OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2015, 14:21 
Super User

Has anybody had a chance to test the new Koji Special blade? I look forward to hearing some reviews, but I plan to stick with the regular VKM.

USATT Rating: 2013

Last edited by ckhirnigs113 on 12 Jan 2016, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 14:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Here is a player demonstrating the Victas Koji Matsushita Special blade. Rubber is Victas VS>402:

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 18:07 

Blade: Ross Leidy Cassandra
FH: Tenergy 05 fx
BH: Tsp p1r 1.0-1.3
townhousecrackers wrote:
Hey auzcar, I try not to encourage too much Ej'ing, but the VKM is great. Its been awhile since I have played with the Defplay and have only more recently made the swith to playing OX, but I think the VKM plays better with less or no Sponge. My over the table game has gotten tremendously better since switching to OX (so that may not be completely a function of the blade), and I am chopping better than ever before. If you are okay with playing without the hollow handle, I think you will be very happy.

Thanks for the review! So I'm using it with a tsp p1r 1.0-1.3 mm and it is definitely harder to control than thin sponge. Considering going back to 0.3-0.6mm but maybe my short game will suffer. But I think I'll get way more control on chops especially hard and/or high loops. What would you suggest?

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 19:48 

Blade: JSH
FH: Barracuda 2.0
BH: Curl P2 0.5
To my experiences the opposite is true. Curl p1r with a thinner sponge (or Ox) will give you more control in the short game. Returning hard loops will be easier with 1.0mm as it helps in controlling the high pace. Needs to be said the difference is not huge between 0.6mm and 1.0mm but should be noticeable.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 02:28 

Blade: Ross Leidy Cassandra
FH: Tenergy 05 fx
BH: Tsp p1r 1.0-1.3
Gybe! wrote:
To my experiences the opposite is true. Curl p1r with a thinner sponge (or Ox) will give you more control in the short game. Returning hard loops will be easier with 1.0mm as it helps in controlling the high pace. Needs to be said the difference is not huge between 0.6mm and 1.0mm but should be noticeable.

I can return hard loops with 1.0 mm as well with a vertical stroke. What I meant was that when I switched to a 1.0 mm then I was putting my chops around 6 inches far from the table. It was because with palio ox and even tsp 01r 0.5 mm I really had to cut hard. But with 1.0 mm I need to have a soft hand. This gives me trouble especially while returning the opening loop (high arced and/or fast). And all I did with lps before switching to 1.0 mm was swipe however I wanted and it would land, only paid a little attention and chop blocked topspin. But after switching to 1.0 mm I had to pay more attention to backspin and no spin/top spin otherwise the ball wouldnt land/be netted. Perhaps my overall receiving improved because of 1.0 mm which is why I thought it was easier to receive with? xD

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 01:29 
Super User

Blade: VKMO (FL)
FH: Gambler Volt-T black
BH: TSP Spectol Blue 1.5 red
The VKMO and Grass Dtecs were both on sale at TT11 the week before last, and I couldn't resist picking them up (got H3 on the forehand). Took the new racket to the club for the first time yesterday. It felt REALLY good. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but the sensation of contact with the ball was just really pleasant. The sound was a little different than the sound of my Defplay but still recognizable as a defensive blade with pips - maybe more of a 'tok' than a 'tonk' if that makes any sense.

Definitely an increase in speed on both sides, though BH chops didn't seem harder to control (nb. they definitely were a little lower, I suspect because Grass Dtecs is less grippy than P1R). I did send a few extra FH chops long, but attacks felt great, like I couldn't miss. I also got way more points on serve than I usually do, which I mostly attribute to the fresh sheet of Hurricane which is noticeably spinnier than the ~4 month old sheet I've got on the Defplay.

The blade also felt lighter, although I think if I put them both on the scale there wouldn't be much of a difference. I wanna say the balance is less head-heavy and that's where the difference comes from.

I'll see what I think in a month when the honeymoon effect wears off ;) [also, I will try and update my blog which I have neglected for a while due to laziness]

Currently experimenting with short pips:
VKMO+ Gambler Volt-T + TSP Spectol Blue (1.5)
Joola CWX + Nittaku Hurricane III Pro Turbo Orange + Spinlord Gepard (1.8 )

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 06:40 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
BH: Victas Spectol S1
kaesees wrote:
The VKMO and Grass Dtecs were both on sale at TT11 the week before last, and I couldn't resist picking them up (got H3 on the forehand). Took the new racket to the club for the first time yesterday. It felt REALLY good. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but the sensation of contact with the ball was just really pleasant. The sound was a little different than the sound of my Defplay but still recognizable as a defensive blade with pips - maybe more of a 'tok' than a 'tonk' if that makes any sense.

Definitely an increase in speed on both sides, though BH chops didn't seem harder to control (nb. they definitely were a little lower, I suspect because Grass Dtecs is less grippy than P1R). I did send a few extra FH chops long, but attacks felt great, like I couldn't miss. I also got way more points on serve than I usually do, which I mostly attribute to the fresh sheet of Hurricane which is noticeably spinnier than the ~4 month old sheet I've got on the Defplay.

The blade also felt lighter, although I think if I put them both on the scale there wouldn't be much of a difference. I wanna say the balance is less head-heavy and that's where the difference comes from.

I'll see what I think in a month when the honeymoon effect wears off ;) [also, I will try and update my blog which I have neglected for a while due to laziness]

?????!!!!!! The VKMO should be way heavier than the Defplay from what I've read :o Aren't Defplays like in the 70's for grams? The VKMO's being in the 90's range?

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 09:18 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
I have an 85 gram defplay senso and an 87 gram VKMO

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 15:41 
Super User

Blade: VKMO (FL)
FH: Gambler Volt-T black
BH: TSP Spectol Blue 1.5 red
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
Aren't Defplays like in the 70's for grams? The VKMO's being in the 90's range?

A Donic Defplay Senso (my point of comparison) is nominally 85 grams, compared to a nominal weight of 91g for the VKMO.

You may be thinking of the Donic Defplay Classic Senso, which is nominally 70g. The names are confusingly similar.

Currently experimenting with short pips:
VKMO+ Gambler Volt-T + TSP Spectol Blue (1.5)
Joola CWX + Nittaku Hurricane III Pro Turbo Orange + Spinlord Gepard (1.8 )

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 17:12 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
BH: Victas Spectol S1
kaesees wrote:
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
Aren't Defplays like in the 70's for grams? The VKMO's being in the 90's range?

A Donic Defplay Senso (my point of comparison) is nominally 85 grams, compared to a nominal weight of 91g for the VKMO.

You may be thinking of the Donic Defplay Classic Senso, which is nominally 70g. The names are confusingly similar.

Well, I guess Defplay's aren't as light as I thought they'd be. :oops:

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2018, 23:00 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
I have had 5 defplays sensos (not the classic).

The heaviest was 82g, the rest have been 78 thru 80g consistently. Never the 85g that donic advertises.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 22:26 

Blade: Tibhar E. Lebesson
FH: Xiom Vega Pro
BH: Xiom Vega Pro
Had only one defplay and it was exactly 85g. :)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 18:50 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Friendship 729-2
BH: SPINLORD Sternenfall 1.0
Hello guys, I'm reviving this old topic in order to ask someone with experience with this blade and 0.5 LPs..
Previously i used the Donic defplay classic senso v3, with 2.2 T05 on forehand and 0.5 P1R on backhand. While i had some success with this combo, it had a lot of unpredictability for my taste, at least for my level of play which is intermediate..
So i bought a used VKM (old version) with Friendship 729-2 on Forehand (works like a charm) and SPINLORD Sternenfall 1.0 on the backhand - bit too fast for me.
I really, really like how this blade plays on the forehand, however i think that the 1.0 mm sponge on the spinlord makes it a bit fast for my taste. Also i'm having troubles returning a heavy underspin serves with the spinlord.. have no idea why this is.
So I'm looking for new long pips for my backhand and narrowed down the following options:
0.5 TSP P1R
0.5 DTecs grass - never tried a dtecs, i don't know if its for me.
0.5 TSP P4
0.5 Feint Long II

My question is, have anyone tried this blade with these pimples at this thickness?
My play style is to use my BH (mainly chop) till i create an opportunity for an attack either from BH or FH.
Can you provide any recommendations?

EDIT:
Bought the TSP P1-R, it's amazing on this blade.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2022, 01:39 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
I have just started using the VKM original with Grass DTecS ox and Evolution max.
I was worried that I should have gone for the offensive version but in fact I have ample power to loop and drive near the table and excellent control on the backhand side.
The blade is not powerful enough to loop or drive from mid- distance but I have started to chop from the forehand side or play a higher topspin return which really kicks off the table.
I am really pleased with the blade for blocking and it is superb when blocking with the forehand side.
Very happy with my new purchase so far.
Bulldog

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2022, 08:53 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Guys, I have now played half a season with this blade and achieved very good results,
It produces more spin than my previous blade using similar rubbers.
I reversed two defeats I suffered in the first half of the season, including a victory over a very good lady veteran who usually beats me with under spin allied to controlled topspin.
I am persevering with it.
Bulldog

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next