OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 21:55 

Stiga clipper oversize wrb is an good blade with Galaxy Mercury 2 rubber and spinlord long pips. its an beast ....try it spinlord blitschlag...but not very good for pushing....for best pushing ,,use 729 ritc 755-2.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 01:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

leatherback wrote:
Baal wrote:
I mean that Maze would be a better substitute for a Matushita Pro Special than a Clipper. Butterfly has for many years now made a bunch of arylate and arylate-carbon blades. They are all good, it is really what they do best. The Matushita special was the slowest of them all, designed for modern defenders who like to loop with their forehand. It was a unique and excellent blade, and I wonder why they stopped making it. Probably the next slowest one you can still buy is the Maze. It will definitely be faster than the Matushita PS you have been used to, but not much faster than the Clipper (if any at all), and it will have more of the soft feel that you were used to with the Matsushita Pro Special. It will let you loop wonderfully with your FH, and with the right bacvkhand rubber should do many of the things you could do with the Matushita, certainly more so than a Clipper. I think it could work for you, especially if there is some way you could try one before buying. Anyway, I recommend finding another really slow arylate or arylate-carbon blade rather than a Clipper. (Arylate is another name for aramide fiber if you are willing to check other manufacturers).

Ill test one out and see how i like it! thanks for the idea!

just for the info....butterfly stopped making it because Matsushita became the president of TSP......

So... maybe TSP makes an equivalent? :lol:

I don't think arylate is aramid (no e) - aramid fibers are the same as Kevlar(tm) - Kevlar is a trade name belonging to DuPont, "aramid" is the generic term. What "arylate" is, I'm not really certain - do a web search of "arylate" - and what do you find? ONLY table tennis related links! It is, I think, a name Butterfly made up to market rackets containing some sort of fiber, without actually using the name for the fiber everyone else (outside of table tennis) uses for it. In other words, it's a trade secret - though Yinhe seems to know what it is (or are simply using the name, who knows if their arylate is the same as Butterfly's!). What is it exactly? I suspect it's Vectran - the fiber used in some space suits and in airbags used to land the Mars Rovers. I remember trying to get my hands on some Vectran cloth around 1999-2000 when I was making blades, pretty hard to get. Kevlar/aramid was EASY to get (but impossible to cut without fraying.. :lol: ). Another possibility is Spectra - essentially, spun ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (another bullet proof vest material and what they use in high tech braided fishing line).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 01:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ah..

http://www.kuraray.co.jp/en/products/fiber/vectran.html

Yup, "arylate" is probably vectran. Kuraray calls it a "polyarylate". On the other hand:

http://www.kuraray.co.jp/vectran/en/product/index.html

"Table tennis bats" isn't mentioned as one of the products it's used for... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2016, 02:34 

I am playing with STIGA clipper oversize ,and could not find the reserv racket,so i started to look around and found 40 different blades similar to stiga and finally i have bought a GAMBLER dj fly . This is very very similar to stiga.so i have put spinlord blitschlag on it and its very very good.for forehand i have put gambler outlaw .

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2016, 03:34 

pipsmaster wrote:
I am playing with STIGA clipper oversize ,and could not find the reserv racket,so i started to look around and found 40 different blades similar to stiga and finally i have bought a GAMBLER dj fly . This is very very similar to stiga.so i have put spinlord blitschlag on it and its very very good.for forehand i have put gambler outlaw .

Is GAMBLER dj fly an oversized blade? edit: find out it is not ;(

Then, did you check out stiga defensive wood nct?

BTW, the oversize blade is more than a "confidence" superstition :lol:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!