531 ox quite fast. I feel that Defplay is lot better with those ox pips - more insensitive to spin and you can work the ball especially with DG.

On the other hand sponged pips 531 and 755 with 0.6 sponge felt quite good, althought borderline too fast. Low trajectory and insensitive to spin. Actually I got lot of net-sorry balls because of flat curve. The problem is, I am not good with sponged pips. I ordered p1r 0.5 to try, let's see about that.

BH has good hitting potential, but it's still not percentage shot for me - fun anyway, when 1/10 lands and you see your opponents face... :devil:

In some older thread Leatherback said that "CWX loops beautifully" away from table and I agree.

At BH chopping blade feels quite stable, which is good.