OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 18:39


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 18:31 
Offline
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist
User avatar

Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 02:09
Posts: 1469
Location: Belgium
Has thanked: 216 times
Been thanked: 278 times
Blade: BTY Joo Saehyuk
FH: Donic Bluefire JP 02
BH: Donic Spike P1 1.0
Spot on! :D :D
pgpg wrote:
People who write reviews tend to be the same people who enjoy trying new equipment? ;)

_________________
Exclusive OOAK-Interview with Joo Saehyuk | Masato Shiono | Panagiotis Gionis


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2015, 02:16 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 03 Jun 2015, 21:53
Posts: 16
Location: Italy
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Blade: VKM
FH: VS401
BH: Spectol
Can anyone compare the Victas Koji Matsushita with a Yinhe LQ2 in term of flex and speed?
I didn't try the Victas yet but I assume it should be similar to the LQ2 but with a softer feel.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2015, 18:51 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 15:58
Posts: 25
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times
Blade: Yasaka Sweden Defensive
FH: Stiga Calibra Tour M max
BH: Friendship 729 - 755 Ox
I bought and tried the Victas Koji Matsushita blade with Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand and Bomb Talent 0.5 mm on backhand. This blade is very good for modern defensive style.
Good chopping and good counter attack. Very good controlled blade.

_________________
Setup 1: Joola Toni Hold White Spot, Donic Bluefire M2 max on forehand, Friendship 755 Ox on backhand
Setup 2: Yasaka Sweden Defensive, Stiga Calibra Tour M max on forehand, Friendship 755 Ox on backhand
Setup 3: Butterfly Matsushita Pro Special, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand
Setup 4: Nittaku Resist, Xiom Sigma I Europe max on forehand, Friendship 755 0.5 mm on backhand
Setup 5: Victas Koji Matsushita, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand
Setup 6: Butterfly Defence 4, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2015, 01:09 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 20:17
Posts: 277
Location: USA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times
vietma,
Could you compare your Defence 4 to the VKM? I haven't read many reviews of the new Defence 4.
Thanks, CK

_________________
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ST
FH: Xiom Vega Japan 2.0mm
BH: TSP P1-R 1.0mm
USATT Rating: 2013


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 22:26 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 09 Jun 2014, 01:46
Posts: 121
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Heads up. The new Victas Koji Matsushita Special blade is coming out in December.

Composite Defensive Blade with Fleece Carbon, surface of 165x155mm, 5.6mm thick, weighs ~90g and comes in FL and ST.

Here is a screen grab of it from the Japanese Store Kokusai Takkyu.


Attachments:
KojiMatsushitaSpecial.jpg
KojiMatsushitaSpecial.jpg [ 54.16 KiB | Viewed 1468 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 22:57 
Offline
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014, 13:38
Posts: 1791
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 401 times
Been thanked: 330 times
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Secret Flow Chop (1.5mm)
BH: FL3 (1.3)/P-1R (1.5) Test
HitHitHit wrote:
Heads up. The new Victas Koji Matsushita Special blade is coming out in December.

Composite Defensive Blade with Fleece Carbon, surface of 165x155mm, 5.6mm thick, weighs ~90g and comes in FL and ST.

Here is a screen grab of it from the Japanese Store Kokusai Takkyu.

Oh the itch. The ITCH!!! It feels like bugs crawling under my skin I want that so bad. :D

_________________
Blog: "Holy Chtchet!"Rating: 1615

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2015, 23:11 
Offline
Holey Woods
Holey Woods
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2008, 04:53
Posts: 1094
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Blade: Stiga Offensive Classic
FH: Bluefire M1
BH: Grass D.Tecs ox
That looks really interesting, I'm kinda interested in the VKMO as well, trying to hold off though haha.

_________________
Read about my adventures to perfect my style and the ever-present battle against the evil EJ virus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 03:08 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:36
Posts: 351
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 27 times
How is the reversal on LP chopping with the VKM compared to the Bty JSH blade?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2015, 05:15 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 08 Dec 2013, 07:59
Posts: 27
Location: Portland, OR
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Koji Special is made in China::

http://victas-jp.com/product/brades/detail/?id=71

TT-Japan Engrish says: "Wood structure with reduced rebound, does not resonate in a wide sweet spot and hand the special material produce 'new sense'. State-of-the-art Matsushita Koji model dedicated to the modern man cut that emphasizes the attack, birth."

Does not resonate in a wide sweet spot? That's something I already don't like about normal VKM. Kind of a sharp, thin, shrill feel.

_________________
1994 ∙ VID: 08/19/2017


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 06:15 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 20:39
Posts: 381
Location: Milan (italy)
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 100 times
ridderz65 wrote:
How is the reversal on LP chopping with the VKM compared to the Bty JSH blade?


Both blades give a lot of "reversed spin" when chopping. Difficult to say which is better, i'd say the joo can reverse the spin more easily (if the loop is already spinny) whereas the VKM requires more work, but i think if you have good tecnique and arm/wrist speed the result is about the same. However, the VKM is surely better than the Joo at putting its own spin on the ball.
As we wrote in this thread many times, they are very different blades, the VKM is really soft and slow compared to the Joo, which is very hard. The feeling is completely different, and there's also a great gap in speed.

_________________
My Paddle
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ST
FH: Baracuda 1.8 (black)
BH: Curl p1-r 1.0 (red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 06:36 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:36
Posts: 351
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 27 times
RevanII wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
How is the reversal on LP chopping with the VKM compared to the Bty JSH blade?


Both blades give a lot of "reversed spin" when chopping. Difficult to say which is better, i'd say the joo can reverse the spin more easily (if the loop is already spinny) whereas the VKM requires more work, but i think if you have good tecnique and arm/wrist speed the result is about the same. However, the VKM is surely better than the Joo at putting its own spin on the ball.
As we wrote in this thread many times, they are very different blades, the VKM is really soft and slow compared to the Joo, which is very hard. The feeling is completely different, and there's also a great gap in speed.

Could that mean that offensive blades could be really good for long pimples? Because a lot of them are hard and stiff?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2015, 23:40 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 20:39
Posts: 381
Location: Milan (italy)
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 100 times
ridderz65 wrote:
RevanII wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
How is the reversal on LP chopping with the VKM compared to the Bty JSH blade?


Both blades give a lot of "reversed spin" when chopping. Difficult to say which is better, i'd say the joo can reverse the spin more easily (if the loop is already spinny) whereas the VKM requires more work, but i think if you have good tecnique and arm/wrist speed the result is about the same. However, the VKM is surely better than the Joo at putting its own spin on the ball.
As we wrote in this thread many times, they are very different blades, the VKM is really soft and slow compared to the Joo, which is very hard. The feeling is completely different, and there's also a great gap in speed.

Could that mean that offensive blades could be really good for long pimples? Because a lot of them are hard and stiff?


Many off blades are indeed really good for pimples, mut you have to be able to control them because they are fast ;) And also, it's not easy to play with few spin generation on the LP side... you have to be very offensive/twiddle/be very good with the pips.

_________________
My Paddle
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ST
FH: Baracuda 1.8 (black)
BH: Curl p1-r 1.0 (red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2015, 22:05 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 11 Feb 2015, 19:13
Posts: 30
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
I recently got hold of a VKM and the first thing I noticed is that the handle is off to a side by a few millimeters from the center of the blade face. This is visible just by looking at it and even more clear by measuring. Has anyone else noticed this on their blade? Or did I get a bad QA one?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2015, 02:27 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 00:48
Posts: 971
Location: Boston
Has thanked: 275 times
Been thanked: 198 times
Blade: VKM ST
FH: VS>401
BH: Air UpUpUp 1mm
I stared at mine for a bit and it *might* be not perfectly symmetric, but it's really hard to tell with rubbers glued on and even if there is a bit of asymmetry, it's really nothing outrageous in my case.

_________________
USATT: 1693| League: 1813


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2015, 12:51 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 20:39
Posts: 381
Location: Milan (italy)
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 100 times
ksz.adrian wrote:
I recently got hold of a VKM and the first thing I noticed is that the handle is off to a side by a few millimeters from the center of the blade face. This is visible just by looking at it and even more clear by measuring. Has anyone else noticed this on their blade? Or did I get a bad QA one?


Yes it happens because i found at least 2 of them among about 10 VKM i've seen. Definitely something that could bother a little some people :^) But for example a friend of mine claims he can't tell the difference...

_________________
My Paddle
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ST
FH: Baracuda 1.8 (black)
BH: Curl p1-r 1.0 (red)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tabletenniser and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: