OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 18:31 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Spot on! :D :D
pgpg wrote:
People who write reviews tend to be the same people who enjoy trying new equipment? ;)

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 02:16 

Blade: Butterfly JSH
FH: JOOLA Golden Tango 1,8mm
BH: 802 1,5mm
Can anyone compare the Victas Koji Matsushita with a Yinhe LQ2 in term of flex and speed?
I didn't try the Victas yet but I assume it should be similar to the LQ2 but with a softer feel.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2015, 18:51 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Defensive
FH: Stiga Calibra Tour M max
BH: Friendship 729 - 755 Ox
I bought and tried the Victas Koji Matsushita blade with Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand and Bomb Talent 0.5 mm on backhand. This blade is very good for modern defensive style.
Good chopping and good counter attack. Very good controlled blade.

Setup 4: Nittaku Resist, Xiom Sigma I Europe max on forehand, Friendship 755 0.5 mm on backhand
Setup 5: Victas Koji Matsushita, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand
Setup 6: Butterfly Defence 4, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2015, 01:09 
Super User

vietma,
Could you compare your Defence 4 to the VKM? I haven't read many reviews of the new Defence 4.
Thanks, CK

USATT Rating: 2013

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 22:26 

Heads up. The new Victas Koji Matsushita Special blade is coming out in December.

Composite Defensive Blade with Fleece Carbon, surface of 165x155mm, 5.6mm thick, weighs ~90g and comes in FL and ST.

Here is a screen grab of it from the Japanese Store Kokusai Takkyu.

Attachments:
KojiMatsushitaSpecial.jpg
KojiMatsushitaSpecial.jpg [ 54.16 KiB | Viewed 4037 times ]

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 22:57 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
HitHitHit wrote:
Heads up. The new Victas Koji Matsushita Special blade is coming out in December.

Composite Defensive Blade with Fleece Carbon, surface of 165x155mm, 5.6mm thick, weighs ~90g and comes in FL and ST.

Here is a screen grab of it from the Japanese Store Kokusai Takkyu.

Oh the itch. The ITCH!!! It feels like bugs crawling under my skin I want that so bad. :D

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 23:11 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
That looks really interesting, I'm kinda interested in the VKMO as well, trying to hold off though haha.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 03:08 
Super User

How is the reversal on LP chopping with the VKM compared to the Bty JSH blade?

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 05:15 

Koji Special is made in China::

http://victas-jp.com/product/brades/detail/?id=71

TT-Japan Engrish says: "Wood structure with reduced rebound, does not resonate in a wide sweet spot and hand the special material produce 'new sense'. State-of-the-art Matsushita Koji model dedicated to the modern man cut that emphasizes the attack, birth."

Does not resonate in a wide sweet spot? That's something I already don't like about normal VKM. Kind of a sharp, thin, shrill feel.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 06:15 
Super User

ridderz65 wrote:

Both blades give a lot of "reversed spin" when chopping. Difficult to say which is better, i'd say the joo can reverse the spin more easily (if the loop is already spinny) whereas the VKM requires more work, but i think if you have good tecnique and arm/wrist speed the result is about the same. However, the VKM is surely better than the Joo at putting its own spin on the ball.
As we wrote in this thread many times, they are very different blades, the VKM is really soft and slow compared to the Joo, which is very hard. The feeling is completely different, and there's also a great gap in speed.

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 06:36 
Super User

RevanII wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

Both blades give a lot of "reversed spin" when chopping. Difficult to say which is better, i'd say the joo can reverse the spin more easily (if the loop is already spinny) whereas the VKM requires more work, but i think if you have good tecnique and arm/wrist speed the result is about the same. However, the VKM is surely better than the Joo at putting its own spin on the ball.
As we wrote in this thread many times, they are very different blades, the VKM is really soft and slow compared to the Joo, which is very hard. The feeling is completely different, and there's also a great gap in speed.

Could that mean that offensive blades could be really good for long pimples? Because a lot of them are hard and stiff?

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 23:40 
Super User

ridderz65 wrote:
RevanII wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

Could that mean that offensive blades could be really good for long pimples? Because a lot of them are hard and stiff?

Many off blades are indeed really good for pimples, mut you have to be able to control them because they are fast ;) And also, it's not easy to play with few spin generation on the LP side... you have to be very offensive/twiddle/be very good with the pips.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2015, 22:05 

I recently got hold of a VKM and the first thing I noticed is that the handle is off to a side by a few millimeters from the center of the blade face. This is visible just by looking at it and even more clear by measuring. Has anyone else noticed this on their blade? Or did I get a bad QA one?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2015, 02:27 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
I stared at mine for a bit and it *might* be not perfectly symmetric, but it's really hard to tell with rubbers glued on and even if there is a bit of asymmetry, it's really nothing outrageous in my case.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2015, 12:51 
Super User

ksz.adrian wrote:
I recently got hold of a VKM and the first thing I noticed is that the handle is off to a side by a few millimeters from the center of the blade face. This is visible just by looking at it and even more clear by measuring. Has anyone else noticed this on their blade? Or did I get a bad QA one?

Yes it happens because i found at least 2 of them among about 10 VKM i've seen. Definitely something that could bother a little some people :^) But for example a friend of mine claims he can't tell the difference...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next