OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2013, 02:02 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
haggisv wrote:
I'm not sure if Thor's is a good idea in this case... the hard sponge (and only max thickness!) will likely mask a lot of the good feel of the blade.

I had a very brief hit at a competition today and I think you're right about that. The blade is quite different from Joo, much softer feeling. But the Victas rubber should be nice on a Joo-blade.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 05:04 
Super User

So, I had a chance to hit with the VKM last night. My god, does it chop like a dream. And the the dwell time I got compared to my Joo blade was awesome. I could spin the ball much easier. Also, this blade is lighter than my Joo Blade, and big part of the reason why I had cut my blade down was because of the weight, and the larger size on the VKM with less weight felt great. Also, over the last couple weeks I have been struggling over getting another blade since I hit the table with mine and pulled up 2 plies over about a 1/2" by 1-1/2" area near the top right of my blade. I pressed them down the a clamp and a little krazy glue, but that spot just doesn't play the same anymore :( . So the perfect storm just happened and will probably order a VKM tonight.

My quetions for you guys are how does Dtecs 1.2 pair with this blade, has anyone tried it? (I know it plays very will with OX, but I am use to and enjoy playing with sponge, specifcally the Dtecs 1.2, and as popular as Dtecs seems, doesnt seem like many VKM users are going that route) and Since the blade is relatively soft, should it be paired with a softer FH rubber? (I have gotten use to harder rubbers, I guess partially because I have had a harder blade). I finally have been comfortable getting to the point of being happy with my rubbers, so I don't want to make this a step back.

I will probably try Dtecs 1.2, P1r 1.0 and maybe a couple of others before I settle with what I keep on it.

1 last question. I know there has been some Quality Control/recall issue recently. So, Where is the best place to order one from?
thanks

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 05:10 

I use D.TecS 1.2 on the VKM. It chops like a mofo and is controlled as hell. The combination is so good, I want to make love to it ;-)

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 05:20 
Super User

Coxeroni wrote:
I use D.TecS 1.2 on the VKM. It chops like a mofo and is controlled as hell. The combination is so good, I want to make love to it ;-)

Nominated for townhousecrackers' best comments 2013 award

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 05:21 
Super User

Coxeroni, what do you use on the FH side?

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 10:44 
Super User

As promised on some tread, I have taken delivery of both BTY Joo and offensive Koji blade

set both up with P-r1 1mm and Xiom OmegaIV elite 2mm.

well both are very different to my DR N combi effect which I used for 4 years now, but really it was too fast for any chopper, I am not used to a blade with vibration ( feel my coached called it ??? ) and they are both heavier than Combi, so tennis elbow was a worry. But so far OK for TE

I, without much practice, used the Koji at a local tornament ( and played well I can say ) then took it to Aussie Vets and played well, beat some good players ( even one on the forum sorry ) not as fast as the Combi different feel but overall I'm sold. Just before I changed I was using Dtec 1mm and Vega Elite 2mm and might stick that on this blade next week. I have a big grading tornament this week to get into newly formed super league here in CHCH, only 16 players and currently 3 spots yet to fill, thinking as I am still sick with manflu from Darwin I will be lucky to get one of the three spots, there are least 3 players I will be lucky if fully fit to beat let alone sick.

But back to blades liked both liked Kofi better, I will order some more as I am coaching a chopper and he will want to buy one I think

Cheers

greggy

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2013, 17:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday I played more than 1 minute with my Koji för the first time. About 5 min :) . Anyway, BH chopping was a true delight! I hade a red Dawei 388D on a soft 0,8 mm sponge. On FH I have a Victas >401 2,0 mm. The FH was difficult for me, so different from my Joo with Thors. Ball went very high on loops. I need to use it a lot more before I could get used to it. But I loved it for chooping -superb. For now I will stay with my current setup since it works really well and I have plays very good with it now in the beginning of the season. But I will use my Koji setup more in prectice to evaluate it. Also, I will try the Victas >401 on my spare Joo-blade.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2013, 23:55 

I put a >401 on the latest VKM with blue handle - the offensive -defensive blade. Wow the rubber is heavy - 60g. And the tackiness is a challenge to master on VKM due to the total weight > 190g.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 05:41 

townhousecrackers wrote:

Victas VS>401 in 2.0 thickness. Excellent combination.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 05:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Coxeroni wrote:
townhousecrackers wrote:

Agreed! But like said before, it is a heavy rubber so a light BH rubber is good.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 10:49 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I'm buying one of these next time google send me my annual blade money, I'm due sometime this month.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 21:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
You're sponsored by Google? :o :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 22:28 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Yep, every couple of years Google send me 150 bucks or so for general YouTube's. That's my fancy blade money :).

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 07:39 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Feint Long III
This is one of the few blades which I liked from the first hit. It has a great feel and flex but not much hollow feeling. I only played with it 3 times and I am very new to chopping/modern defense style, so I cannot just comment on it's defensive capabilities. On the other hand, I had a great time at attacking by landing powerful loops from forehand side and this blade has a great control and feel to it. I probably attacked more than my usual inverted setup because of the new found confidence. The extra flex helps to land my loops from distance. Now I need to learn to chop properly with this blade. :D

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2013, 00:21 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
Coxeroni wrote:
townhousecrackers wrote:

Agreed! But like said before, it is a heavy rubber so a light BH rubber is good.

I gave this rubber a try, I think it is lacking in counter looping. It does everything else well though. I have just grown accustomed to the feel of Tenergy and have become a bit biased now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next